• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

ASHES 09

kanewillow

The ashes start in 6 days so i thought might beat DV to it and make a thread.
Any one got any prediction on score, most runs, most wickets player of the series

series score-aus 3-1

most runs- simon katich

most wickets- mitch johnson

player of the series-simon katich

marinermick

3-2 australia

both katich and hussey have the technique and temperment to do well in english condition and it is no surprise that they both scored 95 and 143* respectively last night

for most wickets i am going for a roughie and calling stuart clark - he is the type of seamer that could take bucket loads of wickets in england like terry alderman did

scottmac

Suspended
2-1 Aus

top scorer - Phil Hughes
Wicket taker - Harmison
Man of Series - Mitch Johnson

I believe it will be a very tight series and Australia will struggle to take 20 wickets each game. Johnson will fire and may just carry the Aussies through with both bat and ball. Last innings stand in 5th test between Johnson and Hussey to win the series.

Jazzie

Sheer joy at beating the scum :)
3-0 Aus

top scorer - Katich edging out North
Wicket taker - Mitchell Johnston ... just
Man of Series - Mitchell Johnston, because of his all rounder capabilities

I don't think Engerlund will win any of the tests, although it will be close on two of them.

FFC Mariner

Not so sure about that TBH.

if Hughes doesnt work out (although I think he will) England will have a chance.

2-2

Jazzie

Sheer joy at beating the scum :)
FFC Mariner said:

if Hughes doesnt work out (although I think he will) England will have a chance.

2-2

I had the 2-2 and Aus to retain ashes in my mind first up, but I think the Aussies have more of a killer instinct .... really depends on if and how KP performs, imo.

tuftman

Mike Hussey to be top runs scorer- he's played numerous domestic seasons in England, and scored a stack of runs, including a triple century(plural?)

Mitch Johnson to tie with Siddle for leading wicket taker. I'd be surprised if Lee or Clark got much of a look-in tbh, the Johnson Siddle Hilfenhaus pace attack was great in South Africa.

Player of the Series- Mitch Johnson, probably score handy runs as well as take wickets, dunno about batting at 6 in English conditions though

nikko

Suspended
Jazzie said:
FFC Mariner said:

2-2

I had the 2-2 and Aus to retain ashes in my mind first up, but I think the Aussies have more of a killer instinct .... really depends on if and how KP performs, imo.

KP to bang Paris Hilton again

adz

Staff member
I haven't been following too closely for a while - do we have anyone that can "reverse swing", or will we be whinging about that yet again when it's cloudy and the ball swings all over the place?

tuftman

adz said:
I haven't been following too closely for a while - do we have anyone that can "reverse swing", or will we be whinging about that yet again when it's cloudy and the ball swings all over the place?

We have the Poms bowling coach from the 05 series, Troy Cooley. Apparently he's been working on getting the Australia bowlers to get the Irish swing happening

scottmac

Suspended
tuftman said:
adz said:

We have the Poms bowling coach from the 05 series, Troy Cooley. Apparently he's been working on getting the Australia bowlers to get the Irish swing happening

Siddle will swing the ball both ways but not much, same for Johnson.

FFC Mariner

Harmy looked ok at Worcester the other day and gave Hughes a pretty torrid time early on.

Thing with Hughes is if he gets set you are pretty well f**ked as at least 1 of the Aussie top order will hang around. If two of them dig in you are likely to be chasing 500

tuftman

scottmac said:
tuftman said:
adz said:

Siddle will swing the ball both ways but not much, same for Johnson.

Only need to swing it half a bat width to do the damage

FFC, whats the news on Simon Jones? I'm a huge fan of him, even though he's a Pom

marinermick

Michael Holding has made the quote of the century commentating on the tele right now:

"They say that catches win matches. How come they never say that runs wins matches?"

midfielder

SBS to rate it's head off... quite a good thread on the SBS coverage team

Interesting thread http://www.theroar.com.au/2009/07/02/sbs-choose-renegade-brigade-for-ashes-coverage/

No one can accuse SBS of playing it safe in its choice of commentators for the Ashes. The free-to-air broadcaster has called up some former Test mavericks to ensure some lively coverage for the five-Test series.

Stuart MacGill will play the hosting role in the Sydney studio and will be joined by Greg Matthews and Damien Martyn.

The outspoken Rodney Hogg will be the man on the ground

Atomic

marinermick said:
Michael Holding has made the quote of the century commentating on the tele right now:

"They say that catches win matches. How come they never say that runs wins matches?"

When Whispering Death speaks, I listen... but the only way to win a match is to take 20 wickets*... your team can score 1 run and you can still win, but you can't take 19 wickets and win.

Also, the Aussies are getting some reverse swing as we speak.

(*not including retired hurt or some other obscure unrealistic law).

FFC Mariner

I remember seeing him bowl at the Oval when I was a kid. Run up almost end at the rope, ground was totally silent (or so it seemed) and then every W Indian in the ground (as it was the Oval, that was nearly the entire crowd) would yell as he delivered the ball.

Smoothest action I have ever seen

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred