• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Blutongue Debacle

~Floss~

serious14 said:
Floss, which clown wrote this article??  If it was Dick No-one, honestly....... I may be so angry as to adopt a fine Australian tradition and write a letter to the editor.  :eek:

Emma Herd:
http://express-advocate-gosford.whereilive.com.au/news/story/play-ball-or-lose-bookings/

Website has only the article, without the front cover headline or the extra little "timeline" summary thing that accompanied the story. However, I did notice on the link above you can post comments...

The timeline bit was funny, basically summarised the history of BT's poor surface into:
- Groundstaff hopeful the surface can recover after it was labelled a "Goat Track" by a Rugby League radio commentator on one occasion
- CCM vs Syd match deferred after wet weather
- Unseasonal weather variations this year have made it difficult for groundstaff to make the transition from winter to summer grass varieties.

... Makes note of one RL radio commentator criticising the surface, but nothing about the 11 matches this regualr season that the FoxSports commentary team have mentioned it on live broadcast, pre-match & post-match shows, FoxSports FC, also on numerous radio programs, magazines and websites (repeatedly)... The real shame should be the bad press this is giving BT, the CC and GCC, and the crowds being turned away.

serious14

I remember reading an Advocate issue a couple of weeks ago (we were in the line at Cold Rock, nothing else to read there), and I couldn't help but notice that the same three journo's wrote 98% of the stories in the paper.  I hardly think we're going to get a more sensible viewpoint until such a thing is rectified......

Alicia

~Floss~ said:
serious14 said:
Floss, which clown wrote this article??  If it was Dick No-one, honestly....... I may be so angry as to adopt a fine Australian tradition and write a letter to the editor.  :eek:

Emma Herd:
http://express-advocate-gosford.whereilive.com.au/news/story/play-ball-or-lose-bookings/

Website has only the article, without the front cover headline or the extra little "timeline" summary thing that accompanied the story. However, I did notice on the link above you can post comments...

The timeline bit was funny, basically summarised the history of BT's poor surface into:
- Groundstaff hopeful the surface can recover after it was labelled a "Goat Track" by a Rugby League radio commentator on one occasion
- Unseasonal weather variations this year have made it difficult for groundstaff to make the transition from winter to summer grass varieties.

... Makes note of one RL radio commentator criticising the surface, but nothing about the 11 matches this regualr season that the FoxSports commentary team have mentioned it on live broadcast, pre-match & post-match shows, FoxSports FC, also on numerous radio programs, magazines and websites (repeatedly)... The real shame should be the bad press this is giving BT, the CC and GCC, and the crowds being turned away.

ROFL... her husband works at the Sun Weekly

FFC Mariner

Well the Express is part of the evil empire isnt it?

Murdoch owns the NRL and all his little poodles know to toe the party line and promote a dying game.

One day comrades, one glorious day and ...........................

dibo

Alicia said:
~Floss~ said:
serious14 said:
Floss, which clown wrote this article??   If it was Dick No-one, honestly....... I may be so angry as to adopt a fine Australian tradition and write a letter to the editor.  :eek:

Emma Herd:

i think she was in my year at school.

Alicia

dibo said:
Alicia said:
~Floss~ said:
serious14 said:

Emma Herd:

i think she was in my year at school.

Her husband was in my year at school...

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Parramatta Eels chief executive Denis Fitzgerald criticised the councils decision, which he said wouldnt favour future NRL matches on the Central Coast.

I think it would make, not just us but all NRL teams, wary of dealing with Gosford Council in the future, Fitzgerald said.

Some people may know that in a previous life I was a bit of an EEL fan...BUT....after that ridiculous attempt at a threat, that knob Fitzgerald can go get f**ked, does he really think that the NRL is that almightly, that his pedantic little pissy whinge's / threats are gonna make GCC cower in a corner...NO WONDER HE LOST CONTROL OF HIS OWN BOARD...f'n nitwit

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred