• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Central Coast Mariners Squad 2021/22

Big Al

Sometimes Stens’ passing was truly sublime, but he did f**k up the simple ones a few times a game. I don’t think he was the worst passer, Nigro gets that for me.
Nigro wasn’t great but he wasn’t putting them over the sidelines with no pressure on him and the receiver also unmarked and missing by 5 meters.

booney

Sorry to see Stens go.He thrived when Bozanic came -he could concentrate on ball winning and letting Ollie do the passing.Also I felt his passing improved last season ( previously was dire) so credit to him for working on that facet of his game.The mighty Jedinak was also on a average passer but he and Stens are ball winners,not creators.

turbo

Monty rates Ballard very highly, so he would be a candidate to step in to one of the 6 roles I reckon. That’s assuming Gianni leaves and we don’t recruit a replacement for him.
I’m all for promoting from within but I think we should be recruiting an established DM rather than grooming one as a starting player. The only player I’d put there at the moment would be Nisbet, Anything less than that is setting us up for a bad time.

scottmac

Suspended
Nisbet would have to be a lock to take that place if Stens goes. However I can see Ruon stepping into that role. Would be a beast in the midfield.

midfielder

10 weeks or thereabouts to season start...

WE have lost 4 four starting players and at least two quality sub's...

Replaced with a kid with potential and an older player trying to find form from previous years.

All with a coach who has had no first team coaching experience.... but has had success at youth level.

I can't think of any coach in the A-l would was a success coming essentially from the youth team, I can
think of a number that have failed.

Hoping for some more news on signings

Ozhammer

I take a slightly different view Middy. We haven’t lost Gianni yet and DDS has been replaced by a German international. Clisby, who was a serviceable player has been replaced by someone I believe to be a red hot prospect and Nigro, who was again a serviceable player will be replaced by two promising youth players in Miller/Hall.

Not disputing that we need more signings but I would far rather they were considered ones, even if that means being patient in order to net the right individuals.

Nothing the club has done so far has caused me any concerns personally and I have faith that the right processes are being followed behind the scenes, so we all need to believe that Ken and Monty can put a competitive roster together.

Insertnamehere

10 weeks or thereabouts to season start...

WE have lost 4 four starting players and at least two quality sub's...

Replaced with a kid with potential and an older player trying to find form from previous years.

All with a coach who has had no first team coaching experience.... but has had success at youth level.

I can't think of any coach in the A-l would was a success coming essentially from the youth team, I can
think of a number that have failed.

Hoping for some more news on signings
Is your expectation for the season to come 3rd?

I'd take not spoon and above jest. Finals again would be ideal.
I take a slightly different view Middy. We haven’t lost Gianni yet and DDS has been replaced by a German international. Clisby, who was a serviceable player has been replaced by someone I believe to be a red hot prospect and Nigro, who was again a serviceable player will be replaced by two promising youth players in Miller/Hall.

Not disputing that we need more signings but I would far rather they were considered ones, even if that means being patient in order to net the right individuals.

Nothing the club has done so far has caused me any concerns personally and I have faith that the right processes are being followed behind the scenes, so we all need to believe that Ken and Monty can put a competitive roster together.
And to add, if we can get a minimum of 4 weeks into any new signings that gives us 6 weeks to work on the right ones.

Forum Phoenix

Nothing the club has done so far has caused me any concerns personally and I have faith that the right processes are being followed behind the scenes, so we all need to believe that Ken and Monty can put a competivive roster together.
Thoroughly agree. For mine you’ve got the glass very half empty on this one middy. Retaining the core spine of a successful team and not being gutted is a massive win for us.

I’m more positive about our roster now than I was last year. Stens is a loss, but exactly like Nigro was a player we can afford to lose given our squad and the injection of cash will only help. Clisby needed to be replaced and has with a player who looks more promising. DDS was the biggest loss I thought, but in Muller I think we have a better goal scoring creative mid - we just need him fit so he can work.

The players I was most worried about losing, Birra, Marcos… (seemingly Ruon) and Kye we have kept.

We need some more attacking width but anything else is a bonus from here on in as far as I’m concerned.

Last edited:

Wombat

We have let go or lost 8 players.

Janota.......not replaced.
Koul.......not replaced.
DDS....replaced with Muller.
Stensness.....not replaced (too soon)
Clisby......replaced with Smith.
Nigro.....not replaced.
Casella.....not replaced.
Pearce.......not replaced.

We definately have some work to do.

Corsair

Jing Reec gone as well, who only played a match or 2 but looked the goods. Now signed in Denmark.

And what's the go with Bouman?

Insertnamehere

Koul.......not replaced.
Nigro.....not replaced.

Nigro -> Miller
Casella -> Hatch/Smylie

style_cafe

Thoroughly agree. For mine you’ve got the glass very half empty on this one middy. Retaining the core spine of a successful team and not being gutted is a massive win for us.

I’m more positive about our roster now than I was last year. Stens is a loss, but exactly like Nigro was a player we can afford to lose given our squad and the injection of cash will only help. Clisby needed to be replaced and has with a player who looks more promising. DDS was the biggest loss I thought, but in Muller I think we have a better goal scoring creative mid - we just need him fit so he can work.

The players I was most worried about losing, Birra, Marcos… (seemingly Ruon) and Kye we have kept.

We need some more attacking width but anything else is a bonus from here on in as far as I’m concerned.
I’d be more optimistic if I had an assurance that the transfer fee for Stensness was going to be reinvested in the team itself…:popcorn:

true believer

Koul.......not replaced.
Nigro.....not replaced.

stens is what concerns me . his physicality at DM was a big part of our game
and a large part of our success . this is the position we need to cover and that player needs to be a real bastard . roun probably can do that job . hall has the footwork but i don't know if he can bully other midfielders, like stens has done for us .
this needs to be our priority . followed by a striker with pace

pjennings

Luke Devere is a free agent. If he has fully recovered his knee injury then he could play with Kye at CB and push Ruon into the gap left by Stens (if he does actually go)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred