• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Aussies Qualification - What Now ?

serious14

Come third in the group, have a playoff against Iran :)o :eek: :eek:) and then New Zealand :)piralaugh: :piralaugh: :piralaugh:).

I'm seriously considering going to the Japan away game in February.  Fly over (up??) on the Monday, come back on the Saturday, etc. and so forth.  Who's in??

Arabmariner

midfielder said:
Just had a peep at Uzbekistan record at home in the last round: 3-0, 3-0 and 1-0, and one of the 3-0s was against Saudi Arabia
This won't be easy but this is what it's all about.Eight home and away games that actually have real meaning and all the tension that goes with them.I'd much rather have this than 4 years of meaningless friendlys and one proper game every 4 years like we used to have.
BRING IT ON!! :vhappy:

Jesus

Jesus
Good draw for the roos. Much preferable to the other group IMO.
Uzbeks will be tough, but we should be able to beat them at home.

If we cant make the world cup through this group, we certainly dont deserve to make it.

Also good to avoid away in Nth Korea. Imagine how many of the euroroos would have been unavailable through minor injuries

Atomic

northernspirit said:
japan away lookin good - may look into it

It's going to be cold but there is some awsome powder for skiing over in Japan at that time of year

serious14

Oh, by the way, just so we don't forget - this was what Group B ended up being:

North Korea
South Korea  (seriously, what nutter thought it was a good idea to pair them up, _again_?!?)
Iran
Saudi Arabia
UAE

Methinks we dodged a bullet getting into Group A.  Although the rematch with Iran would have been epic.

FFC Mariner

Group B looks nasty as there would possibly have been 3 horror away games (Iran, N Korea, Saudi). If we win our home games, beat Qatar (again, they are pony) and nick a result somewhere else, we will do it.

You would think that Sydney will get 2 home games, Melb 1 and Brisvegas 1.

Cant wait

Arabmariner

We'll probably get the last game.....dead rubber again!!?? :)

I'd like to see us get the Uzbekistan game as well.

FL are you listening?

Atomic

Lets suppose Melbourne is only going to get one game... they will be lobbying hard to get the marquee game. On the face of it, one would think that would be the Japan game, but as Arabmariner said, it runs the risk of being a dead rubber. Interesting times ahead.

Mariner Girl

After a good night sleep and digesting our WC grouping, I am so happy we didn't draw Group 2 . Again banana skins all over the place with that group.

Saudi - Women can't drive and absolutely no drinky poos.
Nth Korea - logistic nightmare to get to with visas etc. They take your mobile phone off you the minute you arrive into the country + your laptop and give them back when you depart.
Iran - we KNOW what can happen here.

So, breathing a huge sigh of relief we are in Group 1

:eek:verhead:

Jocwa08

JAPAN star Shunsuke Nakamura believes the Socceroos struggle to cope with his country's pace but still views them as a huge threat to World Cup qualification.
The two teams have become big rivals in recent years and that is set to continue in the next phase of World Cup qualifying.

Pim Verbeek has already said Australia's fate is likely to come down to it's final home game(s) in the group with Japan the final opponents in June next year.

Nakamura told fifa.com: "We would hope to be through already before playing them away. It would be a tough game to win in Australia otherwise.

"I think we put the World Cup trauma behind us by beating them at the Asian Cup. But we know they are a big, strong team.

"Australia have several players in the English Premier League. They're physical and very dynamic the way they overlap. They play power soccer but still pass the ball very well.

"I think we're also the sort of quick team that Australia don't like to play. But obviously it is extremely important that we win our home games."

"We certainly didn't get the worst possible group," said Japan coach Takeshi Okada, who led the country to their first FIFA World Cup finals in 1998.

I think we will beat japan at home and lose away.
beat qatar both home and away.
lose to uzbek there, draw at home.
beat bahrain home and away.
that gives us 16 points.
will that be enough ?

dibo

how many of us were alive then, let alone remember it?

i'd rather the rivalry be built on present day sporting competition.

...and those bastards killing our whales.  :fireup:  ;D

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred