• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCM v the cow pats - Mudgee at home

Ads

Very frustrating to have 2 important attackers out at such a crucial time of the season.

I don’t like Tulio out wide so if we go back to a
4-4-2.

Roux———Hall———Farrell———Mcgarry
Silvera———Niz———Ballard———Theo
—————-Tulio———Cumdog—————

FFC Mariner

Very frustrating to have 2 important attackers out at such a crucial time of the season.

4-4-2.

Not sure I'd rate either as "important TBH but I'd reckon that side would be it.

Beni hasnt really done much this season and Moresche has had 20 minutes.

Theo deserves a start if he is match fit but its possible we would see Monty continue with 3 in midfield and Tulio on the right.

Wenzel-Gamiero off the bench maybe - or he may trip over a piece of grass in the warm up? Who knows?

turbo

That line up should get the job done just fine. The bulls have some fire power but they leak goals and there shouldnt be a shortage of chances for us to win it. Still need to take some of them though.

Ads

If we were more adept to playing and adapting formations from defence to attack.

Based on form.

———Hall———Windust———-Farrell———
Roux——————————————-Mcgarry
————Niz——-Silvera——Ballard————-
—————-Tulio———-Cumdog——————

VonBowellski

I would actually like to see this....

Roux——————Ballard——————-Mcgarry
————Niz————————Silvera—
——-—————-Tulio——————
———————-Cumdog——————

Tevor

That line up should get the job done just fine. The bulls have some fire power but they leak goals and there shouldnt be a shortage of chances for us to win it. Still need to take some of them though.
Not sure I 100% agree on this, Kurto is a great keeper and saves their bacon regularly and we will need our shooting boots on to beat him and that has been missing for quite a while now. They have a more mobile backline than previous seasons. If we do our standard easy turnover (Silvera has been very guilty of this lately) they are very dangerous on the counter with speed that will easily catch us out being to far forward. Last time we met we made hard work of playing them, they are hot and cold under the new management so lets hope they are cold this weekend. We need to be well up for this and our intensity levels have been my major concern lately.

Forum Phoenix

4-4-2.

That’s my starting 11.

pjennings

That’s my starting 11.
Two things -
1) I rather play with a keeper
2) I'd have Tulio on the right and Sammy up the front - I just think Sammy will not waste the same number of opportunities.

__________________Danny_____________________
Tulio———Niz———Ballard———Theo
—————Silvera——Cumdog————

turbo

Not sure I 100% agree on this, Kurto is a great keeper and saves their bacon regularly and we will need our shooting boots on to beat him and that has been missing for quite a while now. They have a more mobile backline than previous seasons. If we do our standard easy turnover (Silvera has been very guilty of this lately) they are very dangerous on the counter with speed that will easily catch us out being to far forward. Last time we met we made hard work of playing them, they are hot and cold under the new management so lets hope they are cold this weekend. We need to be well up for this and our intensity levels have been my major concern lately.
Kurto has been good but has been getting hung out to dry too often. Their midfield is weak and depth there is terrible. Aspro hasnt been in great form of late. If we can't get past them we may as well pack up the season now. This is the game to draw a line under the ill discipline and poor performances.

pjennings

Personally I would like to see Theo as a false 9 behind Cummings.... also he may last longer given his fitness with less running than as an outside mid... don't see him having the energy levels to keep tracking back at this point in time...
I could live with that

Ads

Personally I would like to see Theo as a false 9 behind Cummings.... also he may last longer given his fitness with less running than as an outside mid... don't see him having the energy levels to keep tracking back at this point in time...

That’s also where Silvera has burst through and scored 2/3 of his goals from.

But we need to find a way to try and get more early balls from the wide men, not long crosses but angles balls for tap ins and closer shots.

We are best at getting into the box but get blocked shots or jockyed and played backwards.

Ads

Roux——————————————-Mcgarry
————Niz———Theo——-Ballard————-
—————-Silvera———Cumdog——————

Even leave Tulio as the experience/impact and he might finish some chances against tired legs.

Forum Phoenix

Two things -
2) I'd have Tulio on the right and Sammy up the front - I just think Sammy will not waste the same number of opportunities.

—————Silvera——Cumdog————
I see what you did there

Forum Phoenix

Two things -

—————Silvera——Cumdog————

Re Sammy up top, pros and cons, good finisher but we’d miss his ability to beat players at pace and carry the ball forward I think.

Forum Phoenix

Fair point. Let’s hope his fitness is close, because I think he’ll still be played wide.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred