• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Blutongue Debacle

clarence

How f**king hard is it to lay turf down in the middle of summer and nurse some growth on it? For a professional groundsperson this should be a piece of piss instead of a soap opera!

If it was -20 celsius and ice burning the growth I'd have some understanding, but being unable to grow grass - in Australia - in summer - is farcical.

If we have to move the ACL match or the AFC forces a forfeit, fair dinkum there had better be the groundsperson's head hanging from the bridge next to the stadium the next day!

FFC Mariner

So wonder what Singo has to say about all this?

He owns the rights, its ultimately his f**k up  :redcard:

ps - nice up to date picture from the shit box local paper - thats the rained off Bling game farken

clarence

FFC Mariner said:
So wonder what Singo has to say about all this?

He owns the rights, its ultimately his f**k up

His balls (overworked over the years I might add) will be next to the groundsperson's head on the bridge.

He set up the Bluetongue Stadium Management company probably to keep it at arms' length from him personally should something like our worse case scenario, happen, I guess.

Arabmariner

clarence said:
For a professional groundsperson this should be a piece of piss instead of a soap opera!
Exactly.

I'm beginning to think they actually don't have a professional groundsman and just hope for the best.

dibo

the comparison earlier to hull is a bit misleading for two reasons - first is that in the uk they get steady rain through the year, the second is that in purpose built stadiums like this, there is significant work put into the undersoil stuff.

isn't it the case that bluetongue is essentially a suburban oval with some pretty grandstands on the sides? i was getting the train past it every day back in 99 when they were building it and i don't remember them doing a bunch of work on the undersoil side of things.

offtheball

dibo said:
the comparison earlier to hull is a bit misleading for two reasons - first is that in the uk they get steady rain through the year, the second is that in purpose built stadiums like this, there is significant work put into the undersoil stuff.

isn't it the case that bluetongue is essentially a suburban oval with some pretty grandstands on the sides? i was getting the train past it every day back in 99 when they were building it and i don't remember them doing a bunch of work on the undersoil side of things.

Seeing they have a million litres of tank water under the stands I can't see regular rainfall being an issue.

There was a significant drainage system put in, stuffed by motor bikes but according to some repaired.

So is it poor growing conditions (same conditions that see every suburban ground being mowed twice a week)

Too much usage (12 games and some carols is a big ask)

A virus?

Broken drainage system. Taken 3 years to fix.

I'm afraid it is about time to bite the bullet. Transfer  the game on the 11th of March and resurface the whole ground, whilst there is still good growing weather so we don't lose the other two games as well.

~Floss~

I have also heard - could be an urban myth or exaggeration - that the FA requires all EPL grounds to have underground heating (to melt snow), at a cost to the clubs of "millions" (??).
Whether true or not, given England's climate and the money involved, you would expect the standard of drainage etc in these pitches to be worlds apart from BT's busted garden-hose.

~Floss~

Hopefully the answer is to enclose the stadium better (higher, steeper sides and increased roof area)

Arabmariner

~Floss~ said:
I have also heard - could be an urban myth or exaggeration - that the FA requires all EPL grounds to have underground heating (to melt snow), at a cost to the clubs of "millions" (??).
Whether true or not, given England's climate and the money involved, you would expect the standard of drainage etc in these pitches to be worlds apart from BT's busted garden-hose.
Don't know the rules in the epl but I do know all spl clubs are required to have undersoil heating.Most of these clubs have had undersoil heating for over 20 years.

happy

Arabmariner said:
~Floss~ said:
Don't know the rules in the epl but I do know all spl clubs are required to have undersoil heating.Most of these clubs have had undersoil heating for over 20 years.

German Bundesliga clubs are required to have underground heating. to have one is an essential requirement in the licensing process.

FFC Mariner

as I was in the ground leading up to the postponement, I believe that 99mm of that fell on me in about 10 minutes.

Was like being under a waterfall

~Floss~

Cover of the paper is a disgrace: "Mariners more important than league"

No, one of three scheduled international fixtures is more important than a pre-season trial match, regardless of code.

If the situation was reversed (a meaningless Mariners trial & an international League match), you'd expect the Mariners to be moved to Pluim or Budgie.

serious14

~Floss~ said:

No, one of three scheduled international fixtures is more important than a pre-season trial match, regardless of code.

F*ckin' A we are you knuckle dragging c*nts.  F*ck me, I wish NRL would just piss off and die.  Useless f*cking sport.  :fireup:  They're so shitscared of us and how big we're going to be they're still resorting to the usual scare tactics.  *sniff*  SMELL THAT ALL PERVASIVE FEAR BOYS!!!

I wonder which the stadium would prefer - a game broadcast to literally, hundreds of millions of people and the business opportunities that abound from such a thing (Tourism NSW would be mad to not get on board with these games), or a trial match that will f*ck up the pitch even more, not be broadcast anywhere, and the result of which won't even be reported in a paper outside of NSW or QLD.

Floss, which clown wrote this article??  If it was Dick No-one, honestly....... I may be so angry as to adopt a fine Australian tradition and write a letter to the editor.  :eek:

Sean

~Floss~ said:

If the situation was reversed (a meaningless Mariners trial & an international League match), you'd expect the Mariners to be moved to Pluim or Budgie.

Is that title facetious? or is it just highlighting the stadiums priority?

dibo

The Mariners *are* more important than league. The Mariners play at least 11 games a year at home. From this coming season we're going to be playing at least 13 games a year at home. For our three AFC CL home games we're going to be televised to an entire continent and more. The Mariners are paying the bills for the stadium, so they should be given priority.

Compare that to rugby league. They throw out a couple of bones for rugby league supporters on the Central Coast with some trial matches or occasionally a Sydney side will move a low-drawing premiership match to Gosford in the hope that the sheer novelty of it will draw a bigger gate than might be the case playing the match in Sydney.

The stadium was built for them FFS - remember the Central Coast Bears? They got the NSW Government and Gosford City Council to throw $30 million at getting a team in Gosford, only to throw the beagles at them instead. They should be grateful that they ever get to use the ground, given the complete disrespect they've shown the place. If they ever use the ground in future it should be on the Mariners' and the FFA's terms as the first full-time tenants of the ground.

ponno

I reckon serious you should fire up a letter to the editor.... it is frustrating reading every article in NSW papers that supports NRL and puts down football.... maybe rebecca wilson wrote the article????

Jesus

Jesus
They wont move the ACl matches. They are worth too much money to the coast, yet alone football on the coast. This is the biggest showcase of the central coast in history around asia.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred