• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCM Fans and the club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Phoenix

Just wanted to jump in and send a big congrats to Shaun and the admin team. We know the challenges you have faced and been facing for some time, and I was gutted for you that the Carols initiative had to be reigned back to an online event after the work you put in to try to bring something to the community.

Last night was the just rewards, a great atmosphere, decent crowd under the current circumstances, successful community engagement with the fireworks, and a bloody victory on the pitch.

I know we are fairly critical on here at times, but the hard work in difficult circumstances with one arm tied is appreciated, and I hope the whole organisation enjoyed last night.
Ditto. Great post.

Shaun Mielekamp

Just wanted to jump in and send a big congrats to Shaun and the admin team. We know the challenges you have faced and been facing for some time, and I was gutted for you that the Carols initiative had to be reigned back to an online event after the work you put in to try to bring something to the community.

Last night was the just rewards, a great atmosphere, decent crowd under the current circumstances, successful community engagement with the fireworks, and a bloody victory on the pitch.

I know we are fairly critical on here at times, but the hard work in difficult circumstances with one arm tied is appreciated, and I hope the whole organisation enjoyed last night.
Appreciate this guys and on behalf of the admin team and everyone at the club just wanted to say thanks to all the members and supporters who have stuck by the club recently, it definitely has a huge impact on all the staff and the players at the club knowing the faithful are staying strong no matter what the journey looks like.

Kripple

Appreciate this guys and on behalf of the admin team and everyone at the club just wanted to say thanks to all the members and supporters who have stuck by the club recently, it definitely has a huge impact on all the staff and the players at the club knowing the faithful are staying strong no matter what the journey looks like.
Shaun. Congratulations on the start of the season. Can you update us on when each of the visa players join the squad?

Michael

you and your staff deserve this brilliant start to the season as much as us long suffering fans.

true believer

Alen Stajcic has set the ambitious season goal of AFC Champions League qualification for Central Coast Mariners following the club's 2-0 win over Macarthur on Sunday.

Central Coast crashed the A-League new boys' homecoming through goals from Daniel De Silva and Jordan Smylie against the run of play in Campbelltown Stadium.

The streetwise display in Sydney's south-west puts the club top of the pile after two matches.

It is also the first time the Mariners have won back to back games in a season since December 2017.

But Stajcic is convinced the tide is turning in Gosford.

The former Westfield Matildas boss believes his squad holds the leadership, experience and unity to propel themselves head-long into the competition mix - although he is not getting carried away just yet.

"I said at the beginning we want to make the Asian Champions League and that objective stands," he said.

"It's a tremendous effort but it's two games down and 24 to go."

Stajcic added: "There's so much hard work that's gone on for such a small cub with limited resources. To be able to come up against a heavyweight like the Bulls, even though they're new.

"And for us to be able to fight and scrap and show the resilience we did and the heart and spirit just shows what a football group can do to overcome the odds."

"My assistant coach and I were having a bit of a joke on the bus down counting how many matches [Markel] Susaeta has played in La Liga and the Champions League and between him and Benat [Etxebarria] it was 1000 top flight matches in Europe.

"Just to think that [there is] that much value and experience on the pitch is incredible."

be still my beating heart .

turbo

That won't happen. They'd never allow us a home Grand Final.
And I'm pretty sure they said the FFA cup or whatever it's called now will be played at a neutral venue.
Which is a terrible idea. There’s very little chance of a sell out at a neutral venue. A two legged fixture would give it a point of difference and appease home fans for both teams. I’d rather feel ripped off by losing a coin toss than know we’re playing Perth in Melbourne or something stupid like that.

pjennings

Which is a terrible idea. There’s very little chance of a sell out at a neutral venue. A two legged fixture would give it a point of difference and appease home fans for both teams. I’d rather feel ripped off by losing a coin toss than know we’re playing Perth in Melbourne or something stupid like that.
Canberra would probably be favourite to host

Forum Phoenix

Exactly.

Shaun Mielekamp

Hey everyone - this email just went to all members:

It is obviously with great pride that I can write to you all and wish you a happy New Year. With 2020 behind us, a fresh start to the new season has come with not only 6 points but an immense amount of passion and belief in going forward.

I must pay special mention to Alen, Nahuel and the coaching staff along with all the players led by the new leadership group of Ollie, Simmo, Birraz and Kye who have driven the culture and everything that the club stands for and given us a dream start to the season.

This season will have many twists and turns both on and off the pitch. The one thing that I am sure of is that our motto of ‘Won’t Back Down’ will resonate regardless of whatever challenges we are faced with. I know that everyone at the club is dedicated to putting everything we have to give the community a club you can be proud of.

Off the field unfortunately we could only deliver Carols on the Coast via an online stream but to the 5000+ that were there for the NYE match, I hope the fireworks at the end was something memorable during a time when more and more special moments are being restricted as we face off against the horrible COVID-19 virus.

The seating capacity at the stadium will continue to change throughout the season to align with the current NSW Health guidelines. I hope that all Members can continue their understanding and acceptance of changes as they occur and please rely on the direct communication from the club as the actual status at the time for any given match. We are anticipating in the next few days we might be scaled back to 25% capacity for our match against the Western Sydney Wanderers on 19 January.

As I write this there is no confirmation as yet, but I do want to give a pre-emptive notice that this is a strong possibility to happen. It is also likely that we can expect that social distancing will be maintained in the stadium for the rest of the season and this will have some effects on the reserved seat Members. Over the next 7-10 days we will continue to get as much communication as we can directly to you about any changes you might have for your season tickets.

There is however a great opportunity to secure seats for any new or returning members as we will look to ensure that the majority of the reserved seats are all allocated to season ticket holders. If we are reduced to 25% capacity and only able to have less than 5000 spectators at any match we will need to explore ways that members can let the club know if you are coming to any particular match as we would not want an empty seat when someone else may be turned away by a notional sell out occurrence. With socially distant seating in place, our Platinum bays have already sold out for the season.

So what will this mean? The clubs advice is to get the message out to any fans that right now they should purchase a membership if they want to ensure they get to go to the home games and avoid disappointment. Existing members who would like to purchase additional seats should enquire about any available seats that are around them. The socially distant seating plan will mean that members can fill seats near them with family members and these seats will not be available for the general supporter to purchase for the season. It is a complicated and tricky procedure but I know that the Membership team here led by Iain Shand will do everything possible to give you the best options for what is shaping up to be a great season. To get in contact with Iain and his team, you can email memberships@ccmariners.com.au or call directly on 02 4353 7200 during business hours.

So please keep an eye on your inbox as we will have more information coming in the next fortnight.

Thanks again for being part of the Mariners family and I look forward to seeing you at the next home game on 19 January

Last edited:

Shaun Mielekamp

hey everyone, just a further update following the news today about mandatory facemasks at A-League matches. It is now imminent that we will be going to 25% capacity for the next match. There will be formal communication going to members tomorrow but it means that we will have to cap membership at some stage soon and limited tickets sales to very minimal amounts - I not sure how it will all play out but please know we are working hard to get this to be as best we can in a tough situation. Any questions please fire away as we may not have thought of all the variable for this one.

FFC Mariner

hey everyone, just a further update following the news today about mandatory facemasks at A-League matches. It is now imminent that we will be going to 25% capacity for the next match. There will be formal communication going to members tomorrow but it means that we will have to cap membership at some stage soon and limited tickets sales to very minimal amounts - I not sure how it will all play out but please know we are working hard to get this to be as best we can in a tough situation. Any questions please fire away as we may not have thought of all the variable for this one.
Keep up the good work. If we have to wear masks so be it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami