• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Central Coast Stadium

Rowdy

A 'CATALYST' !! if ever there was to be one, for the long term future of the Mariners.

nebakke

A 'CATALYST' !! if ever there was to be one, for the long term future of the Mariners.

Despite my democratic reservations, this - if anything - is perhaps a good reason for the council to give it some serious consideration... A stadium deal would ultimately tie the Mariners to the coast... It removes some of the underlying uncertainty which - justifiably or not - has been there for the last couple of years.
With the knowledge that the team is genuinely locked in on the coast, you would think it would open up some opportunities for investment and growth with people and organisations that might have been sitting on the fence.

VicMariner

If MC was wanting to move the team away from the coast he wouldn't be after this.
Maybe we can put that worry to bed now?

nebakke

If MC was wanting to move the team away from the coast he wouldn't be after this.
Maybe we can put that worry to bed now?

That's my point :) I'm quitely suspicious that this has been included in his calculations as well... Best case scenario presumably is either buying the stadium or getting a long-term lease (I'm not sure which would actually be preferable to him)... Worst case scenario, he sends a signal to the fans and to the council, that he's keen to deal and genuinely wants us staying on the coast - that last one gets sent either way.

dibo

That's not worst case scenario. Worst case scenario is he gets knocked back and says "well, the Central Coast clearly doesn't want us, so..."

Big Al

Best part is that article says an actual offer has been made. Previously no offer was made just the idea.

Maybe the council administration asked for a figure so they could do the calculations which is good because that means they haven't rejected the idea

style_cafe

So how much would a stadium like that be worth?
If MC did buy it what would stop him from demolishing it, erecting multiple high rise unit blocks, then using the profit to build another stadium closer to Tuggerah?
On the other hand Council could use the money to knock down that shitty wall of trees (non natives) that blocks the beautiful waterway at the gateway to the city.

Wombat

So how much would a stadium like that be worth?
If MC did buy it what would stop him from demolishing it, erecting multiple high rise unit blocks, then using the profit to build another stadium closer to Tuggerah?
On the other hand Council could use the money to knock down that shitty wall of trees (non natives) that blocks the beautiful waterway at the gateway to the city.

The Palms trees look fantastic! Gum trees (native) on the otherhand are a f**king blight.
I presume you are being facetious as usual.
I laughed when they built the stadium and left the waterview open.
Now when i sit there drinking beer with a few mates, watching the Mighty Mariners on a sunny afternoon, enjoying the best view of any Football stadium in Australia.................i salute our town planners and praise God how lucky I am. My nearest team as a kid was Luton, which a nuke is to good for and the joys of Elland Rd on a Sat were sure to toughen your soul.

CCS rocks.......f**k Tuggerah.

VicMariner

The Palms trees look fantastic! Gum trees (native) on the otherhand are a f**king blight.
Now when i sit there drinking beer with a few mates, watching the Mighty Mariners on a sunny afternoon, enjoying the best view of any Football stadium in Australia.................i salute our town planners and praise God how lucky I am. My nearest team as a kid was Luton, which a nuke is to good for and the joys of Elland Rd on a Sat were sure to toughen your soul.

Ha! My mechanic is a massive Luton Town fan. Everytime I go there we forget the car and just talk football.....

style_cafe

I wasn`t referring to the palm trees, I was thinking about the other side of the McGowan bridge.(on the left as you head up towards Kariong)
The fact is, that very few people know it`s there, because it`s blocked buy a wall of Camphor laurels.
Open it up with walkways through the mangroves & wharves with eateries etc. & it would be sensational.

I agree though that the palms trees are "sacred".

Gratis

Speculation Continues Over Mariners’ Plans For Central Coast Stadium
CC Mariners negotiating with Council on stadium?
DECEMBER 1, 2016

Mystery surrounds any future involvement of the Central Coast Mariners Football Club in the running of Gosford’s Central Coast Stadium.

The Central Coast Mariners have said that all questions about proposals relating to the stadium should be directed to Council. In a media statement, Central Coast Council said: “Council continues to be bewildered by rumours that a proposal has been presented to Council from the Mariners with regards to the potential purchase of Central Coast Stadium.

“As late as last Friday (November 25), Council met with the Central Coast Mariners around their future vision for their development at Tuggerah, and again at no time during those discussions did the Mainers put forward any proposal,” the statement said. Despite Council’s denials, Coast Community News understands that discussions have taken place between Mariners’ senior management and Council about making improvements to stadium infrastructure based on a long-term management agreement.

http://coastcommunitynews.com.au/2016/12/speculation-continues-mariners-plans-central-coast-stadium/

Timmah

Speculation Continues Over Mariners’ Plans For Central Coast Stadium
CC Mariners negotiating with Council on stadium?
DECEMBER 1, 2016

Mystery surrounds any future involvement of the Central Coast Mariners Football Club in the running of Gosford’s Central Coast Stadium.

The Central Coast Mariners have said that all questions about proposals relating to the stadium should be directed to Council. In a media statement, Central Coast Council said: “Council continues to be bewildered by rumours that a proposal has been presented to Council from the Mariners with regards to the potential purchase of Central Coast Stadium.

“As late as last Friday (November 25), Council met with the Central Coast Mariners around their future vision for their development at Tuggerah, and again at no time during those discussions did the Mainers put forward any proposal,” the statement said. Despite Council’s denials, Coast Community News understands that discussions have taken place between Mariners’ senior management and Council about making improvements to stadium infrastructure based on a long-term management agreement.

http://coastcommunitynews.com.au/2016/12/speculation-continues-mariners-plans-central-coast-stadium/
Isn't this the little community newspaper that mostly prints media releases etc?

Either way, Council is probably bewildered by purchase rumours because that's not the realistic ending to this. The last sentence is the key part, the rest is filler to attract readers to go "oooh"

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred