• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCM Injury and Suspensions list 2008/9

dibo

Bex said:
I thought Clarence's idea to have a separate thread on this was good but it got knocked on the head. All the above is now buried 20 pages back. Can't we sticky an "Injuries 2008/09" thread that could be used for the whole season? If it gets very little use that would be really nice :)

i think this is a good idea - point people to this rather than answering the same question over and over again.

so...

NameNoYCRCInjuries/suspensionsExpected return?
Mark Bosnich1Hamstring
Round 8?
Danny Vukovic20SuspendedRound 7
Andrew Redmayne30
Predrag Bojić41
David D'Apuzzo6
Dean Heffernan8LegMid-November
Paul O'Grady13
Andrew Clark152
Nigel Boogaard161
Alex Wilkinson18
Andr Gumprecht2Medial ligamentReturning to youth league ~mid October
Brad Porter5
John Hutchinson7
Adrian Caceres10
Greg Owens12HamstringPlaying youth league already
Matthew Osman17
Ahmad Elrich21KneeFebruary at the earliest
Mile Jedinak231
Nik Mrdja9
Dylan Macallister111
Matt Simon191
Sasho Petrovski221

Last updated 30/9/2008

Arabmariner

Anyone got any info on Jedi.........do we need to be worried or are they just keeping him in cotton wool for the real stuff as a precaution?

dibo

if anyone's got good 'due back' info, can they post it here, we can then whack it in the original post.

mariners4ever

i think heff is just still recovering from his previous injury received in the wellington game, him not playing tomorrow is just a precaution

Bex

Yeh, Heff's last game was against Wellington so he has now missed two games.

S

soccersensei

I'm only guessing, but from whats been reported so far, I think it would be panic stations at CCM and word would be out if Heff and Mile were looking long term, pretty sure they're just being sensible and looking after them until the Season proper for the benefit of all. Mile's had a pretty full on schedule and it wouldn't take much for them to say lets be safe rather than sorry when it comes to a decision to play Heff.

Bex

Ahhh, well its good to know Heff has been training pretty hard. What about O'Grady, Owens and Jedi? Have they been training too?

clarence

Bex: That post was originally a new Thread, but it was merged with the main Squad thread onto it's Page 77. Different Mod, different opinion.

bikinigirl

. no offence to what is going on here, but i thought the idea of updating the locked squad listing with injuries was worthwhile - that way there is only one post to review when updates are made

. but s'pose this thread also gives people a place to ask the question of progress which is what everyone always wants to know (even if it is just rumours)

S

soccersensei

Ok, I understand what your saying. Good point, facts only, can discuss in team thread etc.

Bex

Yes, in and outs in the team thread, but this one for monitoring progress.

dibo

bikinigirl said:
. no offence to what is going on here, but i thought the idea of updating the locked squad listing with injuries was worthwhile - that way there is only one post to review when updates are made

. but s'pose this thread also gives people a place to ask the question of progress which is what everyone always wants to know (even if it is just rumours)

maybe in both there should be the original post which is edited constantly through the season and provides the 'quick reference' while the thread itself can provide latest information and discussion, with sources please!

Bex

Bugger! Possible problems for Boogs:

ashman said:
WOOOO!!! what a game here at perry park in brisbane.
................................... a big worry for us was the challenge on boogaard. he left the field which looked like a major injury to possiblly his leg.

.................................. im ashman from perry park in brisbane its bye for now

marinermick

Boogs may not be as bad as first thought.

Add Gumpy to the injury list - medial liagament and out for three months.

bulldogmariner

marinermick said:

Gumps may be a loss but we have the depth in squad to replace him with Jedinak and Porter key contenders.

Alicia

marinermick said:

How did gumps injure himself Mick?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred