• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Aussies Qualification - What Now ?

midfielder

Say its not so .......... I want Japan in Sydney

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,23949046-5013406,00.html

Double-booked: Origin may cost Sydney Socceroos' blockbuster
Ray Gatt Stuart Honeysett

July 01, 2008

SYDNEY could be the big loser after it was revealed the harbour city could miss out on the Socceroos' blockbuster World Cup qualifying game against Japan because of a possible clash with next season's State of Origin rugby league series.

more to read on link if you like

bjw

bjw
f**k. OFF
Surley a WORLD CUP QUALIFIER would be more important then a state of origin match. I would imagine a fair few Japenese would come across too. f**k the NRL they can have the SFS, let us have ANZ.

Mariner Girl

Don't worry, the State of Origin dates will jigged around to comply with the WCQ date. There is no way we will loose this match to bloody Mornington.

From the dug out

Recieved an email from a mate who is working in Dubai... he tells it how it was at the recent Socceroos v Iraq game.....lol :vhappy:

"Anyway 
Today is Sunday, over here anyway.  Went to the soccer yesterday & what a Bloody RORT from the Iraqi's,  they charged us Aussie's $100 U.S. (367 dirham's) for a ticket & the price for the Iraqi's was $5 (20 dirham's).  Then they only sold 450 ticket's to Australian supporter's out of 16,000 seat's & put us in a little section on our own. There was still about 4,000 vacant seat's & they even confiscated our bottle's of water at the gate. The bloke's selling the ticket's copped a barrage of abuse & if F.I.F.A. don't act on it, it bloody stink's.  It was the most unprofessional event i've ever been to. There was no program's for the game, no P.A. announcement's about score sub's or anything. The only thing they done was play the national anthem's.  We're probably lucky they won otherwise god know's what would have happened after the game..... nutcase's they are!!!  It was bloody hot & i don't know how the player's felt but we were drenched in sweat just sitting in the grandstand with our little 2dirham tub's of warm water they sold. Iraq were lucky to win the game with a fluke of a goal that caught Swarzer out.  The U.A.E. had nothing to do with it, they just hire the ground out to these dickhead's & the Asian Football Confederation is supposed to oversee these game's, %!@# know's where they were hiding. Other than that mate everything is sweet & just sitting down enjoying a few cold corona's, can buy Toohey's here but you have to go the Aussie Legend Bar to get it. Good to hear from you & it look's like i'll be back about the 9-10th of August. Will be great to catch up with you mate & have got a couple of good story's for you."

voice of reason

From the dug out said:
Recieved an email from a mate who is working in Dubai... he tells it how it was at the recent Socceroos v Iraq game.....lol :vhappy:

"Anyway 
Today is Sunday, over here anyway.  Went to the soccer yesterday & what a f**kING  RORT from the bloody Iraqi's,  they charged us Aussie's $100 U.S. (367 dirham's) for a ticket & the price for the Iraqi's was $5 (20 dirham's).  Then they only sold 450 ticket's to Australian supporter's out of 16,000 seat's & put us in a little section on our own. There was still about 4,000 vacant seat's & they even confiscated our bottle's of water at the gate. The bloke's selling the ticket's copped a barrage of abuse & if F.I.F.A. don't act on it, it f**king stink's.  It was the most unprofessional event i've ever been to. There was no program's for the game, no P.A. announcement's about score sub's or anything, Ossie does a better job at Budge. The only thing they done was play the national anthem's.  We're probably lucky they won otherwise god know's what would have happened after the game, f**king nutcase's they are!!!  It was bloody hot & i don't know how the player's felt but we were drenched in sweat just sitting in the grandstand with our little 2dirham tub's of warm water they sold. Iraq were lucky to win the game with a fluke of a goal that caught Swarzer out.  The U.A.E. had nothing to do with it, they just hire the ground out to these dickhead's & the Asian Football Confederation is supposed to oversee these game's, f**k know's where they were hiding. Other than that mate everything is sweet & just sitting down enjoying a few cold corona's, can buy Toohey's here but you have to go the Aussie Legend Bar to get it. Good to hear from you & it look's like i'll be back about the 9-10th of August. Will be great to catch up with you mate & have got a couple of good story's for you."

Tell your mate to ditch that f**king apostrophe before the forum grammar police get him!

MattSimon

Sure the country is wartorn, but that's no excuse for the way in which the Iraqi players, stadium management, coaching staff etc. acted like a bunch of right c@#$% during qualifying.
Their goalkeeper in particular should be ashamed for his unprofessionalism - but how I loved the look of urgency on his face after they conceded v Qatar! He was running around all over the place trying to get the ball for a quick goal kick hahahahaha!

Oh well, they have the next 6 years to think about it in the World Cup wilderness!

kevrenor

This has a Green & Gold Army alert over it, but is worth posting for anyone wanting to go to Tashkent, home of the Uzbeks, gateway to the Silk Road, and our first away game:

"****This is for people interested in going to Uzbekistan for the
Socceroos game on Wednesday September 10 2008.****

We are attempting to organise a group flight to Tashkent from Bangkok
so that everyone from Australia can make their own way to Bangkok then
we all travel together to Tashkent for the weeks festivities.

The flight is Uzbek Air and the cost will be no more than $880 (incl'
taxes) return BKK-TASHKENT-BKK.

*Flight 1 Monday, September 08, 2008
Departure: 00:10 Bangkok, Thailand - Suvarnabhumi International
Arrival: 04:40 Tashkent, Uzbekistan - Vostohny
Airline: Uzbekistan Airways HY534 Aircraft: Airbus Industrie A310-300

*Flight 2 Sunday, September 14, 2008
Departure: 14:40 Tashkent, Uzbekistan - Vostohny
Arrival: 22:55 Bangkok, Thailand - Suvarnabhumi International
Airline: Uzbekistan Airways HY533 Aircraft: Airbus Industrie A310-300

****So that means people need to get into Bangkok by 10pm on Sunday
September 8 2008 and organise their flight home for after midnight
Sunday Sept 14.****

Can those interested please email me (trumper@ggarmy.com) their full
passport name and their level of interest in this flight (definate,
probable, possible). We can then get these seats reserved on the
flight and negotiate the best price. So far we have about 10 definates
so we'd love to boost this up. You won't have to committ to any money
for 28 days (subject to negotiation) but just want to get level of
interest and then we can work with that. We also need your departure
point in Australia so maybe we can work on a group booking there but
please indicate if you already have a flight to Bangkok.

Eg. John Eric McGauran - DEFINATE - MELBOURNE - NO FLIGHT

We will work on land details (accom, prematch, transfers etc) once we
have sorted out getting to this wonderful destination."

Marvel at why the CIA waste billions collecting useless information:
https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/uz.html
http://wikitravel.org/en/Uzbekistan

serious14

Hahaha, $880 return from Bangkok - sorry GGA, I live in the real world.  A real world where getting a Visa for Uzbekistan from Australia is nigh on impossible.  And a real world where you're looking at $3500 minimum return (unless you find a good sale) to get there from Australia.

But hey, GGA are like, totally awesome.  And they'll be able to pull this off without a hitch.

:tv:

Update - not only is the actual status of these flights somewhat questionable, there are no seats available to book on either of these flights.  From _anywhere_.  Flight Centre, Best Flights, JetAbroad, Webjet....... not even my friend who works in a travel agency could find any available.

So unless they've already booked the seats (which they themselves said they havn't), this is a total scam.  But it's the GGA, and after their efforts for the Asian Cup, I'm not surprised in the slightest.

*Double Update*

Uzbekistan does not have a consulate for Australia in Tashkent, nor do they have an embassy in Australia.  So not only are you going to have to deal with the Uzbek Embassy in Washington D.C. (ffs), there is no guarantee that the Visa will be valid when you arrive, as the requirements change every few weeks...... better take some cash for a bribe.  ;)

"You should seek advice from local authorities on documentation requirements for exit before arriving in Uzbekistan.

Currency import and export (of the same amount) is allowed however you need to complete a customs declaration form on arrival and departure.

Registration is required for those staying three days or longer. If you are staying at a hotel, you will need to register there. If you are staying in private accommodation, your host should register you will their local Passports and Visa Office (OVIR or UVIR). If you travel to another city and plan to stay for three days or longer, you will need to register there as well. "

GGA taking care of all this as well??  :p

~Floss~

I'd be a pretty dubious about traveling to a country where the CIA site has a spot on the map labelled "Nukus".

serious14

centralcoastyouth said:
tbf atleast theyre trying

To be fair??  Trying??

F*ck me, you've lost the plot.  Ridiculous price quotes, a track record of scam-type prices, no mention of helping people get their visa's, flights that don't exist/have no seats available..... honestly, do you just post shit replies in every thread to get a rise out of people??

Floss - I borrowed this from Wiki for you....... Nukus developed from a small settlement in 1932 into a pleasant, modern Soviet city with broad avenues and big public buildings; however, the city's isolation made it host to the Red Army's Chemical Research Institute, a major research and testing center for chemical warfare weapons.  With the fall of the Soviet Union and the growing ecological disaster of the Aral Sea, the city has certainly seen better times. Contamination of the surrounding area by wind-borne salt and pesticides from the dry Aral Sea bed have turned the surrounding area into a wasteland, with very high rates of respiratory disorders, cancer, birth defects and deformities".

Do some more reading into the Aral Sea, and in particular an island that goes by the name of Vozrozhdeniya.  Scary shit.

MattSimon

~Floss~ said:
I'd be a pretty dubious about traveling to a country where the CIA site has a spot on the map labelled "Nukus".

I'm not even sure Uzbekistan is a real country. Has anyone actually gone there and made sure they exist?

clarence

MattSimon said:
~Floss~ said:

I'm not even sure Uzbekistan is a real country. Has anyone actually gone there and made sure they exist?
They exist on Wikipedia, so it has to be true!

Double landlocked country (only other is Leichenstein), surrounded by all the '....stans' you can think of! Very close to the northern border of Afghanistan. Aral Sea is an ecological disaster, not to mention the dubious uses the old USSR made of some parts of the country.

All that said, I'd love to be able to afford the time and money to get to the match in September, it will be special that's for sure!

FFC Mariner

Just got back from the Bledisloe Cup game at ANZ tonight - there would have ot be more atmosphere on the moon FFS.

Anyway, talking to one of the stadium managers who reckoned that ANZ would have the Japan game. Hope he is right.

S

soccersensei

Greenpoleffc said:
Just got back from the Bledisloe Cup game at ANZ tonight - there would have ot be more atmosphere on the moon FFS.

Anyway, talking to one of the stadium managers who reckoned that ANZ would have the Japan game. Hope he is right.

Great win, pity a bout the atmos then.
Re - japan - here's hoping!

serious14

Greenpoleffc said:

Sounded awesome on TV - guess they turn the mics up and such??

Tell you what though..... last night proved beyond a doubt that the new Rugby laws >>>>>>>>>>> the old Rugby laws by so far it's not funny.  That game was epically awesome in every way.

Also, Fox Sports coverage is so far superior to Channel 7's it's insulting.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred