• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

ccm v nix rd5 go ahead thread ;)

Ironbark

Does anyone know how serious the ankle is? Will we have Niz for any of the following games out of next rapid fire 3?

Forum Phoenix

Bouman is most likely to start in place of Niz. Hopefully Janota is fit enough (and good enough) to come off the bench and potentially start later in this hat trick of matches.
Yeah probably,he’s in front of him in the pecking order, but personally I feel Bouman lacks the mobility and would be worried about balance and pace in attack. we’re strong and fit, but apart from Alou we lack pace in attack compared to almost every other side.

however bouman is a smart footballer and makes good decisions. Especially for a 22 year old,

AuzDutchy

Niz has had a great start to the season and seems to be enjoying the more attacking role hes been deployed in, but him being out for a game or 2 shouldnt destabilise our game plan or attack too much, we just need a semi pacey, technical attacker to replace him, of which we have a few.

id much rather be without Niz or DDS right now than to lose Stenseness, Bozanic, Rowles or Tongyik

Forum Phoenix

Niz has had a great start to the season and seems to be enjoying the more attacking role hes been deployed in, but him being out for a game or 2 shouldnt destabilise our game plan or attack too much, we just need a semi pacey, technical attacker to replace him, of which we have a few.

id much rather be without Niz or DDS right now than to lose Stenseness, Bozanic, Rowles or Tongyik
Agree with this regarding our attack, though he’s been excellent, so hoping to ably replace him in attack is reasonable I think. But I think you have left out some of the biggest things he does for us that other attackers may well not.

He’s truly excellent at keeping possession even under high pressure. He has composure and reliably nakes great decisions. Excellent passer. And a very good tackler / ball winner when it’s on the deck,

All valuable skills in their own right, but all those things also combine to mean Nizz really helps our defence, and also link our play and keep us cohesive both in the opponents half and in our own when being put under the pump .

I like what I saw of Casella, a pacey attacker as you say, but I didn’t note those other attributes, and indeed those are often not the attributes of a typical attacking mid. Which Niz isn’t, even though he’s added so much. But at the moment you’d have to say our strength and strategy is defence first. And that has been what’s really winning us games.

So with that in mind the loss of Nizz for mine is not easily replaced at all. I was personally stunned by quite how much he brought to our attack, but he’s always brought a lot to our defence. So that loss for a defence first team, really needs to be as like for like as possible or it’s surely going to impact.

Staj knows all this obviously so I expect whoever comes in for Nizz will also be very focused on doing their defensive duties, let’s hope they can get the balance right and Nizz isn’t too missed.

Pirate Pete

EtCByi3VoAUkwtu

scottmac

Suspended
Add long as it goes back in he'll be right. Disappointed with Stens and the ref. Wellington milking the favour and Stens looks lost. Not out best have in the mid so far and if Olly didn't come back then it's going to take something special to get those over the line

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred