• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Australia's most sponsored sporting club

rooboy91

marinermick said:
He said the figures will certainly make them the most backed A-League club and possibly the most sponsored sporting club in Australia's history!

Pretty sure the Sydney Swans have more than 200 sponsors...

S

striker

kevrenor said:
A staff member was carrying on at work yesterday about the money to be spent on AFL out at Blacktown by the state government. Turns to me for support and asks " ... the government shouldn't spend money like that on sporting facilities ....  I say, I don't know my team plays out of one largely funded by the government at Gosford - money very well spent!  :pirashoot:

IMO the proposed money for AFL out west is a total waste..... The Gov has a fair bit of money allocated for sporting facilities, and that's why Gosford should try to get some of it asap before they piss it off on AFL facilities....

Dibo - you know the heritage regs better them me  - so what happens if the trees are replanted across the road closer to the bay- would they loose heritage status?  .... ??

SNOWMARINER

Geez I start thinking about things and click on the site and people are already talking the same stuff. I think if the money is there then an expansion of the stadium is a great idea. Honestly I would hate to lose the unique look of the stadium by closing in the south side. I think a second tier around the northern end linking the west and eastern stands would provide a reasonable amount of extra seating and really all that could be considered viable financially at this stage anyway.

The time will come when we need a new, bigger stadium and look foward to the day but don't envisage it happening in the near future. Unless ofcourse we win the ACL and a multi national company wants to build us a mega state of the art stadium as part of a sponsorship deal.

I know the perfect place. Lake munmorah (haha) one minute from home would be ideal. Glad to hear they are planning to build a training facility up my way atleast.

~Floss~

What about the supposed "$20Million" that the ACL is apparently going to earn for the Central Coast?

More importantly, who decides how it i spent?

As for the stadium, the only ways I can see extending it to 30k would involve combinations of some or all of the following:
- No more RL or RU matches (no dead-ball line allows the fences to be brought closer to the goals)
- Relocate the bowlers to Leagues Club Park, Baker St, or some other alternate site (and compensate for / fund the relocation)
- Remodel the east & west stands (not ideal)
- Knock-down & rebuild the whole north end (steep, double-tier)

...BUT, looking to the future it may not be too long before we're saying the same things about a 30K stadium (10yrs is not long in the life of a stadium) - especially with ACL and WC talk, 40K would be required to host matches. You'd hate to do all that work to squeeze 28-30k in, then miss out on hosting 2018WC matches, and still be paying for the too-small stadium.

marinermick

rooboy91 said:
marinermick said:
He said the figures will certainly make them the most backed A-League club and possibly the most sponsored sporting club in Australia's history!

Pretty sure the Sydney Swans have more than 200 sponsors...

most sponsored in terms of dollars

i think that the west coast eagles own that title at the moment

Andy

marinermick said:
Did anyone watch NBN news tonight?

They had Peter Turnbull saying that the club will announce two major sponsors in the next couple of days.

F*cking great stuff!

I remember reading we were on par with Melbourne just before the season but to hear that news is brilliant!

marinersman

I remember listening to Lyall early in the season on "Football Fever" on 2KY saying that our sponsorship this season is worth $3.1m and that we had the highest sponsorship in the HAL.

Jocwa08

rosko said:
striker #9 said:
rosko said:
That is great to hear that a NRL official is stating that the Central Coast is now 'Football' heartland.. The Mariners are the best thing to happen on the sporting front for the Coast.. It would be great to see massive crowds for every game next year. Everyone needs to get behind the Asian games too...  :pirashoot: :pirashoot: :pirashoot:

an extension to the stadium might be needed ?  what you think?

It has been discussed elsewhere on the forum for calls of extending the stadium.. It would be great to see a roof and second level at the Northern end of the ground..

Me and my mates have had many convo's bout this,
i say get f*cked to the train station and bowling club
and expand behind there.
I dunno where else an extension could go.

Rowdy

2 birds, 1 stone.
Build Stadium Northern End w/ train tunnel running underneath.

Engineering wise don't know how it would cope with the constant rumbling of trains going through it 24/7 over time, but hey have ya seen some of that shit the Chinese are building on the Discovery channel  :eek:

Extend a platform or build a 'walk link' to the station either alongside the tunnel or on top of it.
Easy exit for train travelling fans and we get our massive Northern End.

cruiser

Correct me if I'm wrong but havent we only sold out BS once, being the last SF? I think it might be a bit premature to be talking about expansion. At the moment I'm just looking forward to selling out and filling every Mariners game at BS as it is currently.

fish

dreams are what sunday is about mate.
while were flying lets have more of them.TBH I cant really ever see them putting a roof over it purely for the cost of it.The stadium has had very little occupation aside from the Mariners and the Carols.

Rowdy

cruiser said:
Correct me if I'm wrong but havent we only sold out BS once, being the last SF? I think it might be a bit premature to be talking about expansion. At the moment I'm just looking forward to selling out and filling every Mariners game at BS as it is currently.

Hey, hey, hey........what's with the BS! Our stadium's NOT Bull Shit  ;)

We've had 3 games in a row that were 'deemed-close' to sell-outs.

S

striker

Rowdy said:

......... the northern end could be redeveloped by adding a second level fully covered with private boxes and convention facilities behind the stadium right next to a new station.... that would mean pissing off the bowling club, but who cares?

......... the east and west stands could also be remodeled eg. take away the current private boxes and extend the seating and improve the roof to cover the bottom level as well...

(it might be costly but eventually the cost can be recovered  50 -60 years)

Omni

you could always have the "new station" at the grassy area now, a tunnel going from where the train would stop to inside the ground, through ticketing gates for the stadium of course, and have trains stop there only on event days.

It'd be good to have CCM's office actually AT Bluetounge one day!

marinermick

striker #9 said:
Rowdy said:

......... the northern end could be redeveloped by adding a second level fully covered with private boxes and convention facilities behind the stadium right next to a new station.... that would mean pissing off the bowling club, but who cares?

......... the east and west stands could also be remodeled eg. take away the current private boxes and extend the seating and improve the roof to cover the bottom level as well...

(it might be costly but eventually the cost can be recovered  50 -60 years)

yeah, the bowling green would have to go

you can could then build proper ticketing boxes, extra exits, and facilities for storage and merchandise that the stadium severely lacks

heck, you could even keep the actual licenced bar of the bowling club - now that would be cool

serious14

Most sponsored club??    In the view of some that makes us a pack of dirty sellouts...... oh my.  Still, guess it's better to have 20 than one, yes??

Timmah

Cruiser... while we haven't had pre-match sellouts bar the semi just gone, we have had two games I think where the crowd nudged the 19k mark... one of them a ground record from memory. Three all up in that vicinity I think.

S

striker

marinermick said:
you can could then build proper ticketing boxes, extra exits, and facilities for storage and merchandise that the stadium severely lacks

heck, you could even keep the actual licenced bar of the bowling club - now that would be cool

Yep..... entrances/exits would have to meet the FIFA specs..... (hope Beth Morgan is employed to approve the project)

The booze licence would have to sray - of course....

P.s.  I just found out that SFS does not fully meet the FIFA specs !  ..any one know how many of AUS stadiums comply?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred