• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Central Coast Mariners Squad 2021/22

Kripple

Listening to Monty it sounds like the players to come in will be from the NPL. He said he believes there are options there better than players trying to return from OS. With his experience coaching against these teams I think he knows who will fit his plans. Problem is getting them in to trial in the current lockdiwn.

marinermick

Listening to Monty it sounds like the players to come in will be from the NPL. He said he believes there are options there better than players trying to return from OS. With his experience coaching against these teams I think he knows who will fit his plans. Problem is getting them in to trial in the current lockdiwn.

I know a midfielder that was carving the NPL with Manly just before Covid hit. Can play 10, 7 or 11.

Forum Phoenix

N
Unpopular opinion here but I don't feel too confident playing RT in defensive midfield. He has had one really really good year. Let him do it again in the same position and don't put more pressure on the guy.

It would be tragic if Niz missed his chance to play in the middle with Oil then have Ballard coming off the bench. Those two in the middle would be super mobile, both able to play as more traditional box to box midfielders.

IMO we need one more striker, one wide player who can cross a ball and a right back.
Not unpopular with me. Agreed on all counts, for mine it’s Nizs spot to lose - more that I see Hall and Tongyik as serious potential for back up - so we don’t have a gaping hole left by losing Stens - at least as much as we might have

Last edited:

turbo

N

Not unpopular with me. Agreed on all counts, for mine it’s Nizs spot to lose - more that I see Hall and Tongyik as serious potential for back up - so we don’t have a gaping hole left by losing Stens at least.
The idea of making changes like Tongyik to DM in our starting line up is the kind of thing we had been conditioned to accept or like due to how bare the cupboard was for years. Fine for an FFA cup game if we havent got everyone on board or trial mid season if injury forces experimentation but cant be the starting play if we want to be successful.

Michael

I’m shocked at how little coverage this is getting. And how sudden it is.
Gianni was an absolute beast for us, I’m very happy for him as it’s well deserved and a good first up euro league to crack.
I hope we got decent coin for him, it’s a f**king massive loss.

Forum Phoenix

The idea of making changes like Tongyik to DM in our starting line up is the kind of thing we had been conditioned to accept or like due to how bare the cupboard was for years. Fine for an FFA cup game if we havent got everyone on board or trial mid season if injury forces experimentation but cant be the starting play if we want to be successful.
Presuming we play two holding mids, I’m only suggesting beyond what is an obvious stater in Niz, isss C we do have additional cover in a pinch as you say.

That said from what I’ve seen of Hall in a few areas he has better attributes than Stens and could even be a revelation. But I honestly think Niz is one of the best in the league. He shit down some big players last year and did sone fantastic work in controlling the ball and helping build attacks,

Corsair

Presuming we play two holding mids, I’m only suggesting beyond what is an obvious stater in Niz, isss C we do have additional cover in a pinch as you say.

That said from what I’ve seen of Hall in a few areas he has better attributes than Stens and could even be a revelation. But I honestly think Niz is one of the best in the league. He shit down some big players last year and did sone fantastic work in controlling the ball and helping build attacks,
I think he'll play well with Muller. He's a go forward player always looking to attack.

Inklings that Monty is building an attacking passing side.

Michael

I’m sorry I still can’t believe this isn’t getting more attention.
@Shaun Mielekamp can we please have an update on how gianni’s move came about? I know you can’t say exact figures but was it decent? Sell on %’s? Was it on the cards before the Olympics?
it’s such a good move for him. And Jing Reec too, I’m sad we didn’t see more of him in the senior side.

Michael

I also see hall as a potential DM. But gianni’s move is hugely positive for Nizzy. I would like us to sign a good senior DM to replace Stens though

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred