• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCM Boys conquering the world

scoober

Puts on tinfoil hat.. :tinfoilhat:

What if Dannys loan is really a trial with Shanghai and if he plays well they are going to sign him up? Or they just like him so much they make an offer CCM cannot refuse for a player on his last legs?
Whatever works is fine with me.

What I do find funny is that they paid coin and bought Bernie and he didn't play a second, but mcbreen who is on loan played the whole game...

iEatHands

What I do find funny is that they paid coin and bought Bernie and he didn't play a second, but mcbreen who is on loan played the whole game...

Hence my concern this may be more than just a trial? Either way Macca deserves his payday if he can get a permanent spot over there!

May have been loaned to see if he likes it/See if Matty still had the ability to play. Then if it's all clear give the go ahead with the transfer?

Big Al

Hence my concern this may be more than just a trial? Either way Macca deserves his payday if he can get a permanent spot over there!

May have been loaned to see if he likes it/See if Matty still had the ability to play. Then if it's all clear give the go ahead with the transfer?

Had a stack of half chances that he should have put away at least one of in the 1st outing.
Looks like he could score quite a few over there - Goodluck to him. we could have told them McBreen was better than Ibini but Ibini has a fair bit of upside to him.

Wouldn't begrude McBreen a payday if they offer it

eenfish

Had a stack of half chances that he should have put away at least one of in the 1st outing.
Looks like he could score quite a few over there - Goodluck to him. we could have told them McBreen was better than Ibini but Ibini has a fair bit of upside to him.

Wouldn't begrude McBreen a payday if they offer it

Totally agree. As much as I'd love McBreen around for another season, guy is long in the tooth and deserves one last chance to put in a few goals abroad. He can come back when he retires to coach the youngsters if he'd like.

eenfish

i think he should've bean picked in east asian cup squad regardless of how old he is he'd do well with keneddy up front

This is a good point, considering how many A-League players are in the squad and him being the golden boot winner and all.

Also shame about Musty, but i wouldn't read too much into it. The reserve teams are impromptu U23 squads and he is still a young lad. Dortmund probably still see his talent but don't wanna let him go to a 'liga 2 or lower 'liga 1 squad where he could fight for a starting spot, dunno why they don't just loan him though, I hear the lad likes it at Dortmund though so he probably would rather stick with the reserves.

eenfish

and he's on a 4 year deal so they're no doubt playing the long game with him

Undoubtedly, plus they are a very strong team with a very competitive development system, so it isn't like Mustafa is in an uncompetitive environment. Not that it hasn't happened before, but I don't see someone who had such great things written about him by scouts, pundits and experts (a couple I remember claimed he was by far the most technically gifted Australian prospect in years) becoming a flop failing to even break one first team appearance, albeit at a though club. I believe in Musty, he was a joy to watch.

Atomic

Slightly off topic... but congratulations to Duke for scoring for the Socceroos against Japan overnight

If you want to avoid watching Australia's poor defending, fast forward to 2:11

FFC Mariner

The overall performance was as poor as you would expect from #HolgerOut

Dukey was MoM by some distance. Incredible workrate, never stopped chasing. Lovely finish from what was effectively the 1st chance he has ever had in Green and Gold.

I tip him for the next one to head O/S

Atomic

Maty played 90 mins and kept a clean sheet in the first round of the Belgium league overnight. He doesn't feature in 10 minutes of highlights from the match, so I don't know how much he was tested. Hopefully his trademark distribution was up to his usual standard. His trademark goal celebrations, i.e. jumping on his team mates, hasn't lost any of it's joy. It also looks like he'll be playing in front of a good atmosphere at home.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred