• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Australia's most sponsored sporting club

rosko

That is great to hear that a NRL official is stating that the Central Coast is now 'Football' heartland.. The Mariners are the best thing to happen on the sporting front for the Coast.. It would be great to see massive crowds for every game next year. Everyone needs to get behind the Asian games too...  :pirashoot: :pirashoot: :pirashoot:

S

striker

rosko said:
That is great to hear that a NRL official is stating that the Central Coast is now 'Football' heartland.. The Mariners are the best thing to happen on the sporting front for the Coast.. It would be great to see massive crowds for every game next year. Everyone needs to get behind the Asian games too...  :pirashoot: :pirashoot: :pirashoot:

an extension to the stadium might be needed ?  what you think?

cruiser

midfielder said:
Mate told me yesterday on Thursday last week he was listening to a Sydney radion station and they interviewed the CEO of the  Manly rugby league club. Asked him about the crowd they might get and he said don't expect us to get anywhere near what the Mariners get. The announancer taken back a bit said but its league heartland. To which the CEO replied used to be league is now number two on the Central Coast,  soccer is now number one up there.
The NRL only have themselves to blame for this after having neglected, underestimated and misunderstood the Central Coast for too long. That they continue to do so even after the success and popularity of the Mariners is just baffling.

rosko

striker #9 said:
rosko said:

It has been discussed elsewhere on the forum for calls of extending the stadium.. It would be great to see a roof and second level at the Northern end of the ground..

dibo

striker #9 said:
rosko said:

i remember you were knocking the idea of extending it just a few short months ago.  ;D

an extension would be a viable option i think if there were another tenant, simply to ensure there were more event days to deliver a return on the extra investment. a new north stand on the model of the east and west stands would only add another couple of thousand seats. if we wanted to bump capacity up to 25-30k we'd probably need a new ground.

S

striker

dibo said:
i remember you were knocking the idea of extending it just a few short months ago.  ;D

yea i know - i like building and construction.... we come, we see, we concrete!

The site can be redeveloped to a conservative 28 K capacity.  Need to redesign the rear of east and west stands and continue the style on all four sides.....might be costly, but given, this is local government owned site, The NSW Gov might be prepared to invest in the area.

FFC Mariner

If they use the same mob that did Bathurst Hospital, they will either build on the pitch or one of the stands will face the wrong way :)

dibo

striker #9 said:
dibo said:

The site can be redeveloped to a conservative 28 K capacity.  Need to redesign the rear of east and west stands and continue the style on all four sides.....might be costly, but given, this is local government owned site, The NSW Gov might be prepared to invest in the area.

what sort of redesign are we talking?

and don't forget that the southern end is off-limits (the road and the heritage listed palms are do-not-touch items) and there's a pretty major railway line at the north-western corner that the stadium is already pinched against (look at those corner bays next time you're up there - it's quite truncated).

i'd love to see the full 3 side job done, but i can't see it being feasible...

kevrenor

striker #9 said:
dibo said:

A staff member was carrying on at work yesterday about the money to be spent on AFL out at Blacktown by the state government. Turns to me for support and asks " ... the government shouldn't spend money like that on sporting facilities ....  I say, I don't know my team plays out of one largely funded by the government at Gosford - money very well spent!  :pirashoot:

A steeper north end stand with roof (not sure what can be done about the bowlers) and a third level on the West and east stands .... b ig money though.

I think we will have to hope for the once off grand final in Sydney, and put up with near sell outs each week - wouldn't that be grand!  :grouphug:

Timmah

lol, fancy the Jets being sponsored by a Market 3 hours drive away...

Knowing Business Central Coast first hand (I was part of the travelling party that went to Orange for the Roar Pre-Season match), I can assure you they'll remain our principal sponsor next year. What happens after that I don't know... perhaps Rebel or AA are taking a back seat?

FFC Mariner

I think that the redevelopment had to make allowance for the bowling club???

The obvious move is to build over the top of them but I suspect that the original planning permission had some sort of deal in it for them

We need to get that Wollongong woman (of ICAC fame) on the case. She would fix it :)

universalmind

interesting is the talk about a brewery sponsorship. Albeit second hand news, i heard that we turned down a $1.3 mil sponsorship agreement from an alcoholic beverage company because of the fact we were a community based club. Lyall and the club didnt want kids wearing jerseys promoting alcohol.

Jesus

Jesus
Originally there was suggetsions to build the stadium at kariong. Would have been plenty of room for expansion

Timmah

God no. Lack of public transport infrastructure for one, the fact that it's designed for festivals, and now there'll be a high school. The Central Coast visitors centre just opened up there too.

Jesus

Jesus
Yeah, but all the transport stuff was going to be done if the stadium went there, there would also be no chance of the school being there now if it had the stadium i believe

tyson

Id love a steeper end. We can be the true kop end because our team wins premierships.

We really need some sort of roof over The Bay though. A 2nd tier would be awesome.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred