• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Coast Football Ramble Podcast

turbo

Now we are hearing that we will lose Miller and Birra at the end of the season along with our international players leading to yet another complete rebuild
Birraz isn’t overly surprising and I’ve got no doubt the club has tried to retain him. Where are you hearing that about Miller? He has signed a senior contract through the 21-22 season.

Fadetoblack944

One Question whats the situation in regards to our scouting "network", do we still do research in forms of youtube video highlights or do we have specific people in charge of finding new players? If we do are these people full time and if not is there any plans of getting a full time dedicated "scout"

Michael

Birraz isn’t overly surprising and I’ve got no doubt the club has tried to retain him. Where are you hearing that about Miller? He has signed a senior contract through the 21-22 season.

Miller and Stens also just moved into an apartment in terrigal.
Not sure how much I believe he’ll be leaving. Never say never with this club though

Ironbark

surely only a transfer fee will see him leave?
I’d be extremely angry if he was released to “pursue other opportunities”
Birraz only has a one year contract I believe so is free to do whatever he wants at the end of the season

jacobsfl

Disappointed that Birras is moving on; we handed him a lifeline and now he thinks he's the best keeper in the country.....

turbo

Disappointed that Birras is moving on; we handed him a lifeline and now he thinks he's the best keeper in the country.....
Or we picked up a high quality keeper for a season but haven’t performed well enough to convince him to stay, which is fair enough. Lots of players will come back to the A league to restart their career but instead of being salty we need to accept it can be mutually beneficial. Unfortunately we haven’t had the rest of the squad to capitalise on Birraz fine form.

priorpeter

This ain’t it chief.
If he’s got an opportunity to go overseas, then of course he’s going to pursue it.
As much as I want him to stay, he owes us nothing.
It’s not like he’s cutting & running to another HAL club. Shit, it’s not even confirmed that he’s going anywhere.

jacobsfl

This is true. I'm just trying to work out..... why Spain?

I'm making the assumption he wants to go to Spain because he's already been offered an opportunity, but I may be wrong. I just don't see the need to move overseas and learn a new language and culture when a contract isn't guaranteed.

Seems fishy to me.

Tevor

This ain’t it chief.
If he’s got an opportunity to go overseas, then of course he’s going to pursue it.
As much as I want him to stay, he owes us nothing.
It’s not like he’s cutting & running to another HAL club. Shit, it’s not even confirmed that he’s going anywhere.
Correct, he wants to go as he loves the a European lifestyle. Wanting to go and getting the right gig are two different things. I think he is leaving his options open and CCM can be his fall back if Europe does not eventuate as he has plenty of time with our long off season. The bloke has a European back ground so wanting to play over their is not surprising.

Josho Howe

Cheers everyone for your Anton related questions. We got through a lot of them with the pod recording tonight. Anton is an interesting guy and is well worth listening to. He's a football person in a football job and that's what we need. Pod should be uploaded in the next couple days.

Thanks again to all who support the podcast, it means a lot to us.

Coast Football Ramble

Co-Chairman Anton Tagliaferro joins us in the studio for a chat.
We mull over the loss to Adelaide, take a quick look at contracted players, the stadium situation and more.

-Jimmy

new-pod-alert-2-jpg.1520

marinermick

Good job boys. Listened with my commute up to Sydney.

Not very inspiring stuff from Anton. Sounds like same old, same old. The performance on the weekend gave him some ammunition to deflect.

Also worrying how quickly he fobbed off the salary cap question at the end. Did I hear right in that it is the scholarship players that are keeping us from going below the floor?

Coastalraider

I think in a very obvious way Anton is wrong about our consistency - in the last few years, especially this year, we have consistently been let down by quality in important moments.

How many games have we 'played well' but not taken our chances due to lack of quality.

How many times have we been 'in a game' to have our lack of defensive ability expose us and lose us a game.

Id say we have been consistently proven to not have a squad able to match it with anyone in the league. The fact we are on course for another spoon backs this up.

Great interview though guys, and brave of him to front up given the circumstances.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami