• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Aussies Qualification - What Now ?

Kareem

timmy cahill double- japan must really hate him
i only saw last 10 mins of game unfortunately (internet stream wasnt working for me)
thoughts on carle?
i saw him make 2 good defensive efforts (in the bits and peices for the first 80 mins)(lol thats all i saw tbh from the freezing, oh and cahill celebrating, my stream skipped the goal)

coast

That second goal gave me the same feeling i remember from our last visit to the world cup or our semi final at home against the scum, it's been missing for a long time. Cannot f**king wait till South Africa, so tempting to go.

pjennings

Ithuriel said:
Rhys Williams did alot of work tonight. Glad to see him making an impression on his debut.

Yea - I thought he looked good. Interestingly he was disappointed with his effort and thinks he can play a lot better.

midfielder

A headline and story no other code could get ... http://www.sakigake.jp/p/news/main.jsp?nid=2009061701000564

marinersman

I thought Williams was outstanding considering it was his first cap being so young and not having played in six weeks. I thought our best players were Neill and Vinnie. The back four were very good. North was excellent.

First half was ordinary but the second was very good.

Not sure what you mean mick, I thought Bozza was excellent tonight and has a big future in the media. I thought his spray about Timmy was especially good and it's about time we fought back against the shit from News Ltd. I can't believe they can print all their crap with no public reply.

Tonight we proved we are the strongest side in Asia. It's time for Pim to improve us over the next 12 months to give us the best chance to get out of our group in South Africa.

serious14

coast said:
That second goal gave me the same feeling i remember from our last visit to the world cup

+eleventy million.  Bestest feeling in the world when Cahill (due a sainthood by now, surely??) smashed home that second goal.

;D

serious14

Arabmariner said:
I heard a rumour today a friendly against the poms was about to be announced........?

They've announced that the farewell game next year will be at the MCG (much like in '06) with the opponent to be confirmed....... based on the timing and what-not, a major European nation is highly unlikely you'd think??

Arabmariner

serious14 said:
Arabmariner said:
I heard a rumour today a friendly against the poms was about to be announced........?

They've announced that the farewell game next year will be at the MCG (much like in '06) with the opponent to be confirmed....... based on the timing and what-not, a major European nation is highly unlikely you'd think??
The rumour didn't say when this was to take place but it wouldn't be during the EPL season.

How long between the end of the EPL and the start of the WC ?

bulldogmariner

Its more likely to be a South American team as the Europeans will see it as too far to come. Brazil and Argentina have been mentioned but will depend on who we draw at the World Cup.

Kareem

serious14 said:
Arabmariner said:

+1
its not very logical for a world cup side to prepare in Australia...
expect a non World Cup side...
the only logical one for me would be NZ (assuming they have any chance vs Nth korea/bahrain :p)
If I was head guys...I would suggest booking Egypt (no bias) assuming they dont make the world cup (which is a travesty in its own self :()
Look to be one of the highest prifle/quality nations set to miss out

dibo

Kareem said:
its not very logical for a world cup side to prepare in Australia...

i don't know about that. australia were in camp for the best part of a month before 06, same will surely apply next year, and in australia there are loads of good facilities at about the same latitudes as SA (important for acclimatisation). South American nations wouldn't come around the long way for the privilege of warming up at the same latitudes as home, but European nations wanting to stay in the southern hemisphere but out of the circus could do worse than coming here.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred