• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCM Injury and Suspensions list 2008/9

brett

Play Hutch in CDM, where he always plays best, and always plays better without Mile in the team. Then start Gumps and have a shitload more off-the-ball movement in the midfield with only one deep sitter.

offtheball

brett said:
Play Hutch in CDM, where he always plays best, and always plays better without Mile in the team. Then start Gumps and have a shitload more off-the-ball movement in the midfield with only one deep sitter.

Have to agree Hutch had his best game when he filled in for Jedinak last time.

midfielder

Ahmad Elrich in running for Central Coast Mariners' Asia campaign .... hopefully

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,24834379-5000940,00.html

marinermick

He is looking incredibly fit. With some lead up time he will fit in well with the hole we have on the right side of midfield at the moment.

clarence

marinermick said:
He is looking incredibly fit. With some lead up time he will fit in well with the hole we have on the right side of midfield at the moment.
Yep, with Matt Osman off to GCU at season's end, we'd need Elrich to be up to pace by then.

midfielder

Huge call ... but IMO a fully fit Elrich fighting to get back into the Socceroos under the guidance of his former mentor would be close to the best player in the league and his crosses from the right into Matty, Dylan & Nik well it is a great plan.

Elrich has pace, balance, touch and a great pass and in 2006 was next in line for a world cup spot and what little I saw from him before his knee went was enough to convince me he wants back to the top level again and at 26 / 27 he is entering the prime of his career.

I hope to see him back fully fit ... but not rushed back so he gets hurt again.

Marinermick good to see he is so fit ..  thanks for the up date.

Rowdy

midfielder said:
Huge call ... but IMO a fully fit Elrich fighting to get back into the Socceroos under the guidance of his former mentor would be close to the best player in the league and his crosses from the right into Matty, Dylan & Nik well it is a great plan.

Elrich has pace, balance, touch and a great pass and in 2006 was next in line for a world cup spot and what little I saw from him before his knee went was enough to convince me he wants back to the top level again and at 26 / 27 he is entering the prime of his career.

I hope to see him back fully fit ... but not rushed back so he gets hurt again.

Marinermick good to see he is so fit ..  thanks for the up date.

Don't know what games you were watching, but the ones i saw him play (which were ALL) for the Mariners don't correspond to your gushing praise. so that's a ditto with the  ::)

His taking on of players 1-on-1 down the flank, consisted of him just sneaking a ball around them which was 9 times'outta 10 - toooo heavy, allowing the defender to turn back in time to reach the ball, shield it or 'skin' Elrich himself and bring the ball back down the flank & thus waste our ataacking chance with a 'turnover'.

When he did have open space in front of him and no one taking him, his crossing from the corner area was mostly sub par from memory.

As to him being really fit NOW! I didn't think he was un-fit b4 his injury, but a lot on here were of the opinion he was over weight because of the way his shirt sat on him, he's shorter and of a stocky nature, sorta the same way people were saying Charlie Miller 'looked' fat. Think Fish actually said he saw him at training around that time and totally refuted these suggestions saying 'the guys def.NOT fat!'

I just hope his form is improved, but more importantly that he's hungier than what he appeared before his injury, as this hungriness will far outweigh his 'usefulness' factor than just his improved fitness alone.

We need Ahmad to be a lot better than what Ossie was, when Ossie WAS playing at his prev. best for the coming ACL

midfielder

Rowdy

I saw most of his games ... there where times when his touch and timing where magic .. not often I agree so lets not argue that I am saying he was MOM but he had lost a lot of weight was full of running and I saw an excellent player , perhaps the A-Leagues best... potential and doing it week in week out over 90 minutes has still to be shown. Only he knows deep down in his soul if he wants back to his glory days but he is in his prime ..he  has the talent I saw it .. does he have the drive .. who knows but gee I hope he does

promdi442

Accumulated yellow card suspensions could play a major part in determining whether we have our best squad on the park for the run in to the finals. From the A-League site the following is how we stand for yellow cards.

Name              Team                            Position        Yellow Cards  Red Cards 
1. Pedj Bojic  Central Coast Mariners FC  Central Defender      7            0
2. Mile Jedinak  Central Coast Mariners FC  Central Midfielder    4            0
3. Matt Simon  Central Coast Mariners FC  Striker                  4            0
4. Sasho Petrovski  Central Coast Mariners FC  Striker            3            0
5. Andrew Clark  Central Coast Mariners FC  Right Full Back      3              0
6. Alex Wilkinson  Central Coast Mariners FC  Central Defender  2              0
7. Bradley Porter  Central Coast Mariners FC  Central Midfielder  2            0
8. John Hutchinson Central Coast Mariners FC  Central Midfielder 2            0
9. Dylan Macallister  Central Coast Mariners FC  Striker            2            0
10. Nigel Boogaard  Central Coast Mariners FC  Central Defender  1            1
11. Paul O'Grady  Central Coast Mariners FC  Central Defender    1            0
12. David D'Apuzzo  Central Coast Mariners FC  Left Full Back    1            0
13. Adrian Caceres  Central Coast Mariners FC  Left Midfielder    1            0
14. Danny Vukovic  Central Coast Mariners FC  Goalkeeper          1            0

Ted

Just wondering if anything has changed and if so can someone update Elrich and Boogs injury status and the anticipated return of each player? I am hoping for a miracle here....

Alicia

Ted said:
Just wondering if anything has changed and if so can someone update Elrich and Boogs injury status and the anticipated return of each player? I am hoping for a miracle here....

I think Elrich has started training... but wont be available till ACL.

Not sure about Boogs.

Ted

Alicia said:
Ted said:

Not sure about Boogs.

Thanks Alicia, we really could benefit from both these players right now, but alas the miracle was short lived, lol.

Kareem

Alicia said:
Ted said:

Not sure about Boogs.
elrich is supposed to be back in 1 month GW
however not for finals :S
so looks like he will just miss out.
That said in the unlikley chance we
1) make the GF
2) he is declared fit to play in a GF
would he play- me thinks not a good idea, especially after such a long layoff. Although I'm ithcin to see him back in yellow!
That could be y he won't 'make' the finals

Jaza_SFC

Elrich's career effectively ended with that horrific knee injury on socceroos duty whilst he was at Fulham (at the time SFC were trying to get him back on loan, before the loan $$$ rules were invented, prior to Season Two).

He's been a shadow ever since.

Jaza_SFC

FFC Mariner said:
This one is the "other" knee I think

Bound to rob him of some pace you would think

The first one killed his pace enough. He just hasn't adapted like some other pace merchants have. Without his pace he's really lost.

ABout the best thing about him was he can take a really good corner/set piece. That's not really enough tbh.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred