• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Bay16 and Behaviour Towards Women

Timmah

Exactly. I'm a fan of both the Mariners and the Bulldogs and I simply take offence to the sentiment. As a fan of the latter I've had to cop a lot of sh*t about our fans' actions and to have further bad light cast on the sport is grossly unfair.

Hahaha. Its the players in Rugby League that have a bad attiude towards females.
That's a big generalisation to make.

B

bakery5

Timmah said:
Exactly. I'm a fan of both the Mariners and the Bulldogs and I simply take offence to the sentiment. As a fan of the latter I've had to cop a lot of sh*t about our fans' actions and to have further bad light cast on the sport is grossly unfair.

Hahaha. Its the players in Rugby League that have a bad attiude towards females.

Bulldogs fan hey  ::) Do I need to say more?

dibo

bakery5 said:
Timmah said:

Bulldogs fan hey  ::) Do I need to say more?

f**king yawn - i know plenty of bulldogs fans (am not one myself, dragons man me) and most of them aren't complete c**ts.

EastEnder

nomes said:
EastEnder said:
"women's a-league starts next year that these players are not treated with such disrespect and contempt"

There's a full on womens aleague starting next year? Jesus they'll be lucky to get a crowd let alone a terrace singing.

i beg to differ, last season i played for central coast so was travelling to play and the crowds we got were pretty good.
why do u think people wouldnt want to go and watch women play football?
we are often better players then the men.
that comment was totally unneccessary.

Women's team sports doesn't get good crowds, what were you getting watching you play? I'm not saying it's a good thing that they dont get crowds I'm pointing out that they most probably won't. So the comment isn't unnecessary as it is my opinion. I guess we can revisit this subject next year, care to estimate what the crowd average will be?

Pokes

I have no problem with what is said at the games. Admittedly, when I went to my first A-League game I was a bit shocked...however its's really not that big a deal...

People who are worried about women and children hearing some swearing?

1. I have heard what disgusting language comes out of a 12 year olds mouth these days. Its worse than my alcoholic uncle.

2. The stupid stereotype that women are all innocent and shouldn't hear swearing. Yes, ok...maybe don't take her out on a first date and go "F**k me, that waiter was a bit of a c**t wasn't he?". But going to a game? Its expected you'll hear some language, watch alcohol being consumed, and come home with a tiny bit less hearing than you had when you left home.

3. If the parents are concerned about what happens at the games, they should supervise their children. Sit with them during the game and not let them wander around.

But all that being said? In Bay 16...you also get a lot of laughs, celebratory hugs, and the whole atmosphere really is amazing. We're not all bad. You don't see us throwing bottles, starting fights with other Marinators or anything like that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred