• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Bullshite vs CCM away

style_cafe

I thought the one with handle bar moustache and tats was doing most of the perving.
He seemed to be enjoying the
Yes that was her,no front teeth...:thumbup:
It's ironic that we now need to be rooting for Adelaide to to the job over Sydney on Saturday night to put a 2nd finish back in our own destiny...
I hope Adelaide have a draw and a loss and miss out on the finals altogether... :popcorn:

onto it

Second goal, sweet shot, nice assist, but what the commentators missed was the beautiful floater over to Urena from Stens, great vision.

Urena schooled Milligan over and over.

Undefeated against the Meth ?
Absolutely, that was a perfect ball over. That started the whole move for our brilliant Urena and DDS.
For the last three games Stenz has been imperious. I can't remember anyone getting past him. Often he is beating two and three defenders at once.
He absolutely rules the midfield. Now the very smart forward runs are coming as well.
As good as he is, Ollie would be lost without Stenz to breach the gaps.

Coastalraider

I get all the froth about Urena. Fox love the bloke. He is so creative it’s crazy. But what is missed is how often he gets in positions to shoot, and baulks looking for options to set up, he is missing that cutthroat hunger that a striker should have. How often have you seen Berisha running around the top of the box looking for an assist? Now if that’s Urenas game, great, play him as a 10 and have Simon/Kuol in front. But it’s almost like he is wasting a striker role, by dropping so deep to create.

booney

I get all the froth about Urena. Fox love the bloke. He is so creative it’s crazy. But what is missed is how often he gets in positions to shoot, and baulks looking for options to set up, he is missing that cutthroat hunger that a striker should have. How often have you seen Berisha running around the top of the box looking for an assist? Now if that’s Urenas game, great, play him as a 10 and have Simon/Kuol in front. But it’s almost like he is wasting a striker role, by dropping so deep to create.
I understand what you are saying and as far as him hesitating to shoot I have had similar thoughts.However him dropping back between the lines confuses the opposition defenders and DMs and gives him the space to be creative.DDS also appears to have a roving role and and when he is at his best complements Urena's skills.

For those who can remember Postecoglu's Roarcelona sides Thomas Broich who was a brilliant creative player often looked to set up another player when he looked in position to shoot himself.Admittedly he was not picked as a striker so his role was to be deeper than we think Urena should be.

Anyway I am thankful we have Urena-he is really hitting his straps at the right end of the season.

Coastalraider

I understand what you are saying and as far as him hesitating to shoot I have had similar thoughts.However him dropping back between the lines confuses the opposition defenders and DMs and gives him the space to be creative.DDS also appears to have a roving role and and when he is at his best complements Urena's skills.

For those who can remember Postecoglu's Roarcelona sides Thomas Broich who was a brilliant creative player often looked to set up another player when he looked in position to shoot himself.Admittedly he was not picked as a striker so his role was to be deeper than we think Urena should be.

Anyway I am thankful we have Urena-he is really hitting his straps at the right end of the season.
Totally agree, but my point was he is an international goal scoring striker, and we are using him as a creative 10. He’s brilliant at it, but for a guy who made a career o of scoring goals, he gets damn timid around the box. If he combines the 2 we are going deep into the finals.

Tevor

Totally agree, but my point was he is an international goal scoring striker, and we are using him as a creative 10. He’s brilliant at it, but for a guy who made a career o of scoring goals, he gets damn timid around the box. If he combines the 2 we are going deep into the finals.
I don’t think he is a striker, more a 10 however the best we could get so we use him as a striker.

Huddo

I think he's a forward not a striker, but we've had this discussion at the start of the year and no-one got anywhere.
The issue I feel is the minor contributions to goals of the peripheral scorers, we need more threat in the mid. the more midfielders/defenders that are attempting the shot, the more the opposition defence will have to push out, and the more Marco will be able to exploit the situation.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

I don’t think he is a striker, more a 10 however the best we could get so we use him as a striker.
I'd say a 10 - he can absolutely set them up, but put him in front of goals himself.....well.....that outcome has been very underwhelming. Wonder what it is that stops him putting them away. The number of times he's had a great opportunity and not come close to scoring, you wouldn't think he had a decent scoring background. A few times when he's taken the wrong option too - stopped when he should've kept going.

I wonder if it's a mindgame with his scoring this season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami