• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Aussies Qualification - What Now ?

scottmac

Suspended
FFC Mariner said:
Having said all that, watching Australia under Verbeek is absolute torture TBH.

A good side will tear them to pieces - lets not forget that apart from Japan they havent played any of Asia's other power houses.

WTF would you play Scotty Mac as a lone striker in a dead rubber against what was pretty poor opposition.

Not too sure about that. First half against the Dutch comes to mind.

serious14

scottmac said:
FFC Mariner said:
Having said all that, watching Australia under Verbeek is absolute torture TBH.

A good side will tear them to pieces - lets not forget that apart from Japan they havent played any of Asia's other power houses.

WTF would you play Scotty Mac as a lone striker in a dead rubber against what was pretty poor opposition.

Not too sure about that. First half against the Dutch comes to mind.

The rapings of Qatar when Forsatti was our bitch weren't too bad either..... I recall one of them being away from home too.

The way I see it, Pim's already practising for the World Cup now.  He's pretending these teams are someone else.  Last night was a chance to test out the 4-2-3-1 against a fast team (oh, let's say, Spain).  The game against the Uzbeks was a chance to test ourselves against a team of big hard nuts (hmmmmm, Serbia perhaps??).  As Murphs said to me, the game against Japan is a test in itself.

What's the point of peaking _now_, as opposed to June 2010??  Honestly??

bjw

bjw
Is this 'Buzz' cnut for real???

Question...
Hey Buzz

Sounds like youve really rattled the cage in the zoo today. What do you think about 20 odd million dollars of Australian Tax Payers money being spent on Australias bid to host a World Cup? Seems to me to be a waste of money.

And his reply..........

Gday Dave. Its a terrible, terrible waste of money. The PM and Kate Ellis keep handing out all this money to SOCCER but brush the real football codes that are far more popular. Frank Lowy has obviously got powerful mates in government. 

FFC Mariner

http://www.totalsportstravel.com.au/upload/images/Web%20Site%20Flyers/2010%20FIFA%20FOOTBALL/First%20Release%20Packages.4.pdf

Best packages I have seen so far (for sheer choice) and you arent lining the pockets of the GGa/Fanatics either.

Seriously eyeing off the party bus option. How dangerous is it really?

tuftman

brennan said:
Is this 'Buzz' cnut for real???

Question...
Hey Buzz

Sounds like youve really rattled the cage in the zoo today. What do you think about 20 odd million dollars of Australian Tax Payers money being spent on Australias bid to host a World Cup? Seems to me to be a waste of money.

And his reply..........

Gday Dave. Its a terrible, terrible waste of money. The PM and Kate Ellis keep handing out all this money to SOCCER but brush the real football codes that are far more popular. Frank Lowy has obviously got powerful mates in government. 

Wonder if he realises that us hosting the World Cup is actually beneficial for the country

marinermick

FFC Mariner said:
TT huh?

Sounds like a plan - will you be in there by KO?

a little afterwards

we finish training at the indoor centre at tumbi at 8

sacko, bear and a few of the others will be there as well

J

jiggles

Going for steak then prob just watch at Settlers since will already be there. Or go home. Where beer is free and it's warm. Whatever.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred