• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Coast Football Ramble Podcast

Coastalraider

What the hell has happened to Tommy the God? Last year he looked like one of the classiest DMs in the league, this year he is invisible? Do you think its form, tactics, injury or is he missing a strong defensive partner like Brahma to allow him to play his style?

Big Al

What the hell has happened to Tommy the God? Last year he looked like one of the classiest DMs in the league, this year he is invisible? Do you think its form, tactics, injury or is he missing a strong defensive partner like Brahma to allow him to play his style?
Also the fit of him and ONeill. Can they play together or are they the same player

Forum Phoenix

I think being asked to be physical, which is not his natural game, whilst we're being totally overwhelmed in the mids as we're absent a central midfielder(Ross adds zero) probably accounts for most of it.

*EDIT* Oh shit. Just realised I was on the Ramble thread and responded to a question for them. Carry on.

:doh::piralaugh:

Ancient Mariner

I think being asked to be physical, which is not his natural game, whilst we're being totally overwhelmed in the mids as we're absent a central midfielder(Ross adds zero) probably accounts for most of it.

*EDIT* Oh shit. Just realised I was on the Ramble thread and responded to a question for them. Carry on.

:doh::piralaugh:

Are you angling for a spot on the panel. Haha

After Rowdy taking over they are probably scared to give someone else a try out.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Excellent poddy fellas, shame you have to keep answering knocks about active support

Forum Phoenix

Excellent poddy fellas, shame you have to keep answering knocks about active support
Should just ignore them from now on I think.

No one who isn't a numpty holds people accountable for not doing a voluntary act that they don't volunteer to do themselves.

Coastalraider

I agree with everyone about not laying any blame on the boys for active support.

But one thing to note I was thinking yesterday, there is a line of thought that active support needs to be organic and cant be forced byt he club - while I agree that traditional active should be exactly this way, there are alternatives that can have crowd engagement that are club led.

My League team, the Raiders put a couple of things in place in 2016 - at the start of every home game a former Raiders legend blows a massive 'Viking Horn' which signals the start of the Viking Clap. It has turned into a signature thing for the team at home games, and a major drawcard to fringe supporters, and a great atmosphere builder. 100% run by the club and really effective.

priorpeter

It’s an absolute stitch up. We started getting a few abusive comments on the YA Facebook page, so one of the admins blocked a couple of people making the comments. Then, myself and one of the other admins started receiving messages on our personal Facebook accounts that were just flat out abusive. Even the guy who tried to take over as capo for the first 10 minutes on Sunday copped a load of shit. It’s f**king disheartening and makes me wonder why I ever bothered!
(I know it’s really not worth worrying about but shit just got me riled up.)

We’re not at home again until 1 December. Gives a bit of time to take stock, regroup, and maybe put a bit of a call to arms of sorts out. I am thinking I might be more involved for this game just to try and help get things off the ground.

Last edited:

Coast Football Ramble

This is true, I didn't really want to bring it up, but now that it has.
Yellow Army was called sexist by a couple of people with some sort of agenda.
On the contrary I think we have been the most inclusive active group in the A-league.
I blocked these couple of people as they were being completely unreasonable.
Which then turned into a four hours of threats and abuse, these were minor in nature, but still ridiculous and uncalled for.

-Jimmy

nebakke

WTF is wrong with people!? How do they get that riled up about you guys moving on, but still not find enough heat to generate some noise themselves?

Big Al

Welcome to the internet.

Every one is tough and everyone else is a target.

It’s the hardest thing to do but the internet version of walking away is silence. Stop responding and they’ll get bored.

A real person would approach you at the game and have a discussion.

Good luck with it all but the real fans know the effort put in and the wingers know as well because it’s to much for them to give it a go.

Last edited:

Forum Phoenix

It’s an absolute stitch up. We started getting a few abusive comments on the YA Facebook page, so one of the admins blocked a couple of people making the comments. Then, myself and one of the other admins started receiving messages on our personal Facebook accounts that were just flat out abusive. Even the guy who tried to take over as capo for the first 10 minutes on Sunday copped a load of shit. It’s f**king disheartening and makes me wonder why I ever bothered!
(I know it’s really not worth worrying about but shit just got me riled up.)

We’re not at home again until 1 December. Gives a bit of time to take stock, regroup, and maybe put a bit of a call to arms of sorts out. I am thinking I might be more involved for this game just to try and help get things off the ground.

Unbelievable. f**king people.

Don’t worry mate. They’re still just a tiny minority of morons.

Forum Phoenix

This is true, I didn't really want to bring it up, but now that it has.
Yellow Army was called sexist by a couple of people with some sort of agenda.
On the contrary I think we have been the most inclusive active group in the A-league.
I blocked these couple of people as they were being completely unreasonable.
Which then turned into a four hours of threats and abuse, these were minor in nature, but still ridiculous and uncalled for.

-Jimmy

Social media. Sigh.

Thanks for your efforts Jimmy.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred