• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Aussies Qualification - What Now ?

Mariner Girl

I was there too. The usuall Kiwi supporter goups that come over each year didn't turn up this time. Apparently they are all going to the Bledisoe Cup match in Hong Kong later in the year. The atmosphere was OK, but really only got going when we looked like scoring. The Australian Rugby crowds are a little reserved, so to speak.

serious14

Mariner Girl said:
Bledisoe Cup match in Hong Kong later in the year

I would give my left nut to be at that game....... the Hong Kong Sevens are a world renowned party, but this will be something else entirely.

serious14

coast said:
best game i can remember from the aussies in years, well over due. Love the new rules too.

Ah, a fellow fan.  ;D

Back on topic - does anyone have a clue how I'd go about getting tickets for the 'Roos game in Japan??  The FFA website is not really forthcoming, and the JFA site is quite basic.  I don't want to have to resort to the GGA, but I might have to in this case.

Anyone got any clue??

FFC Mariner

Maybe find out where it is being played and try contacting the local supporters via their website?? Be worth a try??

And you avoid lining the GGA's coffers too

serious14

URGENT!!!!!!!!

DEPART SYDNEY 5TH FEBRUARY, RETURN 12TH FEBRUARY, SYDNEY TO TOKYO WITH JETSTAR.  $715 RETURN WITH TAXES.  Giant sale on now, if you're willing to fiddle around with times and go via Cairns it can be even cheaper.

GET IN ON THAT SHIT NOW!!!!  ;D

serious14

BOOKED AND PAID FOR, NIPPON HERE I COME!!!!

;D ;D ;D

P.S.  Pardon the caps, I'm excited.  :p

P.P.S.  One of my favourite bands (that isn't Muse ;)) is playing in Yokohama whilst I'm there as well.  :thumbup:

serious14

Jetstar.com

Search for a return flight from Sydney - Tokyo (Narita International), from any time around the 4th/5th February through to the 12th, 13th.  The prices are there.  Not sure how long the sale is on for.

FFC Mariner

Bahrain  23  Japan
Qatar  30  Uzbekistan

Pre match quote from the Uzbek keeper (lol)

Uzbekistan goalkeeper Ignatiy Nesterov does not feel threatened by the promising Qatar team.

"I`m never concerned because I always know our own qualities. I have a lot of confidence in myself," he said.

"This is the first match of the vital round and it is always very important to start in a good and confident mood. We know we have a good chance to qualify for the World Cup and we will never give in."

and we beat a 10 man Holland 2-1 (Kewell & Kennedy).

Cant wait for Thursday

FFC Mariner

Australia line-up: 1.Mark Schwarzer (gk), 2.Lucas Neill (c), 5.Jason Culina (17.Jacob Burns 78), 7.Brett Emerton (21.Mile Sterjovski 46), 8.Luke Wilkshire, 9.Joshua Kennedy (20.Richard Garcia 78),10.Harry Kewell (23.Mark Bresciano 46), 11.David Carney, 13.Chris Coyne (6.Michael Beauchamp 70), 14.Carl Valeri, 16.Brett Holman (15.Bruce Djite 70),

Substitutes Not Used: 3.Scott Chipperfield, 4.Jade North, 12.Jason Petkovic (gk), 24.Shan Steffanuto.

Meggsi got on and North didnt.

northernspirit

uzbeks lose to japan in their next game theyre just about gone
we beat qatar and we're 2 points ahead of them with a game in hand
so far so good but very early days

Razorback

This road to the WC is so exciting, geez I'm stoked we are in Asia now. On the other side of that coin we would be near certainties at every WC winning Oceania then beating the 5th ranked Asian team. NZ are a real chance for this WC and f**k I'd love pump those sheep shaggers in front of the world on the biggest stage in international team sports (assuming we are placed in their group that is).

marinersman

Hopefully this might unsettle the Qatari team a little.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=575357&sec=worldcup2010&cc=3436

DOHA, Sept 24 (Reuters) - Qatar, who lead their qualifying group for the 2010 World Cup, have terminated the contract of their Uruguayan coach Jorge Fossati. 

Qatar's soccer chiefs decided Fossati's recovery from recent stomach surgery would take too long and that a new coach was needed for the rest of the campaign.

A senior federation official said Frenchman Bruno Metsu, who quit as coach of United Arab Emirates on Sunday, was favourite to succeed him.

'The contract was terminated, he just had an operation on his stomach which will take more than a month to heal,' the official told Reuters by telephone on Wednesday.

'We are interested in Metsu, he knows Qatar, but we are looking at local coaches also.'

Three of the 10 remaining teams in Asian World Cup qualifying have parted company with their coaches since the weekend, with Metsu's departure and the resignation of Uzbekistan coach Rauf Inileev, the 2007 Asian coach of the year.

Qatar currently lead Group One after a win and a draw in their opening round four qualifiers.

The tiny Gulf state, however, could be booted out of the competition and replaced by Iraq if the Court of Arbitration for Sport overrules FIFA's decision not to punish them for fielding an ineligible player in an earlier round.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred