• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Arnie, you don't live here any more. Stay out of the pantry.

yellowcake

I am a bit confused - has Arnie simply agreed to honour (upgraded) his contract or has he signed a one year extension?
Me too... I've seen reports saying he will stay with Mariners on an extended deal for the next two A-League seasons, but then any quotes from Arnie say he will be completing the original 3 year contract...

"I signed a three-year deal two years ago and I want to finish it," he said. "I am a loyal person."

"I have decided to see that three-year term out (in Arnold's current contract) because of the loyalty and respect I have for the players, the chairman, the staff and all the supporters," Arnold said in a statement.

Confusing much?

In spite of this...
Initial press release and Mariners website said:
Indeed, Arnold has agreed to an extended, upgraded deal with the yellow and navy which will see the former Qantas Socceroos boss remain as mentor of the Mariners until the end of the 2013/14 Hyundai A-League season.
...2 pieces in yesterday's Central Coast Express (sorry, not available online) - one an interview with Arnie, the other Mossy's column - only indicated he would see out the 3rd year of his contract. Also, PT's 'Statement to Fans', more recent than the original announcement, doesn't mention a term.

While I'm satisfied we have him for next season :eek:verhead: I'm kinda suspecting anything beyond that has not been formalised.

Gratis

In spite of this...

...2 pieces in yesterday's Central Coast Express (sorry, not available online) - one an interview with Arnie, the other Mossy's column - only indicated he would see out the 3rd year of his contract. Also, PT's 'Statement to Fans', more recent than the original announcement, doesn't mention a term.

While I'm satisfied we have him for next season :eek:verhead: I'm kinda suspecting anything beyond that has not been formalised.

i see it this way also, definite finishing off the 3 years with maybe an extra year penciled in that hasn't been signed off on currently by Arnie. i'm happy with the year. if by the end of it he hasn't signed overseas he'll likely stay with us another year rather than move to a different HAL club

pjennings

I think it all is tied up with further investment. It looks like Arnie believes there is room for improvement in the current squad members and he has agreed work in this years budget with the current ownership structure.

If the Russian money does come through (and if it is really a heavy hitter like Fedun) then I am sure that both Fedun and Arnie will see the team as a good base to win the ACL - whether that is this year or next. If it is for this year we have 2 games to win before the squad can be strengthened.

midfielder

Sorry if it has been posted before or elsewhere ... 9 minute with GA on why he stayed...

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/centralcoastmariners/news-display/VIDEO--Arnold-outlines-Hiddink-influence/47252

Very interesting the 3 minute mark...

Gratis

up until now i was somewhat unclear on exactly what Arnie had agreed to...

" Graham Arnold agreed to extend his deal with the yellow and navy, which will see him remain at the Club until the end of the 2013/14 Hyundai A-League season."
http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/centralcoastmariners/news-display/2012-Year-In-Review/56992

aaaand apparently I am still unclear:

"The Mariners also said Arnold still had another full year on his contract to run, not an optional extension.

But when Arnold confirmed he was staying at Gosford this season and not moving to Sydney FC after two years at Bluetongue, he said he would only be seeing out his existing three year contract.

“Two years ago I signed a three year contract with the Mariners," Arnold said last May. "

http://au.fourfourtwo.com/news/268416,mariners-deny-arnie-china-job-offer.aspx

rbakersmith

Arnie's turned down an offer from Sheffield United - and laid into their "prehistoric" thinking in the process:

CHAMPIONSHIP-WINNING coach Graham Arnold has declined the job at English lower league club Sheffield United, claiming the club's "prehistoric" thinking would have meant a backward step for him in his career.

While he still remains determined to forge a coaching career overseas, Arnold, who led Central Coast to a historic first A-League title last season, revealed yesterday he had declined a formal offer from The Blades after mulling over his decision for several days.

"In all honesty, I didn't have to think too long or too hard about it," Arnold told The Australian.

"It just wasn't for me.

"Forget that the financial offer in itself was quite poor, but I would have been taking three steps backwards in my development as a professional coach if I had gone."

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...jected-by-arnold/story-fn63e0vj-1226655482492

MrCelery

Interesting.

Just goes to show that Europe as a destination for players and coaches is not always the best thing. I too, would have expected more from a club like Sheffield United though. But having watched a number of Championship matches following Notts Forest, I have seen that the quality of CCM under Arnie, and Brisbane Roar under Ange, is often higher.

Even more respect to Arnie.

midfielder

They seems upset with their board... [Heard that Fozzie wants to be Arnie's BFF now]

English are now also starting to put the boot in... also cooments similar to the fans forum...
Former Aussie boss labels Sheffield United as 'prehistoric' after turning down job offer

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2334738/Graham-Arnold-labeled-Sheffield-United-prehistoric.html#ixzz2V8p8E4qX
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred