• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCM v $ity - Rd 6

Coastalraider

Time for our Foreign players to get some serious game time.
The balance has to be right though. I was working so havent seen the game yet, and the comments are based on what I have read on here, so take it with a grain of salt.

Potentially Urena to start with Kuol, as he has been getting more minutes than the other Visas. Matty to sub him for the back 30 if Urena still isn't up to a full 90.

Janota to get 20-30 at the back end subbing Niz (hopefully back from injury).

Changing too much now can lead to bigger issues - disrupting what has been a pretty bloody successful start to the campaign, and potentially loosing the confidence in our young aussie kids that they get 'rotated' at the first sign of trouble. Transitioning in the Visa players will be a delicate balance.

Huddo

The balance has to be right though. I was working so havent seen the game yet, and the comments are based on what I have read on here, so take it with a grain of salt.

Potentially Urena to start with Kuol, as he has been getting more minutes than the other Visas. Matty to sub him for the back 30 if Urena still isn't up to a full 90.

Janota to get 20-30 at the back end subbing Niz (hopefully back from injury).

Changing too much now can lead to bigger issues - disrupting what has been a pretty bloody successful start to the campaign, and potentially loosing the confidence in our young aussie kids that they get 'rotated' at the first sign of trouble. Transitioning in the Visa players will be a delicate balance.

I'd also like to see Hall being brought on for more than 10, to put a little bit of friendly competition in to the backline

FFC Mariner

I havent seen Hall play at RB but thats where Wilko (s1) and Sains were introduced. The right has been a problem in the last 2 home games and I wonder if its worth looking at?
He has a hell of an engine, good technique and is a far better player than Lewis F Miller (IMHO)

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Well, as per Dan Hall , I’ve not seen much of him BUT a veritable stack of OG Marinators rate him highly and that’s good enough for me ...so I say give him more minutes

Huddo

Anyone know if Olly is taking a breather in this game? he still looked quiet tender second half. If he is how do we restructure?

Big Al

Will be a massive test if we loose Olli for any games little own a few. He couldn’t run properly late and shut down attacks because he couldn’t get physical

Ancient Mariner

Olly was looking totally gassed towards the end and probably needs a breather. If he is replaced by Nizz I think Nizz should be the one to play between the CBs in attack. I trust his distribution more than that of Stens. It will mean we are losing an attacking option though. Swings and roundabouts.

Avoca

We’ll have to be extra vigilant in defence, as Melbourne City have steadily increased their shots over the start of the season:

10, 11, 16 & 19 shots over four games.

Conversely, City are the A-League leaders when it comes to red cards:

2 over four games. Let’s hope they keep this tradition going.

Pirate Pete

He has been dropping a little too deep for me so far, probably in an effort to make a difference. I'd like to see him start next to Kuol and play his natural game.
If anything he was trying too hard.
That is he was going in search of the ball, which is why he was dropping deep.
I reckon if he starts he'll be different. We won't be chasing an equaliser and hopefully he'll be more patient and wait for the ball to come to him.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami