• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Blutongue Debacle

dibo

offtheball said:
dibo said:
Isn't the problem that there is a grass virus? That means that resurfacing may well be the only option (though I know fark all about horticulture). If that is the only option, when do you do it? Do we punt our club's big stage AFC CL matches off to the SFS, Parramatta or worse, Newcastle? Otherwise the place doesn't actually have a really long break until June.

Blaming council is easy, but as has been said it's the stadium managers that have staff employed to keep it in some sort of nick. Whoever has been paid to paint the surface green is presumably the person whose job it is to otherwise look after it. I can't imagine possible universes where the club hasn't made their views known in pretty frank terms to the stadium managers, but this doesn't mean the problem can be fixed instantly, particularly if resurfacing is the only cure.

They resurfaced the strip down the middle of the pitch just before new year I think. They should have done the whole pitch then. They took the cheap option.

Why would council sub contract the ground maintenance? Surely they have the staff to do a better, cheaper job.

as i understand it and as has been said (repeatedly), council don't run the stadium. the stadium managers run it. council have nothing to do with it, they just basically own the joint.

FFC Mariner

Hmmmmmmmm

We wont/cant spend big $$ on players and a major stakeholder cant/wont invest in keeping the ground at the level of a council oval.

Conspiracy theory or mere coincidence?

midfielder

FFC Mariner said:
Hmmmmmmmm

We wont/cant spend big $$ on players and a major stakeholder cant/wont invest in keeping the ground at the level of a council oval.

Interesting question ... any proof of either or gut feel.

FFC Mariner

midfielder said:
FFC Mariner said:
Hmmmmmmmm

2+2 = 7 probably but any half decent tabloid journo would get a story based on less lol Especially if you throw in the 1st love of the knuckledraggers angle.

dibo

FFC Mariner said:
midfielder said:
FFC Mariner said:
Hmmmmmmmm

2+2 = 7 probably but any half decent tabloid journo would get a story based on less lol Especially if you throw in the 1st love of the knuckledraggers angle.

it makes for an interesting theory but i don't reckon there'd be a lot in it (not that i think you hold it to be a likely thing).

the turf itself would appear to be beyond the club's control - they're not controlling the stadium yet. the club is being conservative at the moment on signings (possibly to our detriment) but as always we have to wait to see how the side being put together actually performs.

i think they're in a conservative, consolidating phase where they're trying to tie down the loose ends in preparation for the bigger moves - taking over the stadium management, taking over CCF, building the club tuggerah complex.

FFC Mariner

Agree 100% - I suspect they are considering the clubs viability over 10+ years and not chasing "instant" success at the price of bankrupting the place.

Especially given the business conditions over the rest of 2009.

I expect the pitch is probably down to poor management (by BT) and nothing more

dibo

Countryhick said:
Are they definitely taking over running of CCF?

i've never heard anything official, but i've hard way too much 'man in the pub' stuff for there not to be something in the wind.

dougie

Common sense prevails..... the NRL trial at Bluetongue Stadium has been relocated to Campbelltown

http://express-advocate-gosford.whereilive.com.au/news/story/play-ball-or-lose-bookings/

W

Wilson

Also just heard today that Bluetongue has just been re-dressed and that the ACL game is in serious doubt...Straight from LM himself not happy!!!

FFC Mariner

Watching Spurs v Hull this morning and thought about the pitch.

Ground is shared with RL and the pitch was fantastic even though mid winter in uk.

We have no farken excuse whatsover

marinermick

FFC Mariner said:
Watching Spurs v Hull this morning and thought about the pitch.

Ground is shared with RL and the pitch was fantastic even though mid winter in uk.

We have no farken excuse whatsover

lol, and we have far superior growing conditions

ponno

interesting... at least it sounds like the council have their prioritys right...
would be really bad if the game was moved... it would be a massive blow for football on the coast....

serious14

From the article - I think it would make, not just us but all NRL teams, wary of dealing with Gosford Council in the future, Fitzgerald said.

Good.  F*ck off then.  We don't want you here.

ponno

i did wanna watch the parra trial ..i am a fan.... but not on our already fragile pitch... woy woy oval would have been just fine...

offtheball

serious14 said:
From the article - ‘‘I think it would make, not just us but all NRL teams, wary of dealing with Gosford Council in the future,’’ Fitzgerald said.

We do if The Mariners take over the rights  and want to make a quid from it. Half a dozen league games a year, in our off season should make no difference to the surface

serious14

offtheball said:
serious14 said:
From the article - ‘‘I think it would make, not just us but all NRL teams, wary of dealing with Gosford Council in the future,’’ Fitzgerald said.

We do if The Mariners take over the rights  and want to make a quid from it. Half a dozen league games a year, in our off season should make no difference to the surface

If they wanna make a "quid" from it they're in the wrong country.  ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred