• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCM v the cow pats - Mudgee at home

ConsKrypt

So apparently Vuka only has 3 yellows thus far this season (I could have sworn it was at least one more) but saying this, hope he manages to not accumulate any more as we have not seen Sozer between the posts (nothing against him at all, I personally hoped he would have already had a run but its getting to the point of the season where we need consistency) and I am unsure how it would be for us - however, theres also been a few goals we have conceded that I thought Vuka could have at least tried to dive for that he just stood still and watched it hit the back of the net.

I also feel that a change of Captain is needed, it's hard for a keeper to be Captain and get a message all the way up to the front of the pack when needed, though we don't really have much more that is experienced with that leadership role :(

Corsair

Kurto has been good but has been getting hung out to dry too often. Their midfield is weak and depth there is terrible. Aspro hasnt been in great form of late. If we can't get past them we may as well pack up the season now. This is the game to draw a line under the ill discipline and poor performances.
Bookies have us as clear favourites as well.....but that's all based on fair refereeing and no Finals in a Sydney stadium deal.

Corsair

So apparently Vuka only has 3 yellows thus far this season (I could have sworn it was at least one more) but saying this, hope he manages to not accumulate any more as we have not seen Sozer between the posts (nothing against him at all, I personally hoped he would have already had a run but its getting to the point of the season where we need consistency) and I am unsure how it would be for us - however, theres also been a few goals we have conceded that I thought Vuka could have at least tried to dive for that he just stood still and watched it hit the back of the net.

I also feel that a change of Captain is needed, it's hard for a keeper to be Captain and get a message all the way up to the front of the pack when needed, though we don't really have much more that is experienced with that leadership role :(
Hadn't thought of that, of course, get the keeper carded out. He better watch his step in this game, the slightest chance and he'll get a card. Most if not all of those yellows would have been for arguing with the ref or other players I'd imagine?

ConsKrypt

Hadn't thought of that, of course, get the keeper carded out. He better watch his step in this game, the slightest chance and he'll get a card. Most if not all of those yellows would have been for arguing with the ref or other players I'd imagine?
I know one was for "time wasting" when there was a sub window for the other team a few weeks ago which it totally bullshit and one was from last week for charging in at marcelo. not certain on the remaining one though, it's either for time wasting or "arguing" which again is total bullshit if its for arguing, being the Captain he should be able to ask questions of the ref per decision as the Captains are generally the ones who converse with the officials with more indepth questions.

1678429185311.png
In other news;
We do lead the table for something though :doh:

1678429523341.png
So far this season in terms of cards we lead the Red Card category (for straight reds), tied in total Reds with The Reds themselves but also lead the total accumulation "points" too, not a title I can say I am currently fond of as we generally are not a "dirty" playing side. Alas, we do seem to get flashed cards quicker than any other club this season...

Last edited:

JackMariner

Think again...they are playing with at least 13.

Central Coast Mariners vs Macarthur FC - Glen Willow Stadium, Mudgee
Saturday, 11 March 2023 - 5:00 PM (Local) (5:00 PM AEDT)

RefereeShaun EvansFourth OfficialHassan Jomaa
Assistant Referee 1Ryan GallagherVARKurt Ams
Assistant Referee 2Hugh Fenton-WhiteAVARStephen Lucas

Red card for Faz early doors?

360_F_331780051_WsC702uNGgvaoVS5aOseQyJ0LrWnTlDq.jpg
Shaun bloody Evans and Ku*t Ams hell there goes our ball game. For anybody interested Hawkesbury Brewing is televising the game, where you can actually hear the commentary as opposed to not hearing it, due to the contractual obligations of various watering holes to gambling entities in Gosford. Oh and by the way for all the craft brewing afficiaonados that belittle their produce don't come you will certainly not be missed! They are making a concerted effort to draw our patronage and as I have been informed they have representation in the Central Coast Stadium being a corporate box, as sponsors! I have no affiliation with them other than really enjoying the screenings their booze and their people.

Attachments

• METHCARTHUR.png
    METHCARTHUR.png
    114.3 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Corsair

For anybody interested Hawkesbury Brewing is televising the game, where you can actually hear the commentary as opposed to not hearing it, due to the contractual obligations of various watering holes to gambling entities in Gosford. Oh and by the way for all the craft brewing afficiaonados that belittle their produce don't come you will certainly not be missed!
Are you now sponsored by Hawkesbury instead of the Gosford Hotel?! Never been there, do they do food?

ConsKrypt

Aaaand he tripped over a leaf and is out
Seems that way, had high hopes that he would fit into the squad nicely and add another option up front for us - however it seems he's just wanting a bloody holiday. Such a waste of a signing thus far, can't say I am impressed as we could have signed someone else who actually wants to play - even if they were half as "skilled" as DWH, I'd rather someone at least giving it a go.

If he is genuinely injured then I guess that sucks but to be out this long for a mere "rolled ankle" tells me that he's just milking it, in all the 36 years of my life that I have rolled my ankle, I have not been out of the mix for this long...

Wish Monty would be up front with this rather than saying "slight knock" and "hiccup" and be completely transparent with us (the fans) about whats happening... It's about my only real gripe with him as manager.

Forum Phoenix

Seems that way, had high hopes that he would fit into the squad nicely and add another option up front for us - however it seems he's just wanting a bloody holiday. Such a waste of a signing thus far, can't say I am impressed as we could have signed someone else who actually wants to play - even if they were half as "skilled" as DWH, I'd rather someone at least giving it a go.

If he is genuinely injured then I guess that sucks but to be out this long for a mere "rolled ankle" tells me that he's just milking it, in all the 36 years of my life that I have rolled my ankle, I have not been out of the mix for this long...

Wish Monty would be up front with this rather than saying "slight knock" and "hiccup" and be completely transparent with us (the fans) about whats happening... It's about my only real gripe with him as manager.

not true. Depends on the tendon / ligament damage, Saw him walk by 3 weeks ago and wrote about it on here. He was hobbling at a slow speed.

Elite level dribbling and stop starting at full pace can take a while… then get a knock on your way back… which easily happens, sets you back another week or two again… frustrating, but not at all irregular.

Guy needs to at least be given a chance, dumbest thing in the world would he to move clubs and feign injury instead of trying to break into the team.

How about we trust Monty and cut DWH some slack. Every player cops some bad luck now and then. I’m sure it’s been bloody miserable for him. No need to compound it

Last edited:

ConsKrypt

Depends on the tendon / ligament damage
This right here is true, however if so then its more than a knock as it was originally described which is why I said I wish that there was more transparency around this.

As I said, if DWH is legitimately injured then it sure does suck because I (as everyone else) wants to see him play for us, its been a major talking point since he signed with us.

We are all just eager to witness how he fits in is all.

Like when Moresche was out for the ACL injury, imagine if that was told to us as a mere knock but because we all witnessed this the truth around the injury was transparent.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred