• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Asian Champions League 2008 - 'official thread'

tuftman

Keeper_Herbs said:
Top 2 to CWC ?
Isnt there a playoff system too ?
As Japan are the host nation, they get a team in the CWC, this being Gamba Osaka. So the AFC representation goes to Adelaide. I know that last year Sepahan and Urawa where in the same situation, and played the first match of the CWC as a knockout match

dub

Mariner Girl said:
kevrenor said:
goingtoadisco said:
very dissapointing result.

Yep, but weren't Gamba good, and their support non-stop!

Struth, we are going to have to be good next year!

I am SO glad you said that. Remember guys, some of these Asian clubs have represented their league in this competition since the late in 1960's (sure it's had a few name names).
This isn't going to be a kiddies playground we're stepping into next year.
Poor Adelaide just had no answer to Gamba's speed in which they played the match.

It is going to be hard for Adelaide, especially without Ange and Eurgene because of their yellow card situation, but we have shown twice that you can come back from 3-0 down! :pirashoot:

Well now that both games are finished why dint Adelaide take up the offer from Tony Vidmar to use Bosnich in Osaka after he finishes with CCM that would have given Eurgene one more week to recover and play in the final at home where they had a chance of getting up. No way Bozza would have let 3 in over there. 

Redline

On the off chance that we get in there with a full strength squad...which i know is a slim shot as we'll have at least 2 or 3 out with injury and if Tufty goes to see any games leading up to the ACL, Danny will be out with a Red Card, we should do ourselves and the HAL proud. We have a decent record against Adelaide, and though the ACL is a different environment to the HAL, I think we have some good steady heads in our team.

northernspirit

yeah but adelaide flopped badly in their first attempt, they had previous experience and we dont
we can do it, but the odds are firmly against us

David Votoupal

northernspirit said:
yeah but adelaide flopped badly in their first attempt, they had previous experience and we dont
we can do it, but the odds are firmly against us

But they were playing a team whose aggressive attacking prowess would have done that to ANY team in Asia, and maybe beyond.

Results between J-League, K-League and A-League teams for most part have been close.

ponno

Gamba just looked class.... i wonder how last night would have played out if they had not been 3 goals down.... i also wonder how our mariners will go next year.

TOPGUN-JIMMY

ho well , was a great run to the finals , at least we beat victory an shitney to something for once,
there quality(gamba) are just to fast for this league of ours, but ey, we got there an the others did,nt.
victory =ACL  FAIL... :piralaugh: :eek:verhead: :eek:verhead:

ADELAIDE = ACL FINALIST  RUNNER UPS. :fireup: :fireup: :eek:verhead: :eek:verhead: :thumbup:
good luck to yous an newcastle next season,
carnt beleave the boys were even run over by ccm last nite,
well done, dont no whats going on.im lost for words, maybe futige, no excuses antways, the nite went off wed an was the greastest moment in my, just being there an to see such a sea of red... :thumbup: :eek:verhead: :eek:verhead: :eek:verhead:

fedelta

TOPGUN-JIMMY said:
ho well , was a great run to the finals , at least we beat victory an shitney to something for once,
there quality(gamba) are just to fast for this league of ours, but ey, we got there an the others did,nt.
victory =ACL  FAIL... :piralaugh: :eek:verhead: :eek:verhead:

ADELAIDE = ACL FINALIST  RUNNER UPS. :fireup: :fireup: :eek:verhead: :eek:verhead: :thumbup:
good luck to yous an newcastle next season,
carnt beleave the boys were even run over by ccm last nite,
well done, dont no whats going on.im lost for words, maybe futige, no excuses antways, the nite went off wed an was the greastest moment in my, just being there an to see such a sea of red... :thumbup: :eek:verhead: :eek:verhead: :eek:verhead:

FUKN DEVO AYEEE
I HERE U R NOT GOIN TO ANYMOR UNITED GAMES?!?
U GIVEN UP???

Redline

TWG just showed an excerpt of the interview with Aurelia Vidmar after the Final, VIdmar saying that there was a definite mini-gulf between us and them in every area. Craig Forster said it showed a lot of class from such a young coach to say somethign like that. I think Vidmar comes across as a classy and sensible down to earth kind of guy.

They also showed an interview with the AFC President, and he said that the Nix after 2011 all clubs in the HAL MUST be AUstralia...ie the Nix will have to go. Apparently this has come down from FIFA more so then the AFC, but it would explain to a degree why there seems to be suddenly so much more urgency around expanding the HAL.

The other thing of interest is that he is disappointed with how little we spend in terms of infrstructure, coaching, bringing players in etc. This I feel shows a bit of a lack of knowledge in the Australian market.

He also said that he wants to see promotion/relegation with at least 2 leagues in the near future, which again, apparently this is a FIFA issue...and is a fairly important factor in a World Cup Bid. I think we're a long away from being able to have a 2nd league..our 1st league is, if we look at it holistically (sp?) the league commercially, though it is lumbering along, still falters.

TWG also confirmed that North Queensland Fury are using Green as their primary colour...I hadn't heard anything as to what colour strip they were going to be using.

ANd then there's the Canberra bid for an A-League Team. Apparently they have 1200 foundation members signed up at $200/ea and the ACT Govt have committed to $3 million and they have a number of Commercial sponsors already.  I agree that we need a Canberra team in the comp, but I disagree with it being now. We run the risk of becoming the East Coast of Australia League if we're not careful.

I know there are incredible hurdles, but I still feel we need to get a team in Darwin....there's nothing else to do, and those kids have incredible ball skills naturally...thats why the AFL recruits heavily from the NT, and the episode of Nerd FC where they went up....Craig Forster would show those kids somethign once and they'd then do it like it was natural. Plus, it would be a great staging area for Asia as it's the closest we have to similar climate conditions.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred