• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

ccm v nix rd5 go ahead thread ;)

turbo

Kick in the guts there, we were the better team overall and definitely in the 2nd, just one individual error from the draw. That said we need to be able to score goals and not rely on a clean sheet to take 3 points. I’m happy with Kuol but one of the visa players needs to start with him.

Also quite apparent Nisbet > Bouman. Quite possibly Casella better as well at least for tonight’s role.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

What was nigro and birra doing
Bit of a foul on Nigro though....handful of shirt pulling him back. They've gotta shout for those to have ANY chance of the referee / VAR looking at it. But yeah, he screwed it up.

I hate to say it, but if Nigro falls over, we get a free kick there. (not condoning diving, just a commentary on refereeing)

Jeez, our attack was physically painful to watch - just our lack of final option. How many times did we penetrate then just throw it away? In the last 10-15 we just weren't winning anything, even our crosses were terrible.

Stens was great. Liking Kuol, heading was atrocious but he's coming good overall.

Am I missing something, or are the imports completely unimpressive so far?

Smylie isn't cutting it.

scottmac

Suspended
Nigro just not strong enough in the challenge but the pass should have been closed down. Nora Birra not at fault. We had enough chances

Big Al

Just couldn’t kill it off with all the dominance.

unfortunately rotation may have cost us here. Need to stick with your strikers or team in general when they are dominant like that. Subs took the wind out of the sails just that little bit to give them a breather.

why can’t we just have teams butcher chances against us. To small mistakes punished. At least Nigro got back but his last two steps he slowed. If kept full speed he gets there first. The shirt pull is nothing. Both doing it. Played really well. Very disappointed but how good to be dominant again even if we lost

Avoca

I think we earned a better result, especially in the last twenty-five minutes. Our possession percentage went up, & our shots dramatically increased.

At 65 minutes:
40% possession & 11 shots

At Full-time:
46% possession & 23 shots

This shows decent potential & gives hope for increased improvement in an already great side.

BaysideMariner

First game live this year for me. My thoughts were:-
- First half we seemed happy with our fullbacks to keep passing the ball backwards and recycling the ball back through the middle. I thought Nigro was especially prevalent doing this.
- Kuol is really a hard worker even off the ball and suits our style.
- Please give Tongyik a new contract.
- Bowmans wanted to play inside all game instead of trying to trouble the fullback.
- Our shape improved in the second half with Desilva and Ollie working harder and really trying to drive forward.
- Thought Rowles had another good game also.
- Janota given more time could be something special.
Anyway will watch the replay now and probably change my mind on what I just said. Also PAX on my tickets said 7037. Crowd announced as 4900 or something close to that.

Wombat

Bit of a foul on Nigro though....handful of shirt pulling him back. They've gotta shout for those to have ANY chance of the referee / VAR looking at it. But yeah, he screwed it up.

I hate to say it, but if Nigro falls over, we get a free kick there. (not condoning diving, just a commentary on refereeing)

Jeez, our attack was physically painful to watch - just our lack of final option. How many times did we penetrate then just throw it away? In the last 10-15 we just weren't winning anything, even our crosses were terrible.

Stens was great. Liking Kuol, heading was atrocious but he's coming good overall.

Am I missing something, or are the imports completely unimpressive so far?

Smylie isn't cutting it.
You are defininately missing something, Jonata looks next level good.

scottmac

Suspended
Worst part is we ruined a cracking game from Clisby. Finally was hitting all the crosses and corners perfectly. That Koul jumped at right before the subs was landing right on Simon’s forehead. We looked great on set pieces
Kuol also should have buried a header that Clisby out right on his head in the second there too. He tried to go with the direction of the cross rather than just focusing on solid contact. He was 2m in front of the goal. Any proper contact would have forced a save.

booney

The one that got away.In the first 30 minutes Davila was given too much room and took his goal well.Then Ollie and Stens started to crowd him and he was much less influential from then .Mariners dominated the second half but the shit goal reminded me of the past six seasons so enough said.

I thought Clisby was MOTM just shading DDS.

Wombat

Well just got back and am cold and wet. But it was great to be there and watch the Mariners look very good in patches.

For me, we were the better side. But overall we were only slightly above average and Bouman cannot play on the wing.

Their keeper made a couple of cracking saves. Kuol missed an easy chance with his head and then butchered a ball destined for the net via Matty Simon's head (he kopped a spray over that one). Those things cost you games.

Clisby was very good, in fact probably MOM.

I also was impressed by Olly as per usual.

The 1st goal we stood off like last season and were punished.

The most exciting thing was Jonata's hit out. This bloke looks next level, Ninkovic standard.

Side note.....no way was that a sub 5k crowd!?

COYY

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami