• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Asian Champions League 2008 - 'official thread'

Jorome Alexander Bennett

Greenpoleffc said:
I cant freakin wait for our turn and please,please,please can they rig the draw so we get Uruwa
Uruwa are not going to win the J-league. With six games left they are sitting fifth. Top three qualify for CL. They's one point off third.They can qualify if they win the CL, surely. Maybe the Emperor's Cup has a spot.

Antlers are on top of the J-league on GD. But Nagoya are equal points. I want to play Nagoya Grampus. I have friends from Nagoya and if the economic downturn f**ks off I hope to study there in 2010.

But regardless of who we play, it is going to be bananas.

Bear

Goldenboy said:
They can qualify if they win the CL, surely.

CL winners go straight to the knockout stage, and miss the group stage. Uruwa could in theory get relegated and win the CL this year, but still play in the CL next year, even though they would be in the 2nd division.

northernspirit

true at present bear but the comp is being reformatted from next season and i dont think that continues, also there will be more prize money on offer - we will be in the ACL at a better time than AU/MV/SFC imo

Bear

lol at the ACL if the winners dont automaticly qualify, so they can defend their title. Make them enter at group stage at least.

Sym

If they aren't good enough to qualify through their league, I don't think they should be given the opportunity to defend their title.

How about the final, is it still over two legs ?

dibo

Goldenboy said:
Actually the talk suggests that the AFC intend to have a centre piece final, like UEFACL.

Get ready to win our way down the road to Bangoluru.

They used to have that but ditched it because having nobody show up to the continent's showcase club match was a little embarassing, so they switched to two leg finals.

Jorome Alexander Bennett

Sym asked about next season's comp.

Next season the final will be 1 leg match at a neutral venue.

http://images.the-afc.com/Documents/common/cms/afc/Comp_Calendar_2009_20080915.pdf

Mariner Girl

Jimmy, mate what are you doing? Have you been drinking tonight and thought
"I know - I'll go and annoy the Marinators"
Love - we are on your side for the ACL semis. Have you got your ticket?
Just don't get chucked out of the ground, hey.
BTW - will you be rooting for us next season?

Jesus

Jesus
Bearinator said:
Goldenboy said:
They can qualify if they win the CL, surely.

CL winners go straight to the knockout stage, and miss the group stage. Uruwa could in theory get relegated and win the CL this year, but still play in the CL next year, even though they would be in the 2nd division.

Didnt that happen a couple of seasons ago?

The cup winners in japan do egt a place i belive. Maybe that was how a team relegated got in

Bex

I can't see anywhere in the knockout stage where the winner of the previous FIFA Club World Cup gets a place in this year's Club World Cup so I'm guessing the winner in Japan won't get automatic admission to the knockout stage in 2009.

Scroll down a bit over half way down this page and look at the "bracket" section. The only mention of Japan is "Host Representative" which implies its the host that goes direct to knockouts rather than the previous winner.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_FIFA_Club_World_Cup

~Floss~

So.... any wild predictions for tonight?

I didn't think Adl looked 3 goals better than Bunyodkor (sp?)in the home leg... luck was certainly on their side.

However I think we (CCM) can claim a bit of credit for teaching them that you can't always take a 3-0 half-time lead for granted, and I doubt they'll stuff it up this time.

My head says the likely result is Bunyodkor by 1-2 goals, but I'm gonna predict Adelaide to go 1-0 up against the run of play (maybe a lucky penalty?) and then they won't really care what happens after that.

bulldogmariner

I Just want Adelaide to get through. I would love to see them in the final and i guess i would love being there even more. It would be a tremendous result for Australian Football.

bulldogmariner

Greenpoleffc said:
Get there but lose please.

We want to be the 1st side to win it
Thats so negative!
I hope they win and return for next seasons ACL so we play against the best of the best.
If they win they play in World Cup Championships and that would be awesome for the Australian Game as well.
Hasnt Football Come So Far In This Country?
Johnny Warren TOLD US SO!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred