• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCM Fans and the club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tevor

I think Tamworth was mentioned too at some stage.
Lucky to get 2k to 3k of people to watch the game, even if free to play there that is not a huge money spinner. Canberra made sense with the population but understand why it wasn't a huge success. Not many other options that offer good money making potential IMO. Hate to say it but Nth Sydney has more potential than most regional areas. When you factor in travel costs etc best to just stick with CC Stadium,

JoyfulPenguin

Lucky to get 2k to 3k of people to watch the game, even if free to play there that is not a huge money spinner. Canberra made sense with the population but understand why it wasn't a huge success. Not many other options that offer good money making potential IMO. Hate to say it but Nth Sydney has more potential than most regional areas. When you factor in travel costs etc best to just stick with CC Stadium,
I think unless we have a deal where we are actually getting paid to do this, with absolutely every cost we have being covered it's simply not worth potentially alienating our fan base.

pjennings

I think unless we have a deal where we are actually getting paid to do this, with absolutely every cost we have being covered it's simply not worth potentially alienating our fan base.

Agree totally with what you say but it not only has to make sense from a financial sense but also from a fan sense. Shaun has mentioned how hard it is to get people backing up after a major game when we have back to back games, especially against low drawing teams. I hate the idea of NSO because it is basically less than 10kms from Allianz.

As a commuter, of which there are many, Thursday or Friday night games are a particular pain. If we had a situation where we had back to back games and the Thursday or Friday night game was against a low drawing team.

Friday night at Chatswood against a low drawing team would be ok if it was marketed well. Ground close to the station. Plenty of food and drink options around for before and after. If we have a W-League team, partly sourced from North Shore Mariners at Northbridge a doubleheader also is an option.

NSO and Chatswood Oval both have cricket pitches which is its own problem. Chatswood may need better lighting. If you had to pick between the two Chatswood has the potential to be a better choice. Shorter commute, closer to the station, food and drink choices for before or after the game, appropriate size for a small drawing opponent meaning a better atmosphere, potentially easier sell to another audience with North Shore Mariners based less than 5kms away.

Assuming double headers 5pm and 7:30pm you would be back at Gosford by train at 11:12pm. The same games at NSO and you arrive at Gosford at 00:12am the following day.

Wombat

Chatswood is just a joke.
Pikey has tried a novel idea. It didn't work and hurt the club and his standing in the eyes of many fans.
I like that he thinks outside of the box but he has lost money while attracting ridicule over the last 2 years with the travelling circus idea.
Time to focus on building a decent team that the blossoming Central Coast can be proud of.

pjennings

Chatswood is just a joke.
Pikey has tried a novel idea. It didn't work and hurt the club and his standing in the eyes of many fans.
I like that he thinks outside of the box but he has lost money while attracting ridicule over the last 2 years with the travelling circus idea.
Time to focus on building a decent team that the blossoming Central Coast can be proud of.

It was in response to an NSO game. Chatswood Oval is a better option than NSO because North Sydney is dead after 6pm.

A successful and winning team would also overcome any 'fan fatigue' that Shaun referred to. No one gets sick of winning!!

Last edited:

Timmah

The reasons for taking games to alternate venues are plain to see, but some people still refuse to accept them. Even when we get 5k crowds v out of town opposition because nobody on the Coast wants to turn up.

Mutually beneficial locations like Western NSW I think work, in a similar vein to the scum up the road using Coffs/Port etc.

Big Al

The reasons for taking games to alternate venues are plain to see, but some people still refuse to accept them. Even when we get 5k crowds v out of town opposition because nobody on the Coast wants to turn up.

Mutually beneficial locations like Western NSW I think work, in a similar vein to the scum up the road using Coffs/Port etc.
Fans want them in venues they feel less threatened about the club moving to IMO

style_cafe

In planning for next season I think it`s important for the club to have 3-4 trial matches at Gosford.
Let the fans see the team before the season starts.
Let us get to know the players, what they look like, how they play, what positions, numbers etc.
Let the active support build, try new songs as well.
It would also be a great chance to sign new members, get the kids interested, sell new season merchandise & to make a few dollars.
Over the last few seasons, we`ve definitely had a crap introduction to the season & it`s an area where the club needs a lot of improvement.

Big Al

In planning for next season I think it`s important for the club to have 3-4 trial matches at Gosford.
Let us get to know the players, what they look like, how they play, what positions, numbers etc.
It would also be a great chance to sign new members, get the kids interested, sell new season merchandise & to make a few dollars.
Over the last few seasons, we`ve definitely had a crap introduction to the season & it`s an area where the club needs a lot of improvement.
Or maybe not get knocked out of FFA cup in first round

Holy

Or maybe not get knocked out of FFA cup in first round
I trying not to get too ahead of myself in saying this but I would like to see winning the FFA Cup as one of the 1st goal set for the new squad.
Silverware back in the cabinet asap would certainly do wonders for the new era we are about to led upon

midfielder

Totally out of left field and maybe my weariness is getting to me [very long last two weeks work wise]... For the match or matches we must leave Gosford... what about Knox grammar if it meets A-League standards.

Why ...... its the area we need to grow, that zone within say 5 Kls of Hornsby, especially down the Pacific Highway side as the Pennant Hills Road heads somewhat towards WSW but equally clubs like Normanhurst are quite large.

I have always believe that the population just south east, south west, and north of Hornsby are as close as Wyong or there is not much in it. About 300K in population.

Also some of the parents at those GPS along the Pacific Highway have good contacts for sponsorship etc.

Last edited:

rbakersmith

Knox doesn't meet the NPL standards, let alone A-League standards. There's no way that you'd get adequate lighting and broadcast facilities set up for that field.

Timmah

I doubt the club wants to go to the expense of CCS, it's already prohibitive for playing a full season isn't it?

Pluim would do but needs good promotion, particularly via CCF's networks.

If the ground is available that is

scottmac

Suspended
With how many new players we will need to be getting id like to see every pre season game played at CCS. Expensive Yes but f**k it

Wombat

I doubt the club wants to go to the expense of CCS, it's already prohibitive for playing a full season isn't it?

Pluim would do but needs good promotion, particularly via CCF's networks.

If the ground is available that is

I watched the Mariners tonk Indonesia 5.0 at pluim park before a crowd of 5000 back when sasho and disco were formidable. This ground is perfect for the pre season games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred