• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCM v the cow pats - Mudgee at home

Big Al

I know one was for "time wasting" when there was a sub window for the other team a few weeks ago which it totally bullshit and one was from last week for charging in at marcelo. not certain on the remaining one though, it's either for time wasting or "arguing" which again is total bullshit if its for arguing, being the Captain he should be able to ask questions of the ref per decision as the Captains are generally the ones who converse with the officials with more indepth questions.

View attachment 2528
In other news;
We do lead the table for something though :doh:

View attachment 2529
So far this season in terms of cards we lead the Red Card category (for straight reds), tied in total Reds with The Reds themselves but also lead the total accumulation "points" too, not a title I can say I am currently fond of as we generally are not a "dirty" playing side. Alas, we do seem to get flashed cards quicker than any other club this season...
Interesting because i think it was last game they said Nisbet and Not sure if was Ballard or Steele don’t have any cards. Usually your mids and CB’s get the cards

ConsKrypt

Interesting because i think it was last game they said Nisbet and Not sure if was Ballard or Steele don’t have any cards. Usually your mids and CB’s get the cards
Yellow Cards;
Vuka: 3
Sozer: 0
Kaltak: 4 (so we can expect him to have another match ban upon return unfortunately if he gets a yellow)
Hall: 1
Windust: 1
Triantis: 4
Hong: 2
Faz: 4
McGary: 2
Roux: 2
Kuzevski: 0
Nizzy: 0
Ballard: 1
Steele: 3
James Bayliss: 0
Silvera: 3
Theoharous: 0
Tulio: 2
Nkololo: 6
Cummings: 2
Wenzal-Halls: 1
Moresche: 0
Lachlan Bayliss: 0

Big Al

not true. Depends on the tendon / ligament damage, Saw him walk by week 3 weeks ago and wrote about it on here. He was hobbling at a slow speed.

Elite level dribbling and stop starting at full pace can take a while… then get a knock on your way back… which easily happens, sets you back another week or two again… frustrating, but not at all irregular.

Guy needs to at least be given a chance, dumbest thing in the world would he to move clubs and feign injury instead of trying to break into the team.

How about we trust Monty and cut DWH some slack. Every player cops some bad luck now and then. I’m sure it’s been bloody miserable for him. No need to compound it
Maybe a high ankle sprain

Corsair

not true. Depends on the tendon / ligament damage, Saw him walk by week 3 weeks ago and wrote about it on here. He was hobbling at a slow speed.

Elite level dribbling and stop starting at full pace can take a while… then get a knock on your way back… which easily happens, sets you back another week or two again… frustrating, but not at all irregular.

Guy needs to at least be given a chance, dumbest thing in the world would he to move clubs and feign injury instead of trying to break into the team.

How about we trust Monty and cut DWH some slack. Every player cops some bad luck now and then. I’m sure it’s been bloody miserable for him. No need to compound it
It's a bit quiet while we wait for the game so we're taking the piss. I don't think anyone would play down his commitment or his misfortune but it's the way of men, we take the piss out of each other! ?

ConsKrypt

Monty originally told us he had a slight knock, which usually indicates anywhere between 1-3 weeks out. Then, this week, he explained there had been a hiccup in his rehab, which would’ve set him back another couple of weeks. I’m sorry, but do you expect real time updates from the physio staff, to the minute?
In all my 33 years of life, I have also rollled my ankle more than once and found it’s kept me out for that long, in fact it’s caused a lot of further issues down the line for me after not rehabbing properly - so the club are right to give him every opportunity to get his rehab right.
I don’t mean to be a f**kwit, but let’s be real - Mont wouldn’t sign him if he was here for a holiday. DWH ain’t gameiro, and mont ain’t Mulvey.
Nah I hear you here but all I was getting at is that a knock can be a range of severity as with a hiccup.
I never mentioned that we should get real time updates from physio either, just venting my frustration as I am eager to see him play (once recovered obviously).

Ironbark

This right here is true, however if so then its more than a knock as it was originally described which is why I said I wish that there was more transparency around this.

As I said, if DWH is legitimately injured then it sure does suck because I (as everyone else) wants to see him play for us, its been a major talking point since he signed with us.

We are all just eager to witness how he fits in is all.

Like when Moresche was out for the ACL injury, imagine if that was told to us as a mere knock but because we all witnessed this the truth around the injury was transparent.
I can't help but think how the opposition used real time injury information to target the Dingo when he had his tender ribs... I'd keep the info opaque if I were the club

ConsKrypt

I can't help but think how the opposition used real time injury information to target the Dingo when he had his tender ribs... I'd keep the info opaque if I were the club
I mean, you're taking one instance from the grubs in red and black. Marcelo was the only one who targeted his injury. It's also well known it was a rolled ankle as the original injury for DWH and thus the reason behind not seeing him get time on the field so by what you're saying here is once DWH returns you expect others to target his ankles?

I am not advocating for an injured player to get on the field if they do not want to do so rather than await recovery, that would be very stupid to do.

Forum Phoenix

It's a bit quiet while we wait for the game so we're taking the piss. I don't think anyone would play down his commitment or his misfortune but it's the way of men, we take the piss out of each other! ?

Pretty well versed in banter. Play on. But aiso pretty well versed in seeing this forum begin to pick its new player to death ride. Always starts like this...and I’m not a fan.

And 1000 percent what Pete said.

Corsair

Pretty well versed in banter. Play on. But aiso pretty well versed in seeing this forum begin to pick its new player to death ride. Always starts like this...and I’m not a fan.

And 1000 percent what Pete said.
I get where you're coming from, personally I can't wait to see what he can do, we've been lacking someone with his speed for a while and he's a good player. Very unfortunate circumstances, I do hope we get to see him debut for us this season.

Ironbark

I mean, you're taking one instance from the grubs in red and black. Marcelo was the only one who targeted his injury. It's also well known it was a rolled ankle as the original injury for DWH and thus the reason behind not seeing him get time on the field so by what you're saying here is once DWH returns you expect others to target his ankles?

I am not advocating for an injured player to get on the field if they do not want to do so rather than await recovery, that would be very stupid to do.
I agree with what you're saying here (apart from it only being one instance, it happens all the time).

My intent though was that the art of war is based on deception. The club is wise to not show all of its cards all the time.
If another club is doing its video analysis of our games to set up against us, to plan who is marking who etc. it is way harder if you have no idea who is actually going to take the field, much easier if the club has come out publicly and been highly specific
It does suck for us fans not knowing what's going on though

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred