• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCM vs Western United round 7 (home)

finally retired

Went home and watched the replay I was so pumped. WU played the press well and clearly stifled us as we were rightly a bit flat with 3 games in 7 days. It was down right trench warfare for the first 25 mins of the second half then the high press game gassed them and our subs made a huge difference and were better than their subs.
how long has it been since we have been able to say that ????????
that speaks volumes for me.

ccf

I think our visa players bring a lot to our team and as others have said when they are match fit we will have a big headache on our hands. I also have noticed (Wednesday when they were subs and Sunday when Janota was a sub) that they are always talking to the boys on the field and giving them advice. Janota at one point in a break in play was talking to Nizzy on sideline and giving him some info. To me that is showing they are already a big part of the team spirit.

Ironbark

The beauty of having selection headaches is we get 5 subs these days and will need rotation across the season overall. I'm happy that we have the players not just to equal each other coming off and on but they actually bring different sets of strengths onto the park.
Best of all they know their jobs and play for each other.

Forum Phoenix

Still buzzing.

Agree, we were sloppy for an hour. Our midfield struggled without Niz and Janota wasn't great.

Yet again, bring on Kuol and everything changes. Not tying the boy down to a longer contract could bite us in the arse. If I'm Sydney or Victory I'm on the phone to his agent today.

Scholarship simply isn't good enough and our biggest potential earner since Ryan could possibly walk when it's up.

CCM you have 1 job
This needs to be in the CCM fans thread for Shaun.

Forum Phoenix

Nizz stripping Diamanti was fantastic to see. The kid does not give a single shit who he’s up against.
My favourite moment besides the three goals.

Janota is clearly quality but he's not fit yet. It always shows when you're tired. Passes mishit, decision making slows, tread on the ball etc. There's been debate this week about who gives way. Imho Nizz gets to keep a spot that he never did anything to lose until Janota truly takes it from him.

We're winning on energy and work rate as much or more than anything else at present. So I think Nizz starts over Janota until he can match it. Casella did nothing overtly flash last night but his energy was exactly what we needed.

Forum Phoenix

If you have Rowles and Clisby on the left side of your back 4 you have to kind of expect it tbh.
True enough. This is how most of our conceded goals are coming. TBF to Clisby, because I've been one of his harder critics, he's put in 3 massive shifts and has to have been feeling it so I felty sorry for him when he had a 5m lead on Imai, and was then trounced and fell over for the second goal.

Whenever Clisby is beaten I've noticed Rowles struggles with the judgement call of whether to go and close down, try to cut out the passing lane or stay. And hasn't been getting it right. Can't afford to hesitate, Whereas Ruon has been impeccable at this. Rowles could probably do with Ruon in his ear on these occasions. But in all other aspects for mine Rowles has been excellent.

I don't think Clisby isn't going to beaten regularly, and teams clearly target him, so how they cover when he's beaten seems an important fix to make. Nigro recovers better than Clisby and Ruon covers better for him when he f**ks up.

Last edited:

Forum Phoenix

Maybe it's Janota being tired as most are suggesting, but it seems to me like he gets away with an average/slow first touch by being decent once he has control. Doesn't look like he's got a handle on the pace of the league.

Yeah maybe. I do think the pace of our league is higher than many think. And he also hasn't played a lot of football in the past year and a lot of the Visa players do take time to adjust. Once he has and he's super fit, who knows, could tear the league up a bit I think.

style_cafe

My favourite moment besides the three goals.
Sensational night of football with many special moments but for mine the single most special moment other than the 3 goals was hearing bay 16 come alive again.
It was just magic to hear "Yellow Army. Yellow Army"
I don`t think people realise how much atmosphere it brought to the game and I`m sure the players lifted from that point on.
Well done to all involved ... :popcorn: :thumbup:

Tevor

Sensational night of football with many special moments but for mine the single most special moment other than the 3 goals was hearing bay 16 come alive again.
I don`t think people realise how much atmosphere it brought to the game and I`m sure the players lifted from that point on.
Yeah you could feel the buzz in the air, it’s been ages but boy it was good and can only get better.

true believer

that was awesome . if we can hold our form and covid restrictions continue to wind back.
maybe 8k crowds oh my

Ancient Mariner

Finally got around to watching the replay. Still not overly happy with the ref. It was good that he let the play run , however I thought he let too many fouls go that should have been pulled up, which led to some bad feeling towards the end. He was good ignoring the over acting. It suited us and we definitely got the rub of the green. However he is on his own in this style in the A-league. There has to be some cosistency. If all refs ruled this way then there would be no problem.
I am watching SFC v Welly at the moment and Beath is blowing the pea out of his whistle at every opportunity. This game is not flowing.
The problem is that we may get Beath for our next game and the players are going to have to adjust.
If you have to adjust the way you play depending on who is officiating it is just crap.

style_cafe

All their food his complete shit.
They cannot get organised to pour drinks, take forever, then massive queues. Amateur hour. Just not good enough.
Hopefully when the Club gets management rights things will improve.
Mariner`s catering to take over,Wombat can be beer manager, FP in charge of the prawn sandwiches, Recky pie manager,I`ll look after the sausage on a roll`s, Middy the money man, Pinklady in charge of the corporate boxes, Bikini Girl can be the overseer....:cheers:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami