• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Asian Cup qualifier - Kuwait vs Australia

Brighty

Well, they're definitely taking a few dives in and around our 18yd area... FFS I wish Jedi would put a hit on one of em!!! If they want to dive.... just make sure they won't get up again.

FFC Mariner

Would have taken a point before the game, need a win in our last game against Indonesia in March to qualify.

Heff was great. Top effort from him.

played with 9 men thanks to Kemp and Archie - neither should play for Australia again

Sym

Heff and Mile played well.
Danny next game !
Vidosic was pretty much everywhere it seemed aswell
upfront...did we even have strikers ?

Sym

jetsfan said:
is this a joke? heffernan starting after he cant even make the original squad??
and his form of late has been terrible

Being wrong...I've also done that.

FFC Mariner

Sym said:
Danny next game !

No strikers only Archie proving yet again that he is not and will never be capable of stepping up. Rustyatitsoff or Djite would have been better options. They are the future and need game time.

serious14

For various reasons, this was the first Roos game I wasn't been able to watch in over 5 years.  I am more than a bit gutted about this fact.

Thanks to everyone for their posts though. Twas like a replay, but in text form.  :)

dibo

Sym said:
jetsfan said:

He might be a scummer, but I can't fault the logic. On Heff's current form he'd have been hard pressed to be selected for anything if there were any remotely plausible alternatives. I'm baffled that he was picked ahead of Jamieson even though he's been poor too, just not quite as bad in my view.

The moves to spark both Kuwaiti goals came down our left flank too, though in the second goal the cross came from pretty high up the pitch.

scottmac

Suspended
FFC Mariner said:
Sym said:
Danny next game !

No strikers only Archie proving yet again that he is not and will never be capable of stepping up. Rustyatitsoff or Djite would have been better options. They are the future and need game time.

Same with Spiranovic, he should have been starting instead of Colosimo.

Colosimo, Archie and Sterjovski were woeful. All 3 can kiss the world cup goodbye. Carle was unlucky i think, to get a start in his favoured spot finally, and be on a minefield like that must have been hard.  thought he did ok.

scottmac

Suspended
dibo said:
Sym said:
jetsfan said:

He might be a scummer, but I can't fault the logic. On Heff's current form he'd have been hard pressed to be selected for anything if there were any remotely plausible alternatives. I'm baffled that he was picked ahead of Jamieson even though he's been poor too, just not quite as bad in my view.

The moves to spark both Kuwaiti goals came down our left flank too, though in the second goal the cross came from pretty high up the pitch.

They said on FOX that Heff out trained him during the lead up quite visibly and left Pim with an easy choice.

Andre_1

Andre_1 said:
Heff had a good game I thought, Kemp was out of position all the time, Archie is A League standard only these days I'm afraid. Carle was always going to struggle on that pitch so by that rule I guess he did OK. Jedi was strong in the middle, Sterj was A.W.A.L the entire time he was out there, Colosimo was being talked up prior to his stuff up which led to the goal by Harper which was funny. Will be a few noteable absentees in Brisbane me thinks?

marinermick

scottmac said:
dibo said:
Sym said:
jetsfan said:

They said on FOX that Heff out trained him during the lead up quite visibly and left Pim with an easy choice.

and his long throw-ins also gave him a huge advantage over jamieson

he peppered kuwait all night with them

usual heff game - explosive going forward with defensive frailities

could be a smokey for the world cup if he gets to move in january or march

FFC Mariner

I would think last nights performance would increase the chances of him looking to move early to keep himself in the frame.

Harper reckoned Jamieson was off to Belgium for trials at Cercle Bruge so maybe his head wasnt right?

pjennings

marinermick said:
and his long throw-ins also gave him a huge advantage over jamieson

he peppered kuwait all night with them

usual heff game - explosive going forward with defensive frailities

could be a smokey for the world cup if he gets to move in january or march

Heff may make it - but only if Chippers or Carney are injured. He got the goal and  didn't do too much wrong - unless you believe that he was to blame for both goals like Slater does    ???

Colosimo showed that he is no longer up to it at this level. I still haven't seen that he has been that great this season - one game on, one game off. Moore needs someone quicker with him - otherwise he should not start. Kemp just seemed over-awed, though improved in the second half.

Wilkshire was good as was Vidosic.  Mile was good until he got a head knock. Sterj was missing. Carle and Archie didn't do their slim chances of SA any good

Hopefully, Danny will get a game against Indonesia, although I think Schwarzer, as well as Neill have said they will come in March if a result is needed.

All in all disappointed that we drew after the leading 2-0. However, the performance was a lot better than in Canberra. An away draw, with a depleted squad, with some encouraging performances, against a skilful team should be seen as a success. We are a mid-level team with our best players. These were not our best players - but they regrouped after losing the lead and controlled large parts of the second half.

Despite the doomsayers I can still see plenty to be happy with. 

Roy Law

Heffernan had his best game of the season against Sydney, in front of Verbeek, so how people can say his form hasn't been good is a little beyond me. Thought Mile broke up everything in midfield, could only fault him for his passing which has never been his strong point. I think he won more balls in midfield than anybody. Liked the look of Vidosic; Thompson can just forget it.

Roy Law

Some people get paid to write this stuff, from sportal.com "The Mariners' right back faces stiff competition to become the back-up for that position in South Africa, but Luke Wilkshire's strong performance in a defensive midfield role against Kuwait may force a re-think from Verbeek on how he structures his starting XI. Wilkshire's excellent performance against Kuwait put forward the case for him to shift permanently from his right back role, opening the door for Heffernan, who played on the left on Thursday, to come in as back-up for either Brett Emerton or Rhys Williams."  ???

Forum Phoenix

Roy Law said:
Some people get paid to write this stuff, from sportal.com "The Mariners' right back faces stiff competition to become the back-up for that position in South Africa, but Luke Wilkshire's strong performance in a defensive midfield role against Kuwait may force a re-think from Verbeek on how he structures his starting XI. Wilkshire's excellent performance against Kuwait put forward the case for him to shift permanently from his right back role, opening the door for Heffernan, who played on the left on Thursday, to come in as back-up for either Brett Emerton or Rhys Williams."  ???

Unbelievable. Almost as bad as according to the "express" today we were looking to return to winning ways after losing our first game in the last five on NYE.

::)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred