• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCM Fans and the club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woollybutt

Is Glover another of Okon's Young Socceroos alumni? A lot of those young guys seem to have a huge amount of respect for Okon, so hopefully that can swing it. It certainly worked for De Silva, who had plenty of other options. I could see Sydney going for a bigger name like Federici, who'd be third choice at Bournemouth now and might come home for the kind of money Sydney could offer.

midfielder

Shaun

Minor but for me anyway annoying is the time it takes our official site to register squad changes.

Micky Neil is still on it, and Kennedy is still not on it, nor Kye Rowles from today's announcement.

Timmah

I can't see Neill on there?

With the other two I'm thinking the signing announcements were so close to them starting training they're waiting to get proper headshots this week? Just a guess.

Holy

Hi Shaun

I've been watching the attached video which is being shown quite regularly on LFCTV.

- http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/ann...-players-surprise-fans-with-home-kit-delivery

I really love the engagement with the fans it embodies.

I'm not sure what your marketing plans are for this season, but I seemed to get the impression that a new kit is being considered and wondered if it's worth doing something similar to 4 of our most deserving fans.

It could be videoed and shown on the big screen, club website and Facebook pages as part of your membership drive for this season.

Like LFC fans, there are many of us for whom CCM means so much more than just a football team / club. Games are a meeting point of community spirit and we are proud that our team represents our region on a National and International stage.

Also a great way for new players of the squad to be welcomed into our local community and to feel that they are part of a special family here on the Coast.

style_cafe

HI Shaun,
Early in the COE planning there was some talk about there being a clubroom in the Main building with a bar etc. where supporters could gather to watch away matches on a big screen.
Is this still going to be the case? or has it been mothballed?

Wombat

Apparently the beer at the Soccer 5 club house is pretty good I'm told. Maybe something could be made of that.

Shaun Mielekamp

HI Shaun,
Early in the COE planning there was some talk about there being a clubroom in the Main building with a bar etc. where supporters could gather to watch away matches on a big screen.
Is this still going to be the case? or has it been mothballed?
Yes this is still most definitely in the plans, however the timing may take a while. The key development issue surrounds the requirement of the DA for another set of lights to be put in at Ibis road entry (behind the 1/2 pitch access to Wyong road). If anyone can imagine another set of lights on Wyong road with a roundabout either side you can understand why this will take some time to get right. but once this is done then the green light for the hotel with the mariners pub at the bottom is all still very much in the master plan.

Big Al

Yes this is still most definitely in the plans, however the timing may take a while. The key development issue surrounds the requirement of the DA for another set of lights to be put in at Ibis road entry (behind the 1/2 pitch access to Wyong road). If anyone can imagine another set of lights on Wyong road with a roundabout either side you can understand why this will take some time to get right. but once this is done then the green light for the hotel with the mariners pub at the bottom is all still very much in the master plan.
10 sets of lights in the planning to mans rd and pacific hwy for the Lisarow to Narara section of the hwy upgrade from Ourimbah.
So should be a breeze getting more lights on Wyong road.

Lights are back in and all the rage again. Roundabouts being pulled for these additions.

Traffic becoming a problem no matter where you go.

You can refer them to this upgrade when they hesitate about more lights

dibo

I think the issue will be more the proximity of the proposed entrance at Ibis Rd to the existing intersection at Wyong Rd with Reliance and Bryant - it's only 270m or so, and there are complicated things in traffic flow that mean that lights that are too close together can generate tailbacks and all sorts of issues.

The intersection's light phasing would have to be carefully engineered to not screw up Wyong Rd. Add to that that you'd be wanting to add capacity to turn right to the northbound side of Wyong Rd from Ibis Rd, and that's also going to bugger up traffic flow. Wyong Rd is already "fun". That new intersection, while necessary for the project, wouldn't help.

It's not that it can't be done, but it takes a while and some painstaking work with traffic engineers and the RMS.

Oh, and the upgrade of the Pacific Highway between Lisarow and Narara has gone through about 14 concept plans and five years of consultations, and that's for improved traffic flow for an entire population rather than facilitating access to a business.

It's not an example I'd cite unless I were trying to prove that roadworks are hard work.

style_cafe

Thanks for the reply Shaun, sounds wonderful!!
However, In the mean time can we get a room in the office block with a big screen TV & a bar fridge so that we can gather for the
away games.:popcorn:
P.S. We`ll buy the beer.

NoDiggity

This comment is mainly for Shaun but I'd like to hear feedback from other fans and members too.

I drive past the stadium almost daily and it pains me to see absolutely no mariners signs or colours up, as a sponsor of the club myself I'd love to see at least a reminder to the central coast of the opening of membership renewals and maybe even banners for upcoming friendlies or our game against blacktown. The road must get at least 20 000 people driving past a day and it just seems a wasted opportunity. I know Facebook and social media is a great way to inform the coast of upcoming events for the club but there's a fair number of people who don't see that. A "renew membership" banner on the fence of the Mariners stadium will surely pay for itself tenfold.

Would be interested to hear input from anyone on this matter!

Coastalraider

Interested to hear Shaun's response, but I would imagine it would have a lot to do with ownership of the stadium. It's in the councils interest to promote home games on the billboard as they currently do, as the council receive venue hire fees and % of spend during the match day.
Pre season games at Pluim, and membership drives have no direct benefit to the council as a venue holder of the stadium, therefore would either not be permissible, or CCM would have to pay billboard/signage fees.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami