• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Australian Football Stuff - not worthy of a thread

marinermick

Macarthur FC are yet to kick a ball but are already boasting the most lucrative club sponsorship agreement in A-League history.

The Bulls should enter the A-League in October next year without many cash flow problems having secured a major front of short sponsor, which club sources have told the Herald is worth $3.5 million in cash over the next three years.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer...sorship-deal-sign-farina-20191031-p5363e.html

From great initiatives including the aboriginal academy. Pity ours didn’t get up and running.

Though, they have appointed Jolic as assistant coach.

sydmariner

Macarthur FC have announced Ivan Jolic as Ante Milicic's inaugural assistant coach.

Jolic, 45, currently serves as Milicic's right hand man at the Australian women's national team, the Westfield Matildas.

Formerly, the ex-National Soccer League player served at Football Federation Australia in the departments of elite youth development and coach education.

He then spent three seasons at Melbourne City and two campaigns at Central Coast Mariners, before joining Milicic in the Australian U-20 national team set up.

“We first met as players in the NSL, but I got to know Ante properly during our work with the Young Socceroos about 18 months ago, then of course Ante took me with him to the Matildas set up,” Jolic said.

“There’s a solid trust between Ante and I – we work well together and share the same philosophy on how football should be played. It’s fair to say we both set high standards.

olic.jpg

Jolic is Assistant Coach to Milicic at the Westfield Matildas

“This region has produced so many top players and it’s very exciting to have the opportunity to build a club in such a hotbed of talent.

“The passion of the people here is attractive and infectious. It’s an ambitious club with a positive environment and appetite to succeed at every level.

"There’s a lot to do as we build the first team structure and recruit players, but as a project it couldn’t be more exciting.”

Jolic added a few words for the recently announced appointment of Ken Stead as Macarthur FC Director of Football.

“You can’t buy Ken’s experience. His knowledge of building successful structures from scratch will be critical for us.

"It’s going to be great to have him at the club making sure that every area of the football department works in unison.”

MORE: Ken Stead appointed Macarthur FC Director of Football
MORE: Rabieh Krayem named Macarthur FC Chairman
MORE: Ante Milicic unveiled Macarthur FC Coach

Macarthur FC

Wombat

From great initiatives including the aboriginal academy. Pity ours didn’t get up and running.

Though, they have appointed Jolic as assistant coach.

He has nine lives old “greedy” Jolic. It’s not good news for Macarthur that they have invested in the Matilda’s coaching dream team. I wonder how long they will last.

Last edited:

Big Al

Australia up 2-1 against Nigeria with 30mins to go.

Moved up to 2nd on GD at the moment. Nigeria are leading the group and are already through

Currently on SBS

We got a penalty for the 2nd which I thought we were lucky. I thought we lost the ball and was beaten to position before the push

Big Al

Australia up 2-1 against Nigeria with 30mins to go.

Moved up to 2nd on GD at the moment. Nigeria are leading the group and are already through

Currently on SBS

We got a penalty for the 2nd which I thought we were lucky. I thought we lost the ball and was beaten to position before the push
Equador are back in front against Hungry. So they are now in 2nd on 6 points and we 3rd on 4 points. Still winning but might not be enough.

Big Al

Equador are back in front against Hungry. So they are now in 2nd on 6 points and we 3rd on 4 points. Still winning but might not be enough.
Hungry equalized. But we still 3rd. Equal GD with Equador but they on top because they beat us I guess.
But I think we can make it in the 3rd

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
While watching United v Victory last night , Mrs Recky googled WU and enquired as to how they can join the comp without a “home ground” BUT Macarthur are ready to rock n roll and have to wait...I had no answer

Insertnamehere

While watching United v Victory last night , Mrs Recky googled WU and enquired as to how they can join the comp without a “home ground” BUT Macarthur are ready to rock n roll and have to wait...I had no answer
Really the league should have sucked eggs for another year and brought them in at the same time. Wutd would be a year less at Geelong and more relevant. Although imo Wutds biggest problem is all the other infrastructure such as a train station that is 8 years away.

turbo

Really the league should have sucked eggs for another year and brought them in at the same time.
I don’t think the league could afford another year stagnating and going backwards. The only logical reason they brought in WU this season and MacArthur next season is to appease WSW even though all involved deny it.

I think if the bid was so appealing they should have given WU a license to start in 21/22 with strict conditions based on stadium construction progress. Canberra seems to be a shoe in for the next spot anyway so why not bring them forward? Still allows them to start a team this year and appease WSW.

Insertnamehere

I don’t think the league could afford another year stagnating and going backwards. The only logical reason they brought in WU this season and MacArthur next season is to appease WSW even though all involved deny it.

I think if the bid was so appealing they should have given WU a license to start in 21/22 with strict conditions based on stadium construction progress. Canberra seems to be a shoe in for the next spot anyway so why not bring them forward? Still allows them to start a team this year and appease WSW.
Yeah the FFA said the macFc start date was an appeasement of WSW. Its BS that Wutd had shovels ready to start when they got the licence but nothing's happened in 6 or so months.

In terms of what's next, this was an interesting read.

https://footballtoday.news/features...he-metrics-in-the-a-league-expansion-decision

turbo

I believe the league being independent will now have a say on where expansion goes and Canberra doesn’t step on any toes which is a huge boost for their bid.

The big teams don’t have the conversion rate of viewers and members they should. Metrics look ok due to their large catchments but per capita the jets, Wellington and even us are smashing them. The league really needs to look at why that’s the case and improve big city engagement which will bring more money and fans in to the league benefiting everyone. That conversion rate and the cannibalisation which that article goes over makes me skeptical of some of the metrics. For example if the shire is such a rich area why aren’t more people there Sydney members? Not to mention the obvious issue of Wollongong being bundled in to the same bid without consultation.

BrisRecky

I was just in a pop up book shop in Queen street mall in BrisVegas and I saw Simon Hill autobiography for $5...my question is what has he done that will fill up 450 pages....I didn’t buy it , cause his my least favourite commentator ever ...but yeah

BrisRecky

Western United v Western Sydney Wanderers...WOOHOO, Fox Football can create yet another derby out of nothing

true believer

Macarthur FC have announced Ivan Jolic as Ante Milicic's inaugural assistant coach.

Jolic, 45, currently serves as Milicic's right hand man at the Australian women's national team, the Westfield Matildas.

Formerly, the ex-National Soccer League player served at Football Federation Australia in the departments of elite youth development and coach education.

He then spent three seasons at Melbourne City and two campaigns at Central Coast Mariners, before joining Milicic in the Australian U-20 national team set up.

“We first met as players in the NSL, but I got to know Ante properly during our work with the Young Socceroos about 18 months ago, then of course Ante took me with him to the Matildas set up,” Jolic said.

“There’s a solid trust between Ante and I – we work well together and share the same philosophy on how football should be played. It’s fair to say we both set high standards.

olic.jpg

Jolic is Assistant Coach to Milicic at the Westfield Matildas

“This region has produced so many top players and it’s very exciting to have the opportunity to build a club in such a hotbed of talent.

“The passion of the people here is attractive and infectious. It’s an ambitious club with a positive environment and appetite to succeed at every level.

"There’s a lot to do as we build the first team structure and recruit players, but as a project it couldn’t be more exciting.”

Jolic added a few words for the recently announced appointment of Ken Stead as Macarthur FC Director of Football.

“You can’t buy Ken’s experience. His knowledge of building successful structures from scratch will be critical for us.

"It’s going to be great to have him at the club making sure that every area of the football department works in unison.”

MORE: Ken Stead appointed Macarthur FC Director of Football
MORE: Rabieh Krayem named Macarthur FC Chairman
MORE: Ante Milicic unveiled Macarthur FC Coach

Macarthur FC
australia chile terrible . with the olympics 12 months away the ffa are clueless

BrisRecky

Fark moi...the scummers almost put Perth to bed.....two losses in a row and Poppa would of had a loud argument with uncle tony

turbo

Fark moi...the scummers almost put Perth to bed.....two losses in a row and Poppa would of had a loud argument with uncle tony
Would have undermined what we did if they got the win but uncle Tony should be worried. Turn up to ACL like this and it will go very badly.

BrisRecky

WELL, the f**kin Very Awful Referee has struck again...how was that not a goal to Westie United, the ball was across the line, the keepers knees were on the line, but I don’t think he counts as part of the ball EITHER WAY no way it should of taken 5 f**king minutes....killing the game

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami