• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

ccm v nix rd5 go ahead thread ;)

true believer

ladbrokes don't like us , we don't care !

Sunday 31/1/2021
Central Coast Mariners vs Wellington Phoenix

Markets
4:00pm
Central Coast Mariners
Draw
Wellington Phoenix

Huddo

Sunday 31/1/2021

Markets
Central Coast Mariners
Draw
Wellington Phoenix

Maybe they have been looking at the TOTW's

Insertnamehere

FMD. How can we be outsiders? Nux have been avg and we have 3 from 4.

A mate said to me the other day that nux have never won a home game that's been played away. Let's keep that record.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
These punting company’s are either stupid or criminally byast ....let’s go with the later

Michael

Sunday 31/1/2021

Markets
Central Coast Mariners
Draw
Wellington Phoenix

its wonderful they don’t rate us, the only money I’ve won this year has been on us ???
The lads are making me money!

marinermick

These punting company’s are either stupid or criminally byast ....let’s go with the later

They are neither. There use sophisticated mathematical models that come up with the odds. Given where both teams are placed there appears to be plenty of money on the Nix.

Call the punters stupid but not the betting agencies, especially those that have been in business for a long time.

As FFC Mariner has posted, this is a banana skin game in that it is one we are expected to win and Nix have been playing better than their position suggest.

Staj won’t be able to harness the underdog motivation. How will we react when we are expected to win?

midfielder

Gonna be harder than many on here seem to think... also other teams will go into the game thinking differently...

Just on the forums posting over the last say 3 years...

We have always said we need a spine, a good Centre Back, a good holding midfield a 6 if possible but a 6 & 8 would be great and a striker...

Olly is the 6 we have been missing IMO the best 6 we have had in years... arguably our best 6 ever ... the Hutch / Monty was our best... but Olly / Sten maybe better...

Ruon at the back, I was surprised to see he is 24, meaning he is not a junior but he is coming of age and he has to date held his own...

With greater control of the centre of the park, DDS & Nissy have space to work in and to date anyway they are using it...

Kuol up front is the best striker we have had in a while...

Adding to the spine we have the overseas players yet to start...

Just maybe Ruon & Kuol in form and Olly have created that spine we have longed for...

But back to the Nix... they are a good side ... they will be very hungry to win... on paper they are a better side....

IMO they should be fav's.... however if we win and can also win the next two games our betting odds will change a lot...

turbo

How we line up and whether our VISA players are ready for more time will be very important. Nix couldn't buy a goal against the jets other than the penalty but all the build up was there and dangerous. Certainly room to exploit behind them going forward but it simply wont happen with Simon and Bouman starting like they did for Sydney. IMO they need Kuol starting to hit that space at speed, Smylie to take over later in the game doing the same if imports arent ready.

The Jets gave us a blueprint that highlighted their defensive weaknesses that will be hard to resolve in only a week. We've seen it deployed for us already against others including Macarthur quite effectively. Just need to limit their ability to get creative going forward and I think our mids can do that.

Ironbark

We've only won games so far due to exemplary effort, attitude and discipline. We'll only continue to win the games we approach that way. The second we drop that teams like the Nix can take us. Definitely only cautiously optimistic for this. But optimistic nonetheless as we've shown we CAN beat any team on our day.

Forum Phoenix

They are neither. There use sophisticated mathematical models that come up with the odds. Given where both teams are placed there appears to be plenty of money on the Nix.

Call the punters stupid but not the betting agencies, especially those that have been in business for a long time.

As FFC Mariner has posted, this is a banana skin game in that it is one we are expected to win and Nix have been playing better than their position suggest.

Staj won’t be able to harness the underdog motivation. How will we react when we are expected to win?
Yeah this.

Nix are a good side with a good coach. They have had to do things hard due to covid but they're going to be desperate to get going.

I expect they'll fight harder than anyone we've played yet. And Talay may look like a modern coach, but he is a tough old school grinder. You can be sure they're going to be well up for this. If I could bet on anything it's that I think it's going to be a war. Won't be surprised to see a player or even two get sent. Really interesting test for us.

Honestly, this one's anyone game. Hoping we can start adding some visa class off the bench and go up another gear.

true believer

Show the boyz the odds and be totally outraged in the dressing room.
Of course we are the under dog .
Just ask staj

style_cafe

Staj is smart enough to know that the other teams are going to start to study us a lot closer now,looking at ways to break down our defence.
He`ll have to start tweaking things a little to give us the edge.
I think he`ll also try to get some minutes into the visas late in the games from here on in.
It`s going to be hard for him but we have to maintain the faith...:popcorn:

Tevor

I’ve watched all the Nix games and as mentioned on here already they are dangerous up front and haven’t been able to convert as many as they should have. Their defence is questionable and with Devere as their only experienced back. We will need to put at least 2 past them and be super diligent in defence. I feel the Nix are a bit like the Roar they have had our measure for some time and hopefully we can change that. Urena may enjoy playing against their weaker defence and could be a good opportunity for him to notch his first goal. Would like to see at least 2 Visa players get a run this game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julihrb