• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCM vs Macarthur Bulls MW11 - Pink Round

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Last year I wasn’t convinced he was A league quality, not a slight in him, just looked like a guy trying lots of different things every week hoping something would work. I didn’t see the bedding if a structure for example last year that is now being executed, which is part of why it’s such a shock we went from the worst to the best team in the comp in a single off season.

Well played Staj, well played.

Yeah, I was getting a bit concerned that perhaps the Matildas experience somehow wasn't going to translate across to being our coach - whether it's the differences between women's international and men's domestic football, the club environment, etc....seems like it was more the whole raft of issues of coming in at that point and not having the opportunity to set up properly. It's just amazing to see what he's achieved here.

Since we raiding teams and Whooping them , I recommend this personal favourite
I'll never say no to some good ol' Alestorm - never watched their clips though, this is golden!

YanknearCapeCod

why do you think that capecod ? i certainly expect to win .
these guys are certainly aren't the second best team in the A-league .
i do believe it's a game we need to win . to rebuild fortress gosford .

hay dude do you have a mariners shirt ?
Almost halfway thru the season, against 2nd place contenders(pretenders). A dominant win widens the gap and gives notice that it's a long way to catch them.

Corsair

Nigro will have problems with Glory's left winger,Ota,on Sunday who looks like the best winger in the A-league.He is fast,skilful and can put in a very good cross.Nigro will need lots of help from Bouman,Janota and Nisbet otherwise Fornaroli and Keogh will be putting a lot of pressure on Tongyik and Rowles.
I reckon Perth are the best team we've played this season. Have to take Castro out of the game.

bikinigirl

I thought Beath did a decent job - he didnt influence the game's result and a lot of the time you didnt know he was there. I cant think of an obviously bad decision

. considering our recent experiences ... i think it is saying something when the most memorable ref decision for me was when he blew for a free-kick too quickly when playing on would have suited us better

Ads

Nigro will have problems with Glory's left winger,Ota,on Sunday who looks like the best winger in the A-league.He is fast,skilful and can put in a very good cross.Nigro will need lots of help from Bouman,Janota and Nisbet otherwise Fornaroli and Keogh will be putting a lot of pressure on Tongyik and Rowles.

As mentioned in another comment here if Stens is back, Nisbit moves in front of Nigro to provide a kind of double defence!

Which gives both Nigro and Nisbit more freedom to play of each other and confidence moving the ball more slowly up the pitch.

Our structure and confidence with the ball will be amazing once Stens is back as the team knows as well we have won games without Stens, without Niz and even 1 without Olli.

So once they are all back hopefully we will have more ball and more attacking chances than ever before.

onto it

Just going to put it out there.

We are all amazed at the improvement in our squad. ....

But I think the biggest improvement is in Staj. Not what he has done with the players, but what he has done to himself.

I think Staj had something strange going on last year with a 4222, which didn't work with the squad we had, and made it very difficult for some players, who were loaded with the bulk of the work (Clisby, Stenz for a start...)
My take on it is...
Going to a simple 442, park the bus, counter attack suits the squad abilities way more.
Of course Staj also got rid of a lot of the dead wood bludgers, who were never going to come to the party. He has brought in some good wood.
Which leads to the other very simple thing he has done. The easiest way to improve any squad, and something every international manager does, is to get the squad fit. It was a tough pre-season for all the lads but has paid dividends. DDS, Simmo, Tongnik... they are all better players because they are as fit as, probably fitter than they have ever been.
Then perhaps some inspiration and strategy is the icing.

onto it

Hopefully Stenz will be back so Nizzy can be on that wing in front of Nigro as Ads has pointed out as well.

Last edited:

Big Al

I think Staj had something strange going on last year with a 4222, which didn't work with the squad we had, and made it very difficult for some players, who were loaded with the bulk of the work (Clisby, Stenz for a start...)
My take on it is...
Going to a simple 442, park the bus, counter attack suits the squad abilities way more.
Of course Staj also got rid of a lot of the dead wood bludgers, who were never going to come to the party. He has brought in some good wood.
Which leads to the other very simple thing he has done. The easiest way to improve any squad, and something every international manager does, is to get the squad fit. It was a tough pre-season for all the lads but has paid dividends. DDS, Simmo, Tongnik... they are all better players because they are as fit as, probably fitter than they have ever been.
Then perhaps some inspiration and strategy is the icing.
Also that article that pointed out crossing was unproductive and we needed to be more direct. Our shots on goal have increased and so have the goals
BUT
the biggest thing has been tightening the defense and playing a regular back 4 so they can work together. I have crying out for years for some stability at the back and finally we have it and success.
We have the best defense as far as goals are conceeded in the League. WOW for a team who has broken records for how many we conceed.
SFC have conceded one less but are a game behind. If they conceed 1 in that game and they will then what am saying will be correct haha. Checks and they play Newcastle. Shit they will have the best defense. Well second best is amazing for us

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami