• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCM vs Macarthur Bulls MW11 - Pink Round

Coastalraider

Just going to put it out there.

We are all amazed at the improvement in our squad. That’s not up for debate, it’s insane how much better the same players are playing this year.

But I think the biggest improvement is in Staj. Not what he has done with the players, but what he has done to himself.

last year I was mainly unconvinced... he played a lot of players (including visas) out of their regular positions, played structures that didn’t suit our roster or skills, and made some bizarre substitutions.

I can’t help but feel he did his first year and realised he didn’t need to reinvent the wheel every week. It’s like he has simplified the structure, every players knows their job, they have confidence in the game plan, and are now able to execute. There are 2 players for every positiin, and no one is playing an unfamiliar role. Having confidence in the players performing a simpler role well means his subs are strategic, not reactive.

Last year I wasn’t convinced he was A league quality, not a slight in him, just looked like a guy trying lots of different things every week hoping something would work. I didn’t see the bedding if a structure for example last year that is now being executed, which is part of why it’s such a shock we went from the worst to the best team in the comp in a single off season.

Well played Staj, well played.

Wombat

So , what did we think of Beath last night ? , I thought he was pedantic as ever for the most part , letting absolute clatterings slide (Koul) but pulling up tiny things BUT at least he wasnt anything close to those Adelaide f**ktards
He is a f**king twat but as Beath goes it wasn't his worst display by a long shot.

Wombat

Is anybody else starting to get emotional after we've won (again) when 'Don't Stop Believing' starts up?

Just you YC. Lol. That music doesn't resonate much with me but Im a grumpy old bugger now. Find me a better less "Yank, Glam Rock" type song and i will tear up with you.

Allreet?

But I think the biggest improvement is in Staj. Not what he has done with the players, but what he has done to himself.
Appreciate the sentiment but I, for one, was delighted when we signed Staj. He already had an amazing CV and was only sacked from the Matildas for the most ridiculous political reasons - according to what I heard.

I said at the time he was likely to prove the best coach we'd had since Arnie and without wanting to seem smug... erm ... I don't know how to finish that last sentence.

LFCMariners

Appreciate the sentiment but I, for one, was delighted when we signed Staj. He already had an amazing CV and was only sacked from the Matildas for the most ridiculous political reasons - according to what I heard.

I said at the time he was likely to prove the best coach we'd had since Arnie and without wanting to seem smug... erm ... I don't know how to finish that last sentence.
I also thought Staj would do well. Not only because CCM have a good record with sacked NT managers, but I figured (considering the nature of his sacking) he'd feel like he had a point to prove and it'd be a mentality the club could definitely relate to.

Wombat

Having reflected on last night, I thought our passing was off compared to previous weeks and that might have been the terrible pitch. f**k you council - even your precious NRL will suffer on that pitch, far more chance of an injury.
Urena in the free role behind the GOAT obviously has been given the license to use his flicks and tricks and is he our Berbatov? As Ive been saying for a while, we are going to absolutely flog someone sooner or later. Scarily for the other 11 clubs I'm not sure we have fully clicked yet.
Nigro probably wasnt brought in to be 1st choice at right back, remember we had the popular "winner" when he signed. He was awful in the first half but battled back well I thought. Miller probably isnt the answer and it would be nice to see Hall given a start at RB to see how he goes.
I loved Kuols response to Milligan. His hit on the young bloke in their 1st challenge was so well done. Years of bastardry to hammer the young upstart. Next challenge, Kuol nearly takes his head off and Milligan felt it as well. He was groggy for a few minutes.
Lastly, the Bulls. Expensive Okon side. Boring, one dimensional rubbish from what is actually a really good squad. Remember when we were upset to lose McGing? Rose is like a shit Mitch Austin.
Onwards and upwards
LOL. Great post but Rose is sooooo much better than Mitch Austin BUT is closer to TBT. Fast, talented but flawed.

Insertnamehere

I agree. When we were looking for a coach after okon, I said here Staj would suit us great but he was with the Matildas. So we got mulvey who I thought was our next best option.

in the end it’s working out great. Even with the extra couple years of pain.

Corsair

Feels so great to be back to winning ways. Last season i was going to games on my own, for this match 3 mates came and at the end we agreed to go to the game on Sunday. One of them has not been for a couple of seasons, hoping to see our crowd build as the season goes on.

Left the game with a big smile painted on and felt great all the next day.

One big worry from the game, it felt like Nigro gave away possession almost every time he had the ball. Terrible pass completion, would love to see his stats for that game. I thought he looked well below the quality of the rest of the team. It was great to see the guys encouraging him though and Nizzy moved over to play in front of him and Janota brought on to strengthen that area in front of him as well. Can't help feeling the right player is going to demolish him at some point, let's hope not.

Oli looked a class above anyone else on the pitch, his ball control is so good, what a huge signing he was for us.

booney

Nigro will have problems with Glory's left winger,Ota,on Sunday who looks like the best winger in the A-league.He is fast,skilful and can put in a very good cross.Nigro will need lots of help from Bouman,Janota and Nisbet otherwise Fornaroli and Keogh will be putting a lot of pressure on Tongyik and Rowles.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami