• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

ASHES 09

FFC Mariner

Sean said:
This reminds me of the time NZ ran around celebrating like spastics that they had a 0-0 draw in their last game at the confederations cup.

A glorious outcome to be set alongside Dunkirk, Charge of the Light Brigade, WC 1970 etc..........

D'oh

Arabmariner

I like to see thae sassenach's get beat at anything by anyone.

But lol at the captain of probably the most unsportsmanlike team of any sport in the world having a whinge and more or less saying the poms were cheating !!

What Ponting should have said was "Yes there was a bit of gamesmanship going on out there but it's all part of the game and we'd have done the same in that position.It was up to us to finish them off but we weren't up to it."

He'd have earned a lot more respect for himself and his team imo.

bulldogmariner

That pitch was so flat. No wonder they survived. Bring on Lords and some grass. Australia has a great record at Lords and won their only test of the 2005 series there.

adz

Staff member
Yep we know the Sheep/Sister f**king Welsh made the pitch into a road just so it could go all five days and they could collect on tickets for all 5 days. Nevermind the game!

Second test to finish either session 3 day 3 or session 1 day 4 ;)
* weather permitting

marinermick

adz said:
Yep we know the Sheep/Sister f**king Welsh made the pitch into a road just so it could go all five days and they could collect on tickets for all 5 days. Nevermind the game!

* weather permitting

well picked up adz

imagine if they ever held a test in scotland - they would sell tickets for the sixth day!

marinersman

marinermick said:
marinersman said:
6-137. Shouldn't be long much longer now.

lol

Well at the time I thought it was reasonable to expect it to be all over in double time. Who would have thought an English cricket team would show some ticker (exception being 2005 of course)?

The South African needs to have a good long look at himself and stop thinking he's the best cricketer in the world when he is no where near it. He needs to control his ego.

scottmac

Suspended
Arabmariner said:

But lol at the captain of probably the most unsportsmanlike team of any sport in the world having a whinge and more or less saying the poms were cheating !!

What Ponting should have said was "Yes there was a bit of gamesmanship going on out there but it's all part of the game and we'd have done the same in that position.It was up to us to finish them off but we weren't up to it."

Did you see any gamesmanship with Kasprowicz and Lee at the crease to decide the 2005 series?
Hmmm?
Whats that?
You didn't?
Even with Ponting as captain?
Whats that you say.......................?

It was poor tactics of a weak, beaten team and if England somehow manage to drag themselves off the shit heap to regain the ashes, it will be a travesty.

Unsportsmanlike my arse.
They play hard and to the limits, but never has an australian team captained by Ponting ever pushed the laws. Pushed common decency and gentlemanly conduct for sure, but time wasting and ball tampering (2005)?

marinermick

marinersman said:
marinermick said:
marinersman said:
6-137. Shouldn't be long much longer now.

lol

Well at the time I thought it was reasonable to expect it to be all over in double time. Who would have thought an English cricket team would show some ticker (exception being 2005 of course)?

The South African needs to have a good long look at himself and stop thinking he's the best cricketer in the world when he is no where near it. He needs to control his ego.

the west indians worked him out and now australia are bowling a similar line

tuftman

scottmac said:
Arabmariner said:

Did you see any gamesmanship with Kasprowicz and Lee at the crease to decide the 2005 series?
Hmmm?
Whats that?
You didn't?
Even with Ponting as captain?
Whats that you say.......................?

It was poor tactics of a weak, beaten team and if England somehow manage to drag themselves off the shit heap to regain the ashes, it will be a travesty.

Unsportsmanlike my arse.
They play hard and to the limits, but never has an australian team captained by Ponting ever pushed the laws. Pushed common decency and gentlemanly conduct for sure, but time wasting and ball tampering (2005)?

Faaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrk you sound like Bill Lawry in the Boned CD just quietly

But again, did Johnson try badging some of their tailenders?

curious

Interesting thread that appears to indicate many CCM supporters are Brit born or second generation Brit migrant. In the forum at least, seem to outnumber non Brits?

Sorry, but i can't hear the accents with their heads up their bums over the first test, so it's hard to tell.

marinermick

curious said:
Interesting thread that appears to indicate many CCM supporters are Brit born or second generation Brit migrant. In the forum at least, seem to outnumber non Brits?

Sorry, but i can't hear the accents with their heads up their bums over the first test, so it's hard to tell.

vocal minority

forum is a good avenue for their whinging

Arabmariner

scottmac said:
Arabmariner said:

It was poor tactics of a weak, beaten team
That's the point......you didn't beat them.

I'm far far from being a cricket expert.I take no more than a passing interest in the results of a test usually but a bit more when the Aussies are playing England because I like to see England get beaten. ;)

Nearly every Australian trying to explain to me the point of test cricket after being asked about the point of playing for 5 days to end in a draw etc etc has pointed out to me that it's up to one team to bowl the other out.Australia couldn't do it,Ponting the unsportsmanlike tosser couldn't take it and had a whinge!
marinermick said:
adz said:

* weather permitting
imagine if they ever held a test in scotland - they would sell tickets for the sixth day!
6 days MM ?

They wouldn't sell any for one lol ! :p

Arabmariner

marinermick said:
curious said:

vocal minority

It's not the Poms doing the whinging in this thread lol  ;D

tuftman

Arabmariner said:
marinermick said:
curious said:

vocal minority

It's not the Poms doing the whinging in this thread lol  ;D

oh Snap

But really, the Poms deserved to get thrashed, credit to them for hanging in there at the end though, we had 10 overs or something to get 1 wicket?

Arabmariner

curious said:
Haven't you heard of the British football mafia ?

You should ask Fozzie about us !  ;)

serious14

adz said:
We do need someone who can knock over the tail though.... grr.

+1

Johnson was positively awful in those last overs, and Ponting's captaincy went a bit amiss.....

FFC Mariner

Hughes has reportedly started crying again and will now only sleep with the lights on........

Harmy is gonna get you.......

adz

Staff member
FFC Mariner said:
Hughes has reportedly started crying again and will now only sleep with the lights on........

Harmy is gonna get you.......

Go Harmy!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7Y6T44tzIc

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred