• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Central Coast Mariners sign Ahmad Elrich

Omni

midfielder said:
On the MacAllister signing.

My memoary from the NS was he was a big blonde fast surfie type, not that different to Matty, a little shorter very strong big chest, quick, got into great positions...........but could not hit the side of a barn.............bit like a Danny Allsop type of player. Hopefully Europe has refinded his skills.

Any one from NS recall, what he was like as a player

At least Danny Alsopp has an A-League goal or 22 which is more than I can say for some.

midfielder

Ommi

Just saying my recollection was of a very quick, very strong, guy that got in excellent position but kept missing ...........a bit like Alsopp of Hal 1 & 3 (maybe), not like Alsopp of Hal 2 or should I say not like Alsopp of Fred 1.

S

striker

skilbeck said:
shut up about Kalac or there might be a rumor linking him to us on 442 ot in the terror :p
stop dreaming - farken - Kalac probably  gets more money than the entire yearly pay budget at CCM

promdi442

Re: Central Coast Mariners sign Ahmad Elrich
Reply #79 on: March 11, 2008, 08:29:43 PM Quote  Midfielder

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On the MacAllister signing.

My memory from the NS was he was a big blonde fast surfie type, not that different to Matty, a little shorter very strong big chest, quick, got into great positions...........but could not hit the side of a barn.............bit like a Danny Allsop type of player. Hopefully Europe has refinded his skills.

Well . . . .

a big blonde fast surfie type, not that different to Matty, a little shorter very strong big chest, quick, got into great positions...........but could not hit the side of a barn.............

you're right . . .  NOT THAT DIFFERENT TO MATTY . . .

promdi442

midfielder said:
Promdi442

There is a difference, Matt is taller, his hair is not as long, Matty has smaller frame.

But in the area where it all counts THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE. It was you who said . . .

. . . "but could not hit the side of a barn".............

and that obviously applies to both.

Don

on the signing of ahmed elrich,hope they start training him soon,have seen him in the last couple of weeks all of those times eating macdonalds,think he needs to see jenny craig otherwise his not going to be able to run anywhere!!!

FFC Mariner

Word out of UK was that he "wasnt the best trainer". He also couldnt get fit at the Phoenix so it will be v interesting to watch Clarkie putting him through the wringer.

Rowdy

The Mariners have a well known "no dickhead policy".

They also are well known for being one of the fittest teams in the HAL, consistently over the 3 years.

So Clarkey's policy of "GET FIT! or DIE",(Die on the bench wondering that is), will surely rectify any of Elrich's thoughts of entering the Biggest Loser's house for a stint of reality TV.

skilbeck

I reckon he signed a pre-contract with the mariners before he signed for the nix because of that rumor linking him to us. The only person he had to impress last season was Lawrie and he did in that one game against us.

Don

oh well if he continues to eat at macca's hope his eating the new healthy menu(if they do have one??)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred