• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Bosnich a Mariner ?????

Ted

I was chatting with one of the players today at our training session and it was mentioned that Bozza will most likely be the final signing for this season.

dub

bulldogmariner said:
trust me not much has been happening bozza is only on trail and no contract talk has really happened as of yet.
The gaffer hasnt made a final decision
Mark has been offered a 8 week contract before he left London and CCM wanted to see him for two weeks prior to start of the season which end today and if they liked what he has done they will sign the contract Mark would have already signed therefore 8weeks for 5 weeks when Danny is off and 3 weeks prior.

Blackadder

MarinaTed said:
I was chatting with one of the players today at our training session and it was mentioned that Bozza will most likely be the final signing for this season.

What about a injury replacement for Gumps?

Ted

Blackadder said:
MarinaTed said:

What about a injury replacement for Gumps?

Didn't really mention it TBH mate, only said they had sufficient depth and Gumpy was devastated with his injury.

BiggusMickus

What's going on with us signing Bozza - still all up in the air apparently....

http://sportal.com.au/Football-news-display/bosnich-in-limbo-54330

Former Australian, Manchester United and Chelsea goalkeeper Mark Bosnich is still no closer to clinching a deal with the Central Coast as the kick-off to the Hyundai A-League season fast approaches.

The Mariners want Bosnich, albeit on a short-team arrangement, and the veteran gloveman is keen for a re-start his career after five years in exile.

But negotiations appear to have stalled just days out from the beginning of the 2008/9 season.

Central Coast is keen to use Bosnich when Danny Vukovic's five-match ban begins later this month, but there are no plans to sign him long-term.

"At best we'd be looking at a replacement for Danny for five weeks," Mariners coach Lawrie McKinna said at Monday's A-League season launch.

"The club will be speaking to his (Bosnich's) management this week to sort it out."

"Mark's been great. He's been loud, he's been good for the dressing room and the two trial games he's played he's been outstanding."

"He played 80 minutes against Sydney and 30 against Queensland and did a great job."

"I didnt know him from a bar of soap but to see a 36-year-old with nothing to prove throwing himself around like a 16-year-old shows the guy's a winner."

"That's why he played at the highest level."

Bosnich looked fitful when paraded before the cameras at the season launch, abruptly ending a pre-arranged interview before explaining where contract negotiations sat.

"It's a pleasure being back in Australia. I'm really looking forward to hopefully participating in the Hyundai A-League," he said.

"Since I've been back there's been a fantastic warm welcome that I've had from everybody and hopefully everything will take care of itself and all systems."

"I'm really looking forward to the opening weekend just as a general supporter of Australian soccer and it's great to see since the time that I've been away that the league has come up to this standard."

Asked how he is fitting in with Lawrie McKinna's men he said: "The people at the Central Coast have been absolutely fantastic to me and that includes the locals as well as people like (executive chairman) Lyall Gorman and (part-owner) Peter Turnbull."

"The manager and everybody else have been absolutely fantastic."

New A-League franchise Gold Coast has expressed interest in Bosnich if the Mariners decide against stitching up a long-term deal with the former international.

Bex

Probably waiting for the Olympics to finish before announcing the signing. Too much "noise" in the sports media at the moment. The first two games are Danny's anyway, so they could actually keep making news of the fact he hasn't signed with anyone for a couple of weeks and build the tension.

Or perhaps they just can't agree to terms yet and its all in the balance for us ???

dub

goingtoadisco said:
Bex said:
Probably waiting for the Olympics to finish before announcing the signing. Too much "noise" in the sports media at the moment.

id say your on the money there.
Yes its about money alright its always about the money when people sign contracts same as Yorke agents want to get in on the act.
The club wants a player for nothing, but I think with Mark there is no problem Marketing such a product if you signed him. 
We may have more swallows going north next week it may be a better summer there especially if he has mates there?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred