• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Asian Champions League 2008 - 'official thread'

kevrenor

Starts tonight:

FOX SPORTS coverage times (AET):

Matchday 1
Wed 12 Mar      Melbourne Victory v Chunnam  - 7pm LIVE          FOX SPORTS 1

Wed 12 Mar      Pohang v Adelaide United    - 10pm SDD            FOX SPORTS 1

Can't wait!

Tassiemariner

I hope Melbourne Victory get a great crowd and a victory.
Was listenin to one of those bs AFL mornin radio shows this morning and one person tipped a 15,000 person crowd. How stupid.

northernspirit

really looking forward to this, i think based on season end form melbourne will do well - i cant see adelaide getting out of their group - best part is we can watch and prepare ourselves for our asian assault next year :D

kevrenor

Foriegnmariner said:
I hope Melbourne Victory get a great crowd and a victory.
Was listenin to one of those bs AFL mornin radio shows this morning and one person tipped a 15,000 person crowd. How stupid.

I heard that is because Victory offered 1 ticket per member - and only 15,000 took it up! If correct is stupid, but let us hope the public release and walk up will take it to 30K.

marinersman

I've been reading all week there expecting around 30,000, which will be huge if they get near that figure.

Hopefully they can both get through their group.

I'll be cheering both teams on right through the tournament.

marc

this years ACL is going to be very, very interesting.
i think both melbourne and adelaide will do well.. learning from last years mistakes regarding to preparation and oposition.
i think adelaide will be extremely well prepared having gone two years back to back, they only needed a little luck in a few games to win their group.
melbourne have a strong squad as well, they will be hard to beat.
it will be great viewing!

kevrenor

First up Melbourne Victory v Chunnam Dragons

A chance to look at Caceres in action. MV have Celeski in starting lineup but not Tommy P.

kevrenor

Melbourne one up after 29 mins - Kevin Muscat penalty - after Kemp brought down
Caceres making a contribution so far without shining (sorry, Caceres superb cross from the left just before the break).
Melbourne have had about 5 chances to their 1. Half-time.

graaant

Victory are looking good, some excellent movement off the ball.
If Celeski can get some nicer touches and bring himself into the game more, they'll rip it up.

Caceres is looking good with one or two nice crosses so far.

Is it hot in Melbourne tonight or what is going on with MV jerseys? I.E Vargas looks like he went swimming it in after only 10 minutes?

northernspirit

caceres did some good stuff, understandably a bit rusty - hasnt played much the last 2 months same can be said for the rest of melbourne, they will only get stronger the longer they stay in the tournament... looking good for the tards

kevrenor

Melbourne Victory 2 (Muscat, Vargas) - Chunnam Dragons 0, FT

Pohang Steelers v Adelaide United now on!
Adelaide up in 4th minute by Cornthwaite header off a corner!

midfielder

Great win by MV a win for football to and Adelaide up 2 nill as well in the 60th min.

Sun shine lolly pops and sugar coated lemon drops everyone is hsppy when Aussie sides win in Asia.

Can hardley wait to it our turn

graaant

You silly silly boy Jonas.
Adelaide are sinking quickly.

How nimble does Denilson look! Won't be long before he nets for the Steelers.

a.v

Foxsports.com.au and SEN online have Adelaide up by 2-0, which is incorrect....

The score is only 1 - 0 to Adelaide atm....(those following online, need to be aware).

Stupid Salley....seems the refs aren't putting up with the Aussie rough stuff....lol :redcard:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julihrb