• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Central Coast Mariners V Melbourne Victory

Ozhammer

Watching that performance this evening, it struck me how seldom we have any player finding space between the lines in attack. Also, our movement off the ball in the front and middle thirds is pretty poor, both of which probably go a long way to explaining why we struggle to control games and play fluid football.

turbo

No way.
We dominated large spells and were more than good enough for our point. Reasonable to have hoped for 3.

Hall blunders uncharacteristically.
Our Pen overlooked.
We scored from open play after 20 minutes of total dominance,
They were unlucky not to have more goals earlier in the game. Was only down to Birraz being so solid they didn’t. I feel like they let us into the game as we’ve been guilty of at times rather than us doing anything massively better for a large chunk of the game. What I will say is we did enough to hang in there and be able to equalise and that’s important. I definitely don’t think we deserved the 3 points but I wouldn’t say no if we snatched them.

Big Al

Hally that was horrid. I hate how the simple things in defending get ignored. You don’t go back to goal in that situation. That eliminates the possibility of that mistake. Absolutely horrible but you get that with young players and he’s still been playing fantastic this season.

definitely a pen on Marco. Exactly the same thing happened in the Perth game on Weekend. AU defender did exactly same in the back and guess what it was a penalty.

Our attack is lifeless and Marco and Cummings don’t have that esp that great combo’s have. They are constantly in each other’s way and when they try to link it just messes up.

Much better fight and i can understand not going for the win because we needed to protect the point after fluffing our lines recently in the last few minutes but I would have liked us to show more urgency.

How good was Chopper Nizbet. Definitely MOM

pjennings

Haven't watched the replay - but we looked good for the first 15 min. However, during that time the Melbourne players and fouled and dived and mouthed off at the ref. Popovic was almost in Monty's box while berated the 4th. Soon after that Miller (from my point of view) got the ball and missed the player on both card / not card incidents but the ref was influenced by the previous complaints.

Urena's pen looked fairly much a spot kick. I'm sure it would have been given against us.

Back to Marco - yes it was not a great performance. We are missing a target man - Jason and Marco are not that. Our crosses find no-one. Alou and Matty filled that role last year but we have no-one now.

Maybe drop Marco back to the midfield?

P.S. Nizz getting back to his best is good to see.

Last edited:

Big Al

Were you at the game Ancient? Cy was dreadful. Slow. No ambition. Offers almost nothing to our attack and gave the ball away 4 times in the first half.

The one player I’m sure is not up to this level,
I was with Ancient (on tv) and early he appeared to be having his best game and with Niz back in DM the ability of the two meant we kept the ball well and the link up was better but it faded over the game.

I don’t like Cy either and think he’s weak and that made me notice he was doing better. He wasn’t awesome don’t get me wrong but was decent.

I don’t doubt he would have killed some posessions that what he does but it wasn’t as noticeable.

I am sure at the game it was more evident

true believer

I’m sorry, Urena out for me.
His standing still off the ball is frustrating.
Ball in the air? Not interested.

Only if it’s a direct run on through ball is he acting as enthusiastic player.

I appreciate his skill, but Moreshe and Teskenis alongside Cummings for me.

So many lost balls or dispossessed for the very few moments of brilliance.
Not good enough.
marko was poor today .i think nizzy needs to be behind cummings .
and marko on the bench for a game

Ancient Mariner

Watching that performance this evening, it struck me how seldom we have any player finding space between the lines in attack. Also, our movement off the ball in the front and middle thirds is pretty poor, both of which probably go a long way to explaining why we struggle to control games and play fluid football.
Exactly this.
Which is why we need to find someone who can effectively play as a #10/AM provider. I have listed players I think have the ability. Just do it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred