• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Central Coast Stadium

style_cafe

A few further developments since my original post on this topic.
I tend to disagree with selling public assets as some greedy little grubs always seem to walk away with a lot of public money.
In this instance though, I think the benefits the Mariners give to our community warrants giving it some serious thought.

On the concept design of the stadium:
1. The northern stand should be 2 story with the roof extending to join into the existing stands.
2. The railway storage tracks should be removed to allow further expansion of the complex & relocated further down the line (maybe to Ourimbah
where the maintenance yard is proposed.
3. The scoreboards have to be much larger & be able give more information.
4. A permanent platform should be constructed for the CAPO with maybe some strategically placed hidden microphones to make our small active support louder. It would also help the CAPO if there was a radio mic just for him ie. a headset type, so he becomes more mobile.
5. With the increased seating at the northern end, space could then be created for catering (beer) for that area.
6. The eastern stand could have sun screening incorporated into the roof to add to comfort of patrons.
7. The field should be moved north by approx. 10m to allow for some seating on the southern end & the away bays could be relocated there.
(Don`t touch the palm trees)
8.The extension of the western stand would considerably improve the sun-screening of the eastern stand therefore it should become a priority.
9. The bowling club should be relocated. The facilities taken over to become the members club & the greens re-developed to become warm up
pitches.
10. The road between the club & ground should be closed to become a plaza with eateries / shops where the existing footpaths are & the main
entrance to the club is at the back.
11. All roofs should be covered with solar panels & rainwater storage increased.
12. The stage area is a great idea & all types of major concerts should be promoted as long as the pitch is preserved.

Just a few thoughts to add to the mix

Pirate Pete

Wasn't the bridge on the water front going at one stage.
Did I dream that or was it another Express Advocate pipe dream.

I agree with moving the pitch, but won't that make the stadium too small for
rugby? Not that I care, however I'm sure the management would want a few
games there during the year.

Last edited:

dibo

I doubt the bridge is going! There is a plan proposed by an architect to do a cut and cover tunnel for the road along the broadwater to remove the physical barrier between the park and the water, but it surfaces just near Dane Drive and the bridge remains.

Ideally, it'd go straight across to the other side (and similarly ideally, the railway line would also be buried. But we might as well ask for Mann St to be gold plated because it'd cost a bomb and is never going to happen.

pjennings

Wasn't the bridge on the water front going at one stage.
Did I dream that or was it another Express Advocate pipe dream.

I agree with moving the pitch, but won't that make the stadium too small for
rugby? Not that I care, however I'm sure the management would want a few
games there during the year.

There was talk or 'pipedreams' of tunnelling under the Brisbane Water from West Gosford and connecting back to the Entrance Rd past the pool.

Last edited:

nebakke

Wasn't that the thing that was presented a couple of months ago as "This is what we'd do if we had money come out the wazoo" option?
Tunneling under from the bend near the pool to connect at the landing point of the bridge, to free up all of that land... I remember the discussion going on ABC but I may have misunderstood the intentions.
I thought they were saying that by doing that, they'd maybe reclaim a whole lot of the land that is currently road, including the parking area, create some smaller parks and develop the entire flat area, including what is currently under the bridge, into a major precinct with entertainment, a park area and, more than likely some ridiculously expensive high-rise appartments (although I think that last one was skirted over quickly).

dibo

Wasn't that the thing that was presented a couple of months ago as "This is what we'd do if we had money come out the wazoo" option?
Tunneling under from the bend near the pool to connect at the landing point of the bridge, to free up all of that land... I remember the discussion going on ABC but I may have misunderstood the intentions.
I thought they were saying that by doing that, they'd maybe reclaim a whole lot of the land that is currently road, including the parking area, create some smaller parks and develop the entire flat area, including what is currently under the bridge, into a major precinct with entertainment, a park area and, more than likely some ridiculously expensive high-rise appartments (although I think that last one was skirted over quickly).
The plan was discussed in the local rag: http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...orld-class-masterplan-for-gosford-waterfront/

The architect's site has more detail: http://www.adgarchitects.com.au/latestnews?tag=Anthony Kelly

FINAL+Gosford+Waterfront+Masterplan

There's no mention of apartment blocks, and there's nowhere to put apartments anyway.

dibo

'twas probably just the suggestion of someone on the radio then :) All the better for it...

Cheers :)
Was probably someone who doesn't quite grasp that this sort of thing doesn't happen for a sleepy village (which is basically what Gosford is now) but rather has to be driven by a growing city.

sydmariner

A few further developments since my original post on this topic.
I tend to disagree with selling public assets as some greedy little grubs always seem to walk away with a lot of public money.
In this instance though, I think the benefits the Mariners give to our community warrants giving it some serious thought.

On the concept design of the stadium:
1. The northern stand should be 2 story with the roof extending to join into the existing stands.
2. The railway storage tracks should be removed to allow further expansion of the complex & relocated further down the line (maybe to Ourimbah
where the maintenance yard is proposed.
3. The scoreboards have to be much larger & be able give more information.
4. A permanent platform should be constructed for the CAPO with maybe some strategically placed hidden microphones to make our small active support louder. It would also help the CAPO if there was a radio mic just for him ie. a headset type, so he becomes more mobile.
5. With the increased seating at the northern end, space could then be created for catering (beer) for that area.
6. The eastern stand could have sun screening incorporated into the roof to add to comfort of patrons.
7. The field should be moved north by approx. 10m to allow for some seating on the southern end & the away bays could be relocated there.
(Don`t touch the palm trees)
8.The extension of the western stand would considerably improve the sun-screening of the eastern stand therefore it should become a priority.
9. The bowling club should be relocated. The facilities taken over to become the members club & the greens re-developed to become warm up
pitches.
10. The road between the club & ground should be closed to become a plaza with eateries / shops where the existing footpaths are & the main
entrance to the club is at the back.
11. All roofs should be covered with solar panels & rainwater storage increased.
12. The stage area is a great idea & all types of major concerts should be promoted as long as the pitch is preserved.

Just a few thoughts to add to the mix
:goodpost:

Big Al

I agree BBQ sauce is not necessary! You won't get any in my house.

Sydney has bridge climb, we could have sauce bottle climb

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred