• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCM Boys conquering the world

MagpieMariner

Wish I could speak Flemish. Looks like he was a bit lucky to keep the clean sheet though when the opposition guy lost his footing late on.
Thanks for putting up the clip.

midfielder

Atomic.... Thanks heaps for the vid and Matty is my bolter for the WC as he is the only keeper in Europe who is the first choice keeper...

Atomic

Very soft red.

And yes, I noticed the flag as well... it has to be of some comfort to him knowing that people actually care about his career. If I'm lucky enough to be in Brugge this season, I'll be swinging by to offer Maty some support.

Forum Phoenix

The undisputed star of the show so far for Australia has been Central Coast Mariners striker Duke, with Juric also impressing his coach.
On whether he could make the Brazil WC...
"Mitch Duke, he looks a very good prospect," Osieck said.
"I hope he keeps going. He is definitely a very promising player."

uXs

Wish I could speak Flemish. Looks like he was a bit lucky to keep the clean sheet though when the opposition guy lost his footing late on.
Thanks for putting up the clip.

Hello. I was there yesterday. Anything you want to know?

We were very lucky there at the end indeed, that was a totally incomprehensible miss.

Also, yes, very soft red. Especially for a guy who hasn't had a red card in like 10 years and averages less than 2 yellows per season. As a defensive midfielder. He missed more minutes yesterday than when playing for 3 years in Germany, in total. But that's Belgian refs for you, they're at best totally incompetent.

Ryan did get a yellow too, for timewasting. Total bullshit, because he wasn't, while the opposition goalkeeper had been wasting time from the first minute and didn't get anything except a warning. (Ryan didn't get a warning.)

MagpieMariner

Hello. I was there yesterday. Anything you want to know?

We were very lucky there at the end indeed, that was a totally incomprehensible miss.

Also, yes, very soft red. Especially for a guy who hasn't had a red card in like 10 years and averages less than 2 yellows per season. As a defensive midfielder. He missed more minutes yesterday than when playing for 3 years in Germany, in total. But that's Belgian refs for you, they're at best totally incompetent.

Ryan did get a yellow too, for timewasting. Total bullshit, because he wasn't, while the opposition goalkeeper had been wasting time from the first minute and didn't get anything except a warning. (Ryan didn't get a warning.)

G'day mate, welcome to the forum. Very happy to have you with us now that Club Brugge has become our favourite Belgian team! :)
Has our Maty got the job as #1 keeper, or is that still being worked out?
The highlights seemed to indicate a comparatively comfortable win. Was that the case?
We will be pleased to have your comments and feedback as the season progresses.

We'll send some of our Aussie refs over to you, they'll fit in very well. ;)

uXs

I was pretty sure that, even though the coach was saying it was still undecided, our previous #1 was going to start in goal for the first match. But he had been injured for a few weeks, so even though he was fully fit, he missed the last few practice games. That's why Ryan started, and Kujovic was on the bench.

Going forward, I don't see why he wouldn't start in the next game. You could argue that it's a EL game and that they'd want someone with more experience (= Kujovic), but if I'm not mistaken Ryan has been the #1 for you guys for a while so while young he does have plenty of match experience. It's not like he's an unproven talent like our 3rd keeper - who really should be loaned out this season but probably won't.

As for comfortable win, I'd say no. That dumbass red card really messed things up, and plenty of effort was needed to secure the win. We didn't create too many chances. On the other hand, the other team didn't either. That horrendous miss at the end of that video was pretty much the only chance they had during the entire game.

My feeling was that we really shouldn't have to spend this much effort to beat a crap team. Maybe without the red it would have been easier, I dunno.

MagpieMariner

Maty has been our #1 keeper for the past 3 years, played in 2 grand finals (you guys don't have them I know, but they're high pressure matches out here). He had a clean sheet the last grand final. He's been in all our Asian Champions League matches the past 3 years (10 from memory). He's been in our National squad a few times, and I think he's actually had game time with them. So yes, young but quite experienced, and against some class opposition too. He'll do OK for you.
Make sure you look after him for us, we'd like him back eventually. :)

Atomic

From what I gather this morning, Ollie scored a double overnight in a 3-2 win. Can someone elaborate on this please?

true believer

while were all here .can someone please tell me , why the hell didn't Sainsbury didn't get a run
in the east Asian cup . and how the hell north and zad-scum got 2 runs .
mooy ? got 1 . partalieu got 1 ?
is holger really an idiot ?

sydmariner

while were all here .can someone please tell me , why the hell didn't Sainsbury didn't get a run
u don't need 2 be Einstein 2 work that out

priorpeter

Was far from impressive in training from all accounts. Shame.

Roy Law

Was far from impressive in training from all accounts. Shame.
Pim Verbeek used to say the players have to 'show' themselves. Mile Jedinak kick started his Socceroo career by showing himself at an A League training squad; Verbeek was visibly impressed, and very surprised by what he saw from Mile. And Mile (that is EPL player Mile :) ) hasn't looked back since.
The scant reports from training while in Australia suggested that Duke was the one to show himself; Sainsbury make take a little longer to be comfortable at that level. What it does mean is that we can look forward to a fired up confident Dukey, and a Sainsbury motivated to prove himself an even better player than last year.:overheadl:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami