• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Asian Champions League 2008 - 'official thread'

graaant

a.v said:
Foxsports.com.au and SEN online have Adelaide up by 2-0, which is incorrect....

The score is only 1 - 0 to Adelaide atm....(those following online, need to be aware).

Stupid Salley....seems the refs aren't putting up with the Aussie rough stuff....lol :redcard:

I don't think it has anything to do with "Aussie rough stuff". I've been quite impressed with the officiating in both games, apart from a couple of bad calls in the MV game, but they're only human.
Salley's red card was stupidity on his own part and while it may seem harsh, that's the rule and when you do it right in front of the referee he has no choice but to book you, yellow card standing or not.
Good call IMO

marinersman

Great results tonight.

The barrell boys were slaughtered in the first half but came back into it in the second and ground out the result. Ugly from them, but they got what they wanted.

Can't wait for next Wednesday. Hopefully another six points and that will see both teams in poll position to get through their groups

graaant

"Bizarrely though, while Vargas was lucky to escape without a red card, Sandro was punished for simulation and handed a yellow card, serving an ominous warning to the home team regarding the inconsistant and sometimes dumbfounding nature of Asian officiating."

442 seems to think this is restricted only to Asian officiating? Though I'd like to think they're including us in that "Asia" LOLZ

skilbeck

I hate both sides kits. I hope we dont do anything like them next year. I reckon Melbourne were onto something with the V. Why abandon it?

MattSimon

I must admit it felt very strange to be cheering on Muscat when he went for the penalty. Haven't done that since November 2001. I was genuinely happy to see both teams get up. Go the Aussies!

And Brucey boy had me in stitches HE MADE LOVE TO THE CORNER POST FOR AT LEAST TEN MINUTES! And sucked in one of PoHang's better players to the point of getting two yellows in 60 seconds! Slater kept commenting "oh no, Mike, they're heading for that corner again!" The crowd must have been absolutely livid.

Auburn Mariner

The blokes on SEN said the crowd at Docklands was 23k. What, there was press around that ALL THREE home games were sell-outs? I think not. Also, total fire ban in Melbourne tomorrow, so it must have been scorching at Docklands this evening

Adelaide's victory was most impressive, especially with 10 men and in SE Asia.

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this before, but on an Asian Football website I was checking out earlier, Melbourne and Adelaide are listed to play two games in three days next week, on the 19th & 21st of March, one home, one away, the second on Good Friday.

Is this right? That means all players will have serious jet lag, surely?

Jeez, I missed my Foxtel tonight. Had the SEN coverage on streaming, not bad at all, but I love this ACL and I get to see it next Wednesday, thankfully. Will miss Friday night though, on nightshift again, bugger, come on down SEN 1116AM.

This will be us next year. THIS WILL BE US NEXT YEAR. Asian nights by Brisbane Water, cannot wait for that.

S

soccersensei

Victory looked great huh... Should have slotted a few more mind you - Love watching Archie cut OTHER TEAMS open. Among other things, AU looked slow on the ball, though this was probably highlighted by the fact that the Korean's were very good IMO. But hey hats off to AU, they defended well and ground out the result, I know I was cheering! Two great results :pirate: :pirate: :pirate:

FFC Mariner

Well done to both of them. I reckon Adriaaaaaaaaaaaaaan is going to me a massive signing for us.

The Koreans were a reasonable side but that was a v good controlled performance from MV

cruiser

Great results. It's easier to want Melbourne and Adelaide to win in the ACL than Sydney or the Jets.

Gav...

Congrats to both teams on great victories....

In the melbourne game, i reckon it was how they were playing when they won the championship. Archie ripped the defence in half. Should of scored a few more times but i am sure they are wrapped after that victory. After watching A.C last night i am very excited about him coming to us next season and lets hope he can play just aswell next year in asia.
In the adelaide game a bit lack lusture to me. first goal was a good headed and the second goal was just luck. unfortunatly the ref had to do this  :yellowcard::yellowcard::redcard: (twice). I think the steelers played better than adelaide. but adelaide had strong defence but couldnt hold the ball in midfield.

Looking forward to hopefully some australian team involvement into the knockout round unlike adeliade and bling the year before.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

graaant said:
Salley's red card was stupidity on his own part and while it may seem harsh, that's the rule and when you do it right in front of the referee he has no choice but to book you, yellow card standing or not.
Good call IMO

I agree completley - though in Salley's defence, I doubt he would've been booked for that in the HAL.

Pretty dumb to do something like that when you're already on a caution.

Didn't get to watch either match, unfortunately, save for a few minutes when Salley got punted. 

Bear

Danny Allsopp, is by far, the worst player in Asia. He is just SSOOOOOO rubbish. Only a f**king halfwit would have taken the shot and not left in for the ONSIDE Archie to slot. Dead set muppet.

Iv invented a new drinking game. Everytime Allsopp butchers a shot, plays a ball straight to the other team, or generaly f**ks up, you have a shot. Will need to set up a tv IN the bottle shop lol

EDIT: Adele informs me the game is to be called "Allsopp's of trouble" as in all sorts of trouble  :thumbup:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred