• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Coast Football Ramble Podcast

Coast Football Ramble

Hey guys, I will try to have the pod up today, it was scheduled for yesterday afternoon but computer issues and my busy life got in the way.
-Jimmy.

Wombat

For me, only the volume of his voice makes me think of Foyle. Looks different, different accent, doesn't wear a hat and doesn't have Honeysuckle (yes, that really is her real first name) as his offsider. Wish he did though, she's a sort! :wub:
For me, only the volume of his voice makes me think of Foyle. Looks different, different accent, doesn't wear a hat and doesn't have Honeysuckle (yes, that really is her real first name) as his offsider. Wish he did though, she's a sort! :wub:

Yes. She is/was sexy. I think she has a drinking problem in real life.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Haven't finished it, but to be 'that guy' for a moment- P105 of the Laws of the Game:

If a defender starts holding an attacker outside the penalty area and continues
holding inside the penalty area, the referee must award a penalty kick.

Think of it like applying advantage - the bigger advantage comes from awarding the foul at the end of the hold, not the start.
The same principle also applies if you hack somebody outside the box, they stumble, referees is waiting for a possible advantage, and you hack them again in the box (though that can be tricky if the ref doesn't consider the 2nd one to be a foul, even though that might be the one that brings them down).

pjennings

Haven't finished it, but to be 'that guy' for a moment- P105 of the Laws of the Game:

If a defender starts holding an attacker outside the penalty area and continues
holding inside the penalty area, the referee must award a penalty kick.

Think of it like applying advantage - the bigger advantage comes from awarding the foul at the end of the hold, not the start.
The same principle also applies if you hack somebody outside the box, they stumble, referees is waiting for a possible advantage, and you hack them again in the box (though that can be tricky if the ref doesn't consider the 2nd one to be a foul, even though that might be the one that brings them down).

You are being that guy. ;) Fornaroli was holding Cisse off all game and was winning free kicks. The ref actually saw it this time with Fornaroli holding before Cisse had touched him. Fornaroli didn't get away with anything more after this incident either.

BTW - while p105 refers to the defender the same section earlier does not differentiate between defender and attacker. If a foul was given it should have been a free kick to us (given by the referee). The VAR couldn't rule for us as they can't adjudicate on fouls outside the area (except in the case of the defender fouling as you pointed out). .

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

You are being that guy. ;) Fornaroli was holding Cisse off all game and was winning free kicks. The ref actually saw it this time with Fornaroli holding before Cisse had touched him. Fornaroli didn't get away with anything more after this incident either.

BTW - while p105 refers to the defender the same section earlier does not differentiate between defender and attacker. If a foul was given it should have been a free kick to us (given by the referee). The VAR couldn't rule for us as they can't adjudicate on fouls outside the area (except in the case of the defender fouling as you pointed out). .
You misinterpret. I'm not in any way trying to argue that it was a penalty (I said in the match thread that I thought the non-call was a good one)- just one of the guys thought that because the holding started outside the box it couldn't be a penalty. So, just pointing out that particular part of law.

The same would apply in reverse - say a defender and attacker are running back towards the goal, and the attacker is holding off the defender for 10 yards, if you eventually give the foul you go back to the start, not the end in this instance because that's the biggest advantage to the opponent.

Forum Phoenix

Matty’s leadership and work rate - which really are stellar and in its own way crucial to rebuilding a team who has suffered from a lack of morale - VS issues with two strikers - we’re presently losing the midfield battle - and McCormack tucked in behind not up top where’s he’s hopefully more effective.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred