• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Are these our new shirts

Bear

skilbeck said:
mariners4evachamps said:
scottmac said:
Definitley need white on the away shirt

na i think all the clubs should make a unique away shirt just like the turds.

i dont mean we should use white as the dominant color, i mean we should go with a bit of white since it is our third colour. We could have a third strip that is predominantly white though

Its our third colour because its everyones third colour. We are yellow and blue, thats it, not white.

Auburn Mariner

What about a QPR-style top (settle Blackadder, stop drooling!!), with yellow & blue hoops? Can someone design one of those? Parma used to wear this design, and it looked sensational.

Auburn Mariner

After re-reading this thread, yes the Boca top, but with yellow the predominant colour.

The blue on some of these designs is not dark enough, we we wear Navy Blue, similar to Geelong & my beloved Carlton in the AFL.

Which site can you go to design the tops? I could spend hours designing tops, it is a lot of fun.

skilbeck

Auburn Mariner said:
After re-reading this thread, yes the Boca top, but with yellow the predominant colour.

The blue on some of these designs is not dark enough, we we wear Navy Blue, similar to Geelong & my beloved Carlton in the AFL.

Which site can you go to design the tops? I could spend hours designing tops, it is a lot of fun.

i agree

skilbeck

Bearinator said:
skilbeck said:
mariners4evachamps said:
scottmac said:
Definitley need white on the away shirt

na i think all the clubs should make a unique away shirt just like the turds.

i dont mean we should use white as the dominant color, i mean we should go with a bit of white since it is our third colour. We could have a third strip that is predominantly white though

Its our third colour because its everyones third colour. We are yellow and blue, thats it, not white.

not true sydneys third is orange, scums is red, tards is grey/white, adelaide is yellow, rest is white

Paolo

Auburn Mariner said:
What about a QPR-style top (settle Blackadder, stop drooling!!), with yellow & blue hoops? Can someone design one of those? Parma used to wear this design, and it looked sensational.
Like these
1998.99-Chiesa-Home-fronte.jpg
1999.00-Thuram-Home-fronte.jpg
2000.01-Amoroso-Home-fronte.jpg
2001.02-Milosevic-Home-fronte.jpg
2003.04-Gilardino-Home-fronte.jpg

fedelta

Just did these on Photoshop:
They are a bit bodgy but you get the point.

Reading:
mariners-reading.jpg

Boca Juniors:
mariners-boca.jpg

fedelta

Yeah I'd love to see hoops on the Mariners jersey but it probably won't happen for a long time.
It would be great to see every club with a different jersey in V4.

Andy

taylor said:
Yeah I'd love to see hoops on the Mariners jersey but it probably won't happen for a long time.
It would be great to see every club with a different jersey in V4.

Both Jerseys look good Taylor.

However could you possibly do another version of the Boca one and make it predominately yellow with a blue strip?

Andy

This is an away jersey drawn up by the Sydney fans. Contains the Port of Sydney flag and looks great IMO.

AwayJerseyMockup.jpg

marinersman

I like that Sydney Jersey except for the ship. I doubt JVC wuld be happy with the signage though.

I would love to see us in the hoops. I used to follow the Brisbane Strkers many moons ago in the NSL and when they were sponsored by Patmalat they had a rip off of the Parma hoops and it looked great.

It's time Reebok and the FFA loosened their control and let clubs come up with their own unique designs.

The one thing I hate about the HAL is the franchise type American control over the clubs. Give them some freedom to forge their own club identities with different strips and websites. 

Paolo

taylor said:
Wait I just saw what Keensy did and they kill what I did haha.
incorrect, what some bloke did ages ago on the old forum which keensy just did a search for and posted here

Jesus

Jesus
marinersman said:
I like that Sydney Jersey except for the ship. I doubt JVC wuld be happy with the signage though.

I would love to see us in the hoops. I used to follow the Brisbane Strkers many moons ago in the NSL and when they were sponsored by Patmalat they had a rip off of the Parma hoops and it looked great.

It's time Reebok and the FFA loosened their control and let clubs come up with their own unique designs.

The one thing I hate about the HAL is the franchise type American control over the clubs. Give them some freedom to forge their own club identities with different strips and websites. 

The contract will likely always be made by the ffa. So as to evenly spread the revenue between the clubs. Which is fair enough, but they should really exclaim the need for more variety from whoever makes them.

dibo

marinersman said:
I like that Sydney Jersey except for the ship.

that's a pretty key part of the port of sydney flag - not much of a port without ships now, is it? ;)

taylor said:
Just did these on Photoshop:
They are a bit bodgy but you get the point.

Reading:
mariners-reading.jpg

Boca Juniors:
mariners-boca.jpg

either of these work for me. the blue's got to be navy rather than the more 'royal' shade here, but otherwise very nice!

as for the other jerseys keensy put up, there was some bloke called electro who got about punting jersey ideas all over the place and i'm really not sure what his deal was - whether he worked for the FFA or Reebok or just was a very interested and able observer, those look like his work.

Paolo

as for the other jerseys keensy put up, there was some bloke called electro who got about punting jersey ideas all over the place and i'm really not sure what his deal was - whether he worked for the FFA or Reebok or just was a very interested and able observer, those look like his work.
You would be correct.
The reverse boca design he made always stuck in my mind so i did a simple search of the old forum.
I know he made designs for the other clubs aswell and put them on their forums

Atomic

My biggest fear is that when all is said and done, the club will engage some graphic design and marketing "gurus", who have no appreciation of football heritage, to design our shirt. Their brief will probably be along the lines of creating something "funky", modern and fashionable that will appeal to the kids. Look at our logo! A soccer ball in the middle of a wave! Obviously designed to appeal to the uneducated masses.. "Oh, right... it's a soccer ball, so it must be soccer... and a wave, so they must be by the beach... der..."

There have been some awesome designs and ideas on this forum, a lot of which are centred around very simple patterns... hoops, bar etc. Sure most of them are rip offs of overseas clubs, but I view it as paying homage to the football heritage that those clubs have established over decades. If we end up with some kind of graphically designed wave nightmare, then I'll be saying "thanks, but no thanks!" I'll stick with my Star trek nightmare that I bought in V2.

midfielder

For me plain is better than hoops or stripes. Stripes look to much like old league teams of yester year IMO, hoops just do nothing for me. Man U , Liverpool, Real, Leeds and so on use plain strip and have for years and it looks good. (OK OK Leeds based their's shirt on Real)

So for me a plain design in yellow with blue used but limited.  In a RL team I played in once they had an all yellow shirt apart from across the shoulders to around the elbow was a spear that gradually got thinner the closer it got to the elbow where the spear finished with a sharp point, the spear was blue. I have no skills at drawing it but it looked great on; and to this day would be one of the best designed shirts I have ever seen.

Paolo

if its simple people want, bring back this strip but replace white with our blue. They would also look classy
00000231-Photo.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred