Central Coast Stadium

Discussion in 'Central Coast Mariners FC' started by pjennings, Oct 2, 2016.

1. JoyfulPenguin

JoyfulPenguin Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  2. Big Al

Big Al Well-Known Member

News tonight saying Glayds is going to reverse the amalgamations and those already amalgamated will get a plebiscite.

To be announced probably next week.

So we could go back to Wyong and Gosford or I presume if it stays then the ward ruling could be changed?

About to get messy.

Might just have to write our letters to everyone living on the coast to cover our butts

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  3. JoyfulPenguin

JoyfulPenguin Well-Known Member

PFA (They ask selected players to rate) Rated the stadium out of five for our game against Perth Glory:
    Pace: 4.0
    Hardness: 3.5
    Smoothness: 4.5
    Atmosphere: 2.5

4. FFC Mariner

FFC Mariner Well-Known Member

You wouldn't be holding your breath for the current crop of ultra hard right to get anything done properly

Takes them 10 hours to set up a contraflow on the M1 ffs.

Chinless spineless and hopeless.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Pirate Pete

Pirate Pete Well-Known Member

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/plebiscit...-council-merger-backlash-20170201-gu3a7u.html

Plebiscite for those not merged, but it says unclear on what will happen to those already merged.
    Caretaker mode for a while longer it seems.
    Although the current mob are willing to sell the Land Registry and lose us billions. Maybe flogging off a hardly used, in need of repair
    football stadium could be on the cards.
    http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/leaked-ns...title-registry-operators-20170201-gu2wed.html

We should have a whip around for a few bottles of Grange.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Big Al

Big Al Well-Known Member

Think you've read that wrong re: plebiscite i read it as for councils like ours. Obviously still yet to be announced
    As per article

It is unclear what would happen to councils that have been merged, but if the government did not allow residents in those areas to vote on the future of their councils, there would be a certain strong backlash from MPs and residents. Plebiscites are likely.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Pirate Pete

Well you wrote that the amalgamations were to be reversed and those already amalgamated will get a plebiscite.
    I can't seem to find anywhere it says they'll be reversed.
    All I can find is that it's unclear as it says in the article as I pointed out.
    As you write later in your post "yet to be announced".
    Today after a cabinet meeting apparently.
    He said he expected the NSW government would make an announcement on council amalgamations today, after cabinet meets for the first time since Berejiklian succeeded Mike Baird as premier last week.

https://www.theguardian.com/austral...ll-not-push-ahead-with-forced-council-mergers

Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  8. style_cafe

style_cafe Well-Known Member

Unify the central coast with one council, then fill the elected representatives with progressive minded independents (that are all Mariner`s fans)

• Like Like x 3
  9. dibo

dibo Well-Known Member

I don't think splitting the Central Coast Council is a solution to any particular problem. Given that the merger was done and dusted ages ago, they should've just had an election in September (ditto for Inner West Council where I live, and a bunch of other merged councils).

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Pirate Pete

Yes, I agree. At the moment it appears to a lot of people the Central Coast Council is just being run by State government puppets.
    Still I've had my road resurfaced after 10 years of writing letters.[​IMG]

I seem to remember reading somewhere that the stadium takes up a huge amount of money percentage wise of the councils
    budget for sports fields. If that's the case I would have thought off loading it in a long term deal would have been good business.

• Like Like x 1
  11. dibo

dibo Well-Known Member

Send off the management rights and Council can spend the parks budget on parks. But ownership should remain with Council and have clearly defined break-points in the licence in case the club goes haywire, etc.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Timmah

Timmah Well-Known Member

We get it @dibo, you don't like public infrastructure transferred into private hands :p:p

13. dibo

dibo Well-Known Member

Do you?

14. true believer

true believer Well-Known Member

I think a long lease with the local
    Area retaining owner ship of the staduim
    Would be good and suit mikes plan .

Having a few of our own canidates on the Council wouldn't bad.

Mayor middy would do us well
    Maybe throw in conciller wombat in charge of adding teasers to the away seats ( just for scum and bling games )

• Like Like x 2
  15. FFC Mariner

That asset was paid for with public money and mustn't be "given" to anyone.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Timmah

Timmah Well-Known Member

I never said it should, but well done for reading between lines that weren't there. I was merely making light of dibo repeating the same thing ad nauseum.

17. FFC Mariner

Seems to have worked, you now remember

18. midfielder

midfielder Well-Known Member

Great choice and corruption free ... all council accounting, bookkeeping, payroll and taxation issues to be out sourced to Peninsular Accounting...

The Bat's East Gosford establishment to be used for management stress and health issues...

• Funny Funny x 4
  19. Timmah

Timmah Well-Known Member

Now remember what?

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Pirate Pete

There's a state byelection coming up in Gosford now.
    Maybe those in that constituency could ask some questions about the candidates thoughts on Stadium matters.

• Like Like x 1